Rahm Emanuel Wants to Be Chicago's Mayor

um....Rahm has some balls to suggest he wants to run against the 40+yrs Daley regime...not something most people would venture to say out loud....

...perhaps he is just hoping that Daley will bow out from running in 2011 because Daley's wife may be too sick from cancer by then...?

also....does this mean Rahm thinks Obama is pretty much history....?

interesting questions. I think he just really wants that position and figures he might be able to use Obama to muscle his way into the race...

did either of you even bother watching the interview?

he was asked if he had further political aspirations. a comment was made about how he had wanted to be Speaker of the House. He said that was 'over' BUT that if Daley ever decided not to run for mayor again (and expressed his hope that Daley WOULD continue to be mayor) that he would love the job.

This is where the conspiracy garbage gets its start... that type of total and complete misstatement.

He would make the perfect Mayor of Chicago: Partisan, divisive, hard-hitting and dishonest.

and yet richard m. daley is considered one of the best, if not THE best, mayor in the country. isn't that funny?

Good tie-in to my post. Daley used the Chicago Democratic Machine in the worst possible way. Emanuel would be no different. Chicagoans enjoy being led by corrupt politicians.

He would make the perfect Mayor of Chicago: Partisan, divisive, hard-hitting and dishonest.

and yet richard m. daley is considered one of the best, if not THE best, mayor in the country. isn't that funny?

Good tie-in to my post. Daley used the Chicago Democratic Machine in the worst possible way. Emanuel would be no different. Chicagoans enjoy being led by corrupt politicians.

i don't know about that. but i think people enjoy being led by people who are effective in benefitting their communities.

is there a correlation? i don't know. as i said, i know very little about Daley...

um....Rahm has some balls to suggest he wants to run against the 40+yrs Daley regime...not something most people would venture to say out loud....

...perhaps he is just hoping that Daley will bow out from running in 2011 because Daley's wife may be too sick from cancer by then...?

I think it means that it is part of a political scheme by our..lol...leaders, to spread the power, to further socialize America. They need links at the top of populations with large minority percentages and unions.

"I have often thought that if a rational Fascist dictatorship were to exist, then it would choose the American system." -Noam Chomsky

Last edited:

he didn't say he would ever run against Daley, whining eagle. he said he would work FOR Daley but that if Daley ever decided not to run again, he'd love to be mayor.

Try again.. next time with comprehension.

Why would he even suggest he wants "to be mayor" unless he knows something.....?

Of course he's not going to diss Mayor Daley up front....who would....?

If it's not Daley's sick wife....there is something else in the mix....Rahm is just as dirty as Daley...

btw....nobody answered question about whether Rahm thinks Obama is toast....or why else would he be looking for a new job....?

Considering his Dad led one of the most corrupt city administrations ever that's not saying much....although in his defense his Dad was never implicated in any of the scandals....only everyone who surrounded him was corrupt.:lol:

I think it means that it is part of a political scheme by our..lol...leaders, to spread the power, to further socialize America. They need links at the top of populations with large minority percentages and unions.

"I have often thought that if a rational Fascist dictatorship were to exist, then it would choose the American system." -Noam Chomsky

But doesn't Daley...an Obama supporter.... already fit the bill....?

But doesn't Daley...an Obama supporter.... already fit the bill....?

He may "fit the bill" but may not be the best for it, for reasons unknown to us at this time.

Anybody see another reason Rahm wants this position?? Scary. I have a feeling his "aspirations" will happen sooner than later. :eusa_hand:

Tuesday, 20 Apr 2010 09:42 AM

White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel wants to be the mayor of Chicago, according to a report in the Chicago Tribune.

"I hope Mayor [Richard] Daley seeks re-election. I will work and support him if he seeks re-election," Emanuel told Charlie Rose on his PBS talk show. "But if Mayor Daley doesn't, one day I would like to run for mayor of the city of Chicago. That's always been an aspiration of mine, even when I was in the House of Representatives."

Emanuel said he missed the regular contact he had with constituents as a representative of Illinois' 5th District. "You learned a lot," he told Rose.

Newsmax - Rahm Emanuel Wants to Be Chicago's Mayor

Best thing that could ever happen to that windy city.

I'd go down there and campaign for him.

His reasons? He stated them you idiot. Why does everything have to be a conspiracy or wrapped in intrigue with you wingnuts and moonbats?

Considering his Dad led one of the most corrupt city administrations ever that's not saying much....although in his defense his Dad was never implicated in any of the scandals....only everyone who surrounded him was corrupt.:lol:

i think they call that being a survivor. ;)

His reasons? He stated them you idiot. Why does everything have to be a conspiracy or wrapped in intrigue with you wingnuts and moonbats?

because they're wingnuts and moonbats, of course.

D'oh!

Help me oh lord? There really is a price to be paid for hanging out here.

:eek:

Anybody see another reason Rahm wants this position?? Scary. I have a feeling his "aspirations" will happen sooner than later. :eusa_hand:

Tuesday, 20 Apr 2010 09:42 AM

White House chief of staff Rahm Emanuel wants to be the mayor of Chicago, according to a report in the Chicago Tribune.

"I hope Mayor [Richard] Daley seeks re-election. I will work and support him if he seeks re-election," Emanuel told Charlie Rose on his PBS talk show. "But if Mayor Daley doesn't, one day I would like to run for mayor of the city of Chicago. That's always been an aspiration of mine, even when I was in the House of Representatives."

Emanuel said he missed the regular contact he had with constituents as a representative of Illinois' 5th District. "You learned a lot," he told Rose.

Newsmax - Rahm Emanuel Wants to Be Chicago's Mayor

Because we are a portion of the 70% of Americans who no longer trust this government. [ I never did ]

And I am sorry a "friend" called me a disparaging name. I won't ever do that to you.

Forum List

Back