Raiders Jack Tatum dies at age 61

Based on that Side of the Story...

One of these Men is Dead...

Tatum didn't Violate the Law.

They both took to the Field that Day Knowing the Dangers... Especially back in the Day.

It's not like he Raped and Murdered his Daughter.

:)

peace...

He didn't rape her hypothetical dead body either. Your efforts to minimize his misdeeds are silly. Risks aside, he paralyzed a man in a preseason game and showed no remorse over it. I get that he's your guy and the fact that he's a shitty human being doesn't take away how good he was on the field but the only time he tried to make some kind of amends or just say "sorry that happened, man. is there anything I can do to help," was years later as a publicity stunt to sell books ... total scumbag move. Stingley repeatedly said that his door was open and he never manned up.

Intent Matters... And both Sides are Required before I Damn someone to Hell.

I Doubt he Intended to Cripple another Man...

And I don't Know what went on between them Decades ago, and neither do you.

That's all I'm sayin'.

peace...

They both took to the Field that Day Knowing the Dangers... Especially back in the Day.

peace...

He didn't rape her hypothetical dead body either. Your efforts to minimize his misdeeds are silly. Risks aside, he paralyzed a man in a preseason game and showed no remorse over it. I get that he's your guy and the fact that he's a shitty human being doesn't take away how good he was on the field but the only time he tried to make some kind of amends or just say "sorry that happened, man. is there anything I can do to help," was years later as a publicity stunt to sell books ... total scumbag move. Stingley repeatedly said that his door was open and he never manned up.

I don't know either guy, but football was a different game when Tatum hit Stingley in what would now be declared both a late hit and unneceessary roughness.

Tatum claims to have approached Stingley to offer condolences shortly after Stingley was hospitalized, but was "turned away" by Stingley's family.

Tatum's books seem to be not just an effort to supplement a questionable post-NFL career, but also "more an indictment of the glorification of violence in professional football than an autobiography."

Unless you have never committed a regretable act in your earlier life that you didn't think was; A. Your Fault, or B. Never apologized for, then you are no less a "Total Scumbag" than Tatum.

• Thanks
Reactions: mal

peace...

I don't know either guy, but football was a different game when Tatum hit Stingley in what would now be declared both a late hit and unneceessary roughness.

Tatum claims to have approached Stingley to offer condolences shortly after Stingley was hospitalized, but was "turned away" by Stingley's family.

Tatum's books seem to be not just an effort to supplement a questionable post-NFL career, but also "more an indictment of the glorification of violence in professional football than an autobiography."

Unless you have never committed a regretable act in your earlier life that you didn't think was; A. Your Fault, or B. Never apologized for, then you are no less a "Total Scumbag" than Tatum.

A15 must be a Die Hard Cheatriots Fan...

peace...

peace...

I'm not taking the word of a guy who tried to apologize as part of his book tour. If he speaks the truth (which is unlikely) he could have easily gone to see Stingley a little while later after things settled down.

Sorry but I've done some regrettable things in my life but nothing close to paralyzing a guy then not saying I'm sorry, then trying to profit off of it. Not even close so your comparison fails.

peace...

Mal, must still be butthurt over the 2002 AFC Championship game.

peace...

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what does he win Jack?

peace...

There's no asterisk next to my teams Super Bowls...

peace...

I'm not taking the word of a guy who tried to apologize as part of his book tour. If he speaks the truth (which is unlikely) he could have easily gone to see Stingley a little while later after things settled down.

Sorry but I've done some regrettable things in my life but nothing close to paralyzing a guy then not saying I'm sorry, then trying to profit off of it. Not even close so your comparison fails.

"he could have easily gone to see Stingley a little while later after things settled down. "

He could?

Niether I, or you have ever tried to apologise for paralyzing a guy. I'm not sure how liable you become afterward, but I'm not willing to dismiss it as "easy." In fact, I'd expect it would be very difficult.

However, there is another point: Why not just make a public statement of regret? Tatum didn't need to actually, in person apologise. He could have simply called a press conference to say the accident was the unfortunate result of the rules of the game which he would work to help change. Madden seemed very concerned about Stingley, and visited him often after the accident: Why could he not interceed? Why could he not advise Tatum to have the press conference?

These are all simple questions that seem to have been ignored: Why?

I'm going to guess: Legal Implications: An Apology would be an admission of guilt, which would then be interpreted in a civil lawsuit as being financially responsible for Stingley, as well as possible criminally prosecuteable.

And, frankly, its much easier for me to believe Lawyers are Scumbags than anyone on the planet, including Tatum.

There's no asterisk next to my teams Super Bowls...

peace...
nor is there for my team
stop being such an asshole at least give it some effort

There Certainly is...

Largest Fine ever and Loss of Draft Picks for Cheating... :clap2:

peace...

After that game the Patriots shredded the league, completed a perfect regular season, broke countless offensive records, and were within a CH of completing what would have been the greatest season in NFL history ... without "cheating."

I welcome you to produce evidence of them "cheating" when Vinatieri stepped on your nuts and twisted that cold, snowy day. Or when he stepped on St. Louis' nuts ... or Carolina's ... or the day they stomped Philly. Until you can do that all you have is sour grapes, a terrible team, and silly Road Warrior and Demolition costumes. That and the dumbest owner in the NFL.

I wonder who the Patriots will take with your first round pick next year?

:lol:

Enjoy another terrible season.

nor is there for my team
stop being such an asshole at least give it some effort

There Certainly is...

peace...

After that game the Patriots shredded the league, completed a perfect regular season, broke countless offensive records, and were within a CH of completing what would have been the greatest season in NFL history ... without "cheating."

I welcome you to produce evidence of them "cheating" when Vinatieri stepped on your nuts and twisted that cold, snowy day. Or when he stepped on St. Louis' nuts ... or Carolina's ... or the day they stomped Philly. Until you can do that all you have is sour grapes, a terrible team, and silly Road Warrior and Demolition costumes. That and the dumbest owner in the NFL.

You got Worked on that Cold Snowy Day... 4 Quarters on YOUR ground... You NEVER had the Lead... Until that Bullshit Tuck Call changed the Outcome...

Even Brady was Done as the Crowd began to Leave...

You Know you Lost that Game if NOT for that Call.

Another: * :lol:

peace...

There Certainly is...

peace...

You got Worked on that Cold Snowy Day... 4 Quarters on YOUR ground... You NEVER had the Lead... Until that Bullshit Tuck Call changed the Outcome...

peace...

Brady isn't an official nor did the official didn't make that kick. You lost fair and square.

• Thanks

peace...

Brady isn't an official nor did the official didn't make that kick. You lost fair and square.
he's clearly a sore loser

• Thanks

peace...

That game was over... Save that Bullshit call... You, Brady and that Crowd knew that game was over...

I don't Expect a Cheatriots Fan to Concede, believe me you!... :rofl:

And I still like ya in Spite of it... And I even like that Obsessively Whiney Bitch Co-Fan of yours, Divey... ;)

peace...

peace...

That game was over... Save that Bullshit call... You, Brady and that Crowd knew that game was over...

And I still like ya in Spite of it... And I even like that Obsessively Whiney Bitch Co-Fan of yours, Divey... ;)

peace...
wow, you are the one whining over a game that your team lost
and you call ME whiny?

oh my, the IRONY

peace...
and you call ME whiny?

oh my, the IRONY

:rofl:

You kill me DC!...

peace...

peace...
and you call ME whiny?

oh my, the IRONY

:rofl:

You kill me DC!...

peace...
naw, i woudlnt kill a raiders fan
much more fun to point out how bad they SUCK