Rahm Emanuel Named Chief of Staff

so violent inherently means murderer??

give it up care.... you're simply wrong on this

You were trying to insinuate and pain a picture against someone who used the term thug, because you don't like it... so you try and fit the definition to suit your argument....

so violent inherently means murderer??

give it up care.... you're simply wrong on this

You were trying to insinuate and pain a picture against someone who used the term thug, because you don't like it... so you try and fit the definition to suit your argument....

How about it's a disgusting way to refer to him?

What has he done that's "thuggish"? Has he said his adversary was "unamerican"?

Funny... common language does not inherently mean a thug is a murderer... but nice try

: a brutal ruffian or assassin : gangster , tough

Thank you Diamond Dave for clearing that up :)

How long do you think it will be before the word "Thug" will be erased from the American Standard Dictionary? lol

(CNN) -- U.S. Rep. Rahm Emanuel will bring a "tough-minded" and "pragmatic" approach to the White House when he becomes President-elect Barack Obama's chief of staff, according to people who know the Chicago, Illinois, native.

Emanuel, a former top aide to President Clinton, has accepted the position in the new administration, Obama confirmed in a statement Thursday.

"I announce this appointment first because the chief of staff is central to the ability of a president and administration to accomplish an agenda," Obama said. "And no one I know is better at getting things done than Rahm Emanuel."

In the job, Emanuel would oversee the White House staff. The chief of staff is usually involved in all the major decisions that the president makes and is responsible for making sure the administration carries out the president's wishes. Watch Emanuel call himself "fortunate" »

The chief of staff also often is involved in negotiations with congressional leaders when major legislation is under consideration.

Emanuel expected to bring 'tough-minded' approach to White House - CNN.com[/QUOTE]

I like that Emanuel guy. He seems like a real tough son of a b*tch, and SOBs get shit done. He really knows his way around congress, and he really knows the nuts and bolts of the legislative process.

I like him, too. Signs that Obama isn't a far left kook are a good thing.

I agree. The people complaining just don't like that it signals Obama isn't going to be pushed around by Pelosi and Reed. He needed to assert himself early.

You'd think the whiners would be happy about that.

Ah well.

Thank you Diamond Dave for clearing that up :)

How long do you think it will be before the word "Thug" will be erased from the American Standard Dictionary? lol

Dictionary: thug (thŭg)
n.
A cutthroat or ruffian; a hoodlum.

also Thug One of a band of professional assassins formerly active in northern India who worshiped Kali and offered their victims to her.

-----------------------------------

Definitions
thug
noun
A criminal who treats others violently and roughly, especially for hire
One of a band of assassins formerly active in northern India who worshiped w:Kali, Kali and offered their victims to her
Translations:
Spanish: matón
Etymology: (Hind.) (term, thuggee) (or (term, tuggee), ààààà) < w:Marathi, Marathi (term, thag), (term, thak) "thief, swindler" < (Skr.) (term, sthaga) "cunning, fraudulent" < (term, sthagayati) or (term, sthagati) "to cover, conceal" < (PIE.) (s)teg- "cover". Thuggee was an Indian network of secret fraternities who were engaged in murdering and robbing travellers and known for strangling their victims, operating from the 17th century (possibly as early as 13th century) to the 19th century. During w:British_Raj, British Imperial rule of India, many Indian words passed into common English, and in 1810 thug referred to members of these Indian gangs. The sense was adopted more generally as "ruffian, cutthroat" by 1839.

-------------------------------------------------

stop with your BS gigi...no one is calling for the removal of the word thug...

Hitler===OK
thug===Evil

:lol:
hitler was not just someone who sent jews to their death, he was a dictaor with incredible power....

i have never called president bush hitler nor have i seen a talk show host on the public's airwaves, say such...give me a link to prove me wrong and i will eat my words.

hitler was not just someone who sent jews to their death, he was a dictaor with incredible power....

i have never called president bush hitler nor have i seen a talk show host on the public's airwaves, say such...give me a link to prove me wrong and i will eat my words.

Never mind--If you think being compared to hitler is not worse than being called a thug just go with it.
It's petty attempts like these to differentiate actions that magnify the idiocy of the two parties.
They call each other names like children and have the audacity to then try to claim the high ground.

Never mind--If you think being compared to hitler is not worse than being called a thug just go with it.
It's petty attempts like these to differentiate actions that magnify the idiocy of the two parties.
They call each other names like children and have the audacity to then try to claim the high ground.

I can't keep repping you dillo so you have to stop making so much sense :)

Frankly most of this thread is indicative of what's wrong with American politics .. Americans.

