Raining on Obama's parade

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Political Radar: Raining on Obama and Biden's Parade

He's standing out there, in a crowd of 10-20,000 people, in the pouring rain giving a speech. Now THAT is dedication, THAT is commitment, THAT is something McCain could not do for fear of catching a cold at his old age. And don't you consvs. come on here and tell me that McCain withstood 5 years of torture in Vietnam, etc. That was 35 years ago. The man is 72 now.

He's standing out there, in a crowd of 10-20,000 people, in the pouring rain giving a speech. Now THAT is dedication, THAT is commitment, THAT is something McCain could not do for fear of catching a cold at his old age. And don't you consvs. come on here and tell me that McCain withstood 5 years of torture in Vietnam, etc. That was 35 years ago. The man is 72 now.

standing in the rain! wow! that takes serious balls and a real commitment and dedication to getting wet. THAT is something John McCain wouldn't do.

have you ever heard the expression "too stupid to come in out of the rain"?
i think it applies here, but you spin it any way you want-it can't help but be amusing.

Obama standing in the rain isn't a big deal... the 10 - 20 thousand people who stood with him? that's a big deal!

I love this part of his speech

"Sometimes the skies look cloudy and it's dark. And you think the rains will never pass," Obama preached, "The young people understand that the clouds -– these too will pass, that a brighter day will come."

very inspiring!

Seriously----this impresses you ?

Obama standing in the rain isn't a big deal... the 10 - 20 thousand people who stood with him? that's a big deal!

I love this part of his speech
Quote:
"Sometimes the skies look cloudy and it's dark. And you think the rains will never pass," Obama preached, "The young people understand that the clouds -– these too will pass, that a brighter day will come."

very inspiring!

no offense, but you're kidding right? i'd have a hard time coming up with a more hackneyed, cliched POS. "these too will pass", "a brighter day will come."
such profundity!

i agree 10-20,000 standing in the rain is a big deal, but people do stuff like that all the time to meet/see celebrities.

hell, i stood out in the rain to see the Pope, and i'm not even a catholic. it's just, how often do you get to see a Pope? he didn't have the Pope-mobile, though, so that was kind of a bummer, but he did have a really cool hat.

I'm surprised they didn't melt.

wicked%20witch.jpg

Just for starters, how bout you break his arms, hang him from a rope, and beat him for awhile?

Then, come back, make comparisons like that and tell us how dedicated and committed he is, 35 years from now.

Just for starters, how bout you break his arms, hang him from a rope, and beat him for awhile?

Then, come back, make comparisons like that and tell us how dedicated and committed he is, 35 years from now.

:eusa_boohoo:

he broke his arms by crashing his fucking plane! and he's not the only POW who was tortured and quite frankly I'm sick of hearing about it....using that as a political tool is pathetic...it doesn't make him more qualified to be POTUS...it means he got captured by the enemy...

and del....cliche or not...the metaphor for the state of this country was brilliant, especially when said while standing in the rain....

I stood in the rain in San Louis Obispo in Feb for 8 long hours wating for the riders in the Tour of Ca. Do I get a purple heart?

I amso sick of hearing about McCain's experience as a POW. Have you ever heard of James Stockdale? He was a POW from 1965 - 1973 and not once, not goddamned once did he ever hold a massive campaign rally, throw ads on the TV, and center his campaign around his time as a POW. It does NOT, does NOT make you qualified to lead the united states of america. James Stockdale was a hero, as is John McCain, but James Stockdale was a class act, John McCain exploits his time as a POW and uses it as propoganda. It's absolutely sick and disgusting.

I amso sick of hearing about McCain's experience as a POW. Have you ever heard of James Stockdale? He was a POW from 1965 - 1973 and not once, not goddamned once did he ever hold a massive campaign rally, throw ads on the TV, and center his campaign around his time as a POW. It does NOT, does NOT make you qualified to lead the united states of america. James Stockdale was a hero, as is John McCain, but James Stockdale was a class act, John McCain exploits his time as a POW and uses it as propoganda. It's absolutely sick and disgusting.

Barack Hussein Obama is NO James Bond Stockdale, and Obama making a political speech in the rain (or sunshine for that matter), doesn’t make him patriotic, in my opinion.

I do agree with you though: McCain does lay it on thick about being a POW and I wish he wouldn’t do that, I don't think he needs to, but he didn’t bring up his POW experience here, I did, and I did it to draw a parallel between Obama and McCain given your defamatory comment: “THAT is something McCain could not do for fear of catching a cold at his old age”.

80,000 people stood in the rain once to hear Incubus play at the Beale Street Music Festival in Memphis. What's the big deal?

Yeah, we should just ignore the fact that he has shown bravery and dedication in his life.

Because it makes Obama look like a nobody.

Kerry On!

Forum List

Back