Rahm Likely to Step Down as CoS This Week

QUENTIN

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2008
Texas
White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel expected to resign: reports

President Obama's hard-nosed chief of staff is expected to step down, possibly this week, to begin his pursuit of Chicago's mayoral office, according to reports citing people close to him.

"Rahm is nearing a decision on whether to leave the White House and explore a run for Mayor of Chicago — an announcement could come as early as Friday," an unnamed individual close to Emanuel told Politico's Glenn Thrush. "Because of family considerations, no final decision has been made."

Congress is expected to adjourn for recess on Friday.

"Ever since Richard M. Daley announced earlier this month that he'd step down as mayor next year after 22 years on the job, the question has been when -- and not if -- Emanuel would make his move," Salon news editor Steve Kornacki summarized. "The initial expectation was that Emanuel would stay at the White House through the midterm elections, the customary jumping off point for top aides looking to leave a White House. But the mayoral field is quickly taking shape in Chicago, and in the last few days, pressure had been growing on Emanuel to make his intentions clear. Emanuel apparently got the message."

As an Illinois congressman and chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, Emanuel engineered the party's takeover of Congress in 2006 and rose to a position in House leadership. Also a former aide to President Clinton, Emanuel was a key player in passing the North American Free Trade Agreement.

Continued at link...

Good riddance, he's been the Rovian architect of the worst we've seen from this Administration so far, though I don't know enough about his expected replacement Rouse to judge if it'll be a real improvement.

White House Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel expected to resign: reports

President Obama's hard-nosed chief of staff is expected to step down, possibly this week, to begin his pursuit of Chicago's mayoral office, according to reports citing people close to him.

"Rahm is nearing a decision on whether to leave the White House and explore a run for Mayor of Chicago — an announcement could come as early as Friday," an unnamed individual close to Emanuel told Politico's Glenn Thrush. "Because of family considerations, no final decision has been made."

Congress is expected to adjourn for recess on Friday.

"Ever since Richard M. Daley announced earlier this month that he'd step down as mayor next year after 22 years on the job, the question has been when -- and not if -- Emanuel would make his move," Salon news editor Steve Kornacki summarized. "The initial expectation was that Emanuel would stay at the White House through the midterm elections, the customary jumping off point for top aides looking to leave a White House. But the mayoral field is quickly taking shape in Chicago, and in the last few days, pressure had been growing on Emanuel to make his intentions clear. Emanuel apparently got the message."

As an Illinois congressman and chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, Emanuel engineered the party's takeover of Congress in 2006 and rose to a position in House leadership. Also a former aide to President Clinton, Emanuel was a key player in passing the North American Free Trade Agreement.

Continued at link...

Good riddance, he's been the Rovian architect of the worst we've seen from this Administration so far, though I don't know enough about his expected replacement Rouse to judge if it'll be a real improvement.

I take it you don't live in Chicago, Quentin? Those poor people.

Chicago is city of absolute corruption the likes of which this nation has ever seen. It doesn't surprise me that Obama's filthy jew attack dog is looking to run the place.

No matter what you can say about Rahm, the man was good at his job.

He'll probably win in Chicago, too.

I think it's illegal to hold elected office in Chicago unless you're a Democrat. If Emanuel wants it, it's his for the taking. What a fucking sorrowful state of affairs.

And just how in fuck's name was Emanuel "good at his job"?

Last edited:

I think it's illegal to hold elected office in Chicago unless you're a Democrat. If Emmanuel wants it, it's his for the taking. What a fucking sorrowful state of affairs.

And just how in fuck's name was Emmanuel "good at his job"?

So you neg rep me without presenting a counter argument? What kind of stupid, insolent whore do you think you are?

I think it's illegal to hold elected office in Chicago unless you're a Democrat. If Emmanuel wants it, it's his for the taking. What a fucking sorrowful state of affairs.

So you neg rep me without presenting a counter argument? What kind of stupid, insolent whore do you think you are?

I'm the kind of "whore" who negs anti-semites. Deal with it, you crybaby.

Go cry to the SPLC you insignificant retard. What, I'm not allowed to describe a piece of human garbage like Rahm as "filthy" or god forbid A JEW! Well guess what genius, he's both. Newsflash you stupid bitch that is the way I write, descriptively, with these little things we call "adejectives". ARE WE CLEAR NOW or should I re-write this in crayon so someone as stupid as you can read it? Are we clear now whore?

Go cry to the SPLC you insignificant retard. What, I'm not allowed to describe a piece of human garbage like Rahm as "filthy" or god forbid A JEW! Well guess what genius, he's both. Newsflash you stupid bitch that is the way I write, descriptively, with these little things we call "adejectives". ARE WE CLEAR NOW or should I re-write this in crayon so someone as stupid as you can read it? Are we clear now whore?

Emmanuel's religion is not relevant, you fuckwhit. Here's your new avatar.

knGIBSON_narrowweb__300x381,0.jpg

Just put the bitch on ignore.

He's a pragmatist, who got things done.

He's good at his job just like Karl Rove was.

What did he get done? And BTW, where was he when Obama was shoving his foot into his mouth?

What did he get done? And BTW, where was he when Obama was shoving his foot into his mouth?

Whether or not you like the bills, he got Healthcare passed, the stimulus, and countless other bills.

Emmanuel's religion is not relevant, you fuckwhit. Here's your new avatar.

knGIBSON_narrowweb__300x381,0.jpg

What is really interesting about your dishonesty is that although you seem to lean right, as evidenced by your naive posts, yet you waste no time employing the lefts favorite tactic, race, to shut down a conversation via deflection. You know good and well that I meant nothing racist about Rahm, rather I was simply being descriptive. Worse yet, you lack the fortitude to swallow your shallow pride and admit that you could be wrong. That is a sad narrative on your character or lack of it in this case.

Whether or not you like the bills, he got Healthcare passed, the stimulus, and countless other bills.

I actually like the health care law. I'm less certain of the stimulus and the endless bail outs, but I'm not sure what other choice we had. Why do you credit Emanuel for their passing, theDoctorisIn?

Forum List

Back