In a thread that's supposed to be about Emanuel, the next Chief of Staff, most here are stuck on the word "thug."

Frankly most of this thread is indicative of what's wrong with American politics .. Americans.

In a thread that's supposed to be about Emanuel, the next Chief of Staff, most here are stuck on the word "thug."

meanwhile I'm biting my nails here waiting for your research into that article lol. Don't bother reading that crap!

By the way, thank you for the info on Emanual. VERY telling.

meanwhile I'm biting my nails here waiting for your research into that article lol. Don't bother reading that crap!

By the way, thank you for the info on Emanual. VERY telling.

The article points out more disturbing signs that, as usual, are ignored by most Americans who think will be well now that Bush is soon to be gone.

I have a question that I hope is fair to ask and doesn't upset anyone for my asking.

I accept that it's fair to question if Obama surrounds himself with "too many" African-Americans. Too many could be 4 or 5 .. any more might raise the fears of "tribalism." I accept that as life in America.

However, is it also fair to ask why there is such a disportionate preponderence of jews in levers of control of American government and positioned for Obama's cabinet? Jews are about 3% of the American population.

Every siingle person in line for Treasury under Obama is Jewish.

Could the son of any terrorist, other than an Israeli terrorist, become Chief of Staff?

I recognize the censorship that exists in America when the subject is Israel and I recognize the sensitivity of the issue .. but closing our eyes doesn't make the questions go away.

I bear no ill whatsoever towards Jewish people .. and I would expect that if African-Americans were as disportionately present in government the very same questions would be raised.

Just got this email:

Rahm Emanuel
Israel's bagman
in the White House

The Israeli war party wins again

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8wD9rVwrAM]YouTube - Obama Picks Zionist For Chief of Staff[/ame]

Let's see...

* Rahm Emanuel was (still is?) a dual US-Israeli citizen.

* He fought in the Israeli army

* His father was a member of the Irgun, an Israeli group the British called "terrorist."

* Emanuel is considered AIPAC's "go to" guy in Congress.

Now he's Barack Obama's first White House pick, his Chief of Staff.

And the US news media has nothing to say about it.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8wD9rVwrAM]YouTube - Obama Picks Zionist For Chief of Staff[/ame]

Rahm Emanuel: <br> Israel's bagman<br> in the White House

The article points out more disturbing signs that, as usual, are ignored by most Americans who think will be well now that Bush is soon to be gone.

I have a question that I hope is fair to ask and doesn't upset anyone for my asking.

I accept that it's fair to question if Obama surrounds himself with "too many" African-Americans. Too many could be 4 or 5 .. any more might raise the fears of "tribalism." I accept that as life in America.

However, is it also fair to ask why there is such a disportionate preponderence of jews in levers of control of American government and positioned for Obama's cabinet? Jews are about 3% of the American population.

Every siingle person in line for Treasury under Obama is Jewish.

Could the son of any terrorist, other than an Israeli terrorist, become Chief of Staff?

I recognize the censorship that exists in America when the subject is Israel and I recognize the sensitivity of the issue .. but closing our eyes doesn't make the questions go away.

I bear no ill whatsoever towards Jewish people .. and I would expect that if African-Americans were as disportionately present in government the very same questions would be raised.

It's probably just another coincidence, BAC. Don't go all anti-jew on us now.

Just got this email:

Rahm Emanuel
Israel's bagman
in the White House

The Israeli war party wins again

YouTube - Obama Picks Zionist For Chief of Staff

Let's see...

* Rahm Emanuel was (still is?) a dual US-Israeli citizen.

* He fought in the Israeli army

* His father was a member of the Irgun, an Israeli group the British called "terrorist."

* Emanuel is considered AIPAC's "go to" guy in Congress.

Now he's Barack Obama's first White House pick, his Chief of Staff.

And the US news media has nothing to say about it.

YouTube - Obama Picks Zionist For Chief of Staff

Rahm Emanuel: <br> Israel's bagman<br> in the White House

Everybody's dancing to the beat, nobody is listening to the words.

What organization has been front and center throughout Bush's term, and implored him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, and implored Bill Clinton to invade Iraq?

The Project for a New American Century.

Who are they?

Everybody's dancing to the beat, nobody is listening to the words.

What organization has been front and center throughout Bush's term, and implored him to invade Iraq and Afghanistan, and implored Bill Clinton to invade Iraq?

The Project for a New American Century.

Who are they?

Well they used to be called neo cons but I bet that changes pretty damn quickly. :lol:

Forum List

Back