Rainbows Are “Sexually Suggestive”

Ravi

Diamond Member
Feb 27, 2008
Hating Hatters
PANAMA CITY, FL – After a two-day trial in which a Florida high school principal testified that he believed clothing or stickers featuring rainbows would make students automatically picture gay people having sex, a federal judge today ruled that the school violated students’ First Amendment rights of students. The case was brought by the American Civil Liberties Union on behalf of a junior at the school who had been forbidden by her principal to wear any sort of clothing, stickers, buttons, or symbols to show her support of equal rights for gay people.

“Standing up to my school was really hard to do, but I’m so happy that I did because the First Amendment is a big deal to everyone,” said Heather Gillman, a junior at Ponce de Leon High School and the plaintiff in the case.

http://www.aclufl.org/news_events/index.cfm?action=viewRelease&emailAlertID=3554

:rofl:

You have got to be kidding me.

When did my "right to not be offended" become more important than your right to free speech?

I'm not a big ACLU fan, but they got this one right.

You have got to be kidding me.

When did my "right to not be offended" become more important than your right to free speech?

I'm not a big ACLU fan, but they got this one right.

Somewhere over the rainbow
Way up high
There's a land that I heard of
Once in a lullaby

Didn’t you know that the Tinky Winky (the purple Teletubby) was homosexual?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teletubbies#Tinky_Winky_controversies

ed_imgTINKY-WINKY_335395a.jpg

How anyone could tell is beyond me. Teletubbies don't talk or wear clothing. Tinky Winky did like his bag and hat, though....

burt n ernie...the root of evil.

i'm writing that back in black guy now.

I love when Family Guy spoofs Bert and Ernie.
My brother talked like Grover for 3 years when we were growing up.

When did your right to free speech become more important than my right to not be offended?

There is no right to not be offended. You would practically have to live in isolation to not be offended these days. Also, what Michael Savage seems not to comprehend, having the right to speak does not mean that I am obligated to purchase you a podium.

The Constitution does NOT say so. It says my rights are just as important as some retard liberal's.

I have the "right" to not suffer fools and idiots trying to impose their bullshit agendas on me.

Actually, you don't. You do have the right to walk away, though.

The Constitution does NOT say so. It says my rights are just as important as some retard liberal's.

I have the "right" to not suffer fools and idiots trying to impose their bullshit agendas on me.

Actually, you do. Same as I've had to endure fools, idiots and vile liars pushing the rabid right's BS agenda since the Reagan Era. Last I checked the Constitution preventing abriding freedom of speech. It said nothing about shielding people from hearing things.

And yes, amazingly, you can turn off the TV, the radio, walk out of the room... yadda, yadda, yadda.

Actually, you don't. You do have the right to walk away, though.

Actually I do. Why should I have to walk away when I am not the extremist nimrod doing the offending?

That's one of THE biggest problems here. Since when did average, normal-thinking people who are the vast majority subjugate themselves to the vocal extremist minorities?

Where exactly does the Constitution emasculate the majority and force it to suffer the tyranny of the minorities? It doesn't and it takes a backwards-assed viewpoint to believe that it does.

Actually, you do. Same as I've had to endure fools, idiots and vile liars pushing the rabid right's BS agenda since the Reagan Era. Last I checked the Constitution preventing abriding freedom of speech. It said nothing about shielding people from hearing things.

And yes, amazingly, you can turn off the TV, the radio, walk out of the room... yadda, yadda, yadda.

In comparison, you endured NOTHING the right has the past 7+ years. You lefties have perfected being fools, liars and vileness above and beyond any kind of moderate differences of opinion. You allow a poltical party to think for you and suck up every drop of bullshit it spews.

And no, you can't just "turn off the tv." If it was only so easy. Turning off the tv just allows extremists like you and those you blindly follow to dictate the rules.

People like me turning off the tv has resulted in a choice between absolute idiots like Obama, Clinton and McCain as the representatives of this Nation. It's just a matter of which of the 3 liberals I want dictating what we're supposed to think and fleecing my wallet.

So YOU turn off the tv if you're of a mind to. Might as well. Why bother having it on? You'll just follow the herd down to the polls anyway and push the "D" button even if Satan himself is the candidate.

Actually I do. Why should I have to walk away when I am not the extremist nimrod doing the offending?

That's one of THE biggest problems here. Since when did average, normal-thinking people who are the vast majority subjugate themselves to the vocal extremist minorities?

Where exactly does the Constitution emasculate the majority and force it to suffer the tyranny of the minorities? It doesn't and it takes a backwards-assed viewpoint to believe that it does.

Gotta love that tyrrany of the majority. The minorities must be oppressed at all times.

Forum List

Back