Rahm Emanuel Named Chief of Staff

Pretty sure Joe meant Lugar, who did turn down a cabinet post, I believe.

no he was talking about Rahm. Lugar turned down a cabinet position based on RUMORS that one might be offered.

the funny thing is, today they were talking about what a poor pick Rahm was because he's a hardass apparently and doesn't take shit from Republicans.

I see where you're going. But the truth is, Emanuel is a middle of the road dem from a middle of the country state. He knows his way around the white house and Obama doesn't want

I suspect you'll see your "bipartisanship" on issues like the treasury, the fed and the CIA. He was elected to do a particular job and working across the aisle does not mean pursuing Bush's agenda. That was the whole point of voting the republicans out of power. I would also look to the stem cell research bill being put on the table fairly quickly. That was voted for by bi=partisan vote but was vetoed by Bush to appease the religious right.

Obama isn't Bush light. He will choose his battles, but I think he's proven he's pretty much his own person. If it makes you happy, though, I think you'll see him smack down Nancy Pelosi with some frequency. She's already proven herself weak... hence a strong chief of staff to strongarm her.

As for the innuendo from the blog... sorry. I don't like blogs left or right.

On one final note: Obama did not win by 5 or 10 electoral votes. He pummeled McCain in the EV's and the dems are waiting to find out if we have a 58, 59 or 60 seat Senate. And the people who voted for him really like him. They will give him leeway and want him to succeed. They'll hold his feet to the fire, but he also doesn't have to cowtow. So, I expect you'll see him a bit bolder than you'd expect. I don't think, FWIW, that that means reckless... it doesn't seem to be his personality.

Obama Pick for Chief of Staff Criticized as Partisan Voice - WSJ.com

President-elect Barack Obama's choice of Rep. Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff drew fire Thursday from Republicans, and a few Democrats, who noted that a candidate elected on a call for change had turned to a veteran partisan pugilist for his first appointment.

Seems a lot of folks don't think Rahm is "middle of the road"

I see where you're going. But the truth is, Emanuel is a middle of the road dem from a middle of the country state.

Middle of the road??? HAHAHAHA :lol::cuckoo:

He is an extreme partisan... he may be in the middle of the pack of the extremists... but that is about the only way you can call that asshole "middle of the road"... that's like calling bobo the clown, kirkybot, or paperboy "middle of the road" :lol:

He sounds like a badass that will probably be VERY effective at his job.

I agree. More likely though to be used to blunt the Democrats' calls for 'change' that will cause bigger problems, than against the really weak Republicans that can't demand anything.

Gonna be interesting.

that makes sense to me. Another Democrat who screeches hate. Another chicago thug.. perfect.

What bullshit. If you want hate listen to Rush or Malkin.

If you know anything about being in a leadership position, you would realize that you pick people to compliment your strengths and weaknesses. You normally get a chief of staff who will be the one to kick ass and take names when necessary. It has nothing to do with hate.

This is why Bush was such a failure. He didn't pick his people based on the skills they brought. He picked his buddies and those who weren't threatening to him.

A good leader picks people who are experts and when ever possible smarter than he or she is.

Thug, my ass.

There goes all hope that Obama will seek balance in the middle east.

Emanuel, the son of an Israeli terrorist, is a pro-Israel hardliner who didn't want Iraq's PM Maliki to be allowed to speak in the US because he objected to Israel's action in Lebanon.

"During the United States election campaign, racists and pro-Israel hardliners tried to make an issue out of President-elect Barack Obama's middle name, Hussein. Such people might take comfort in another middle name, that of Obama's pick for White House Chief of Staff: Rahm Israel Emanuel.

Emanuel is Obama's first high-level appointment and it's one likely to disappointment those who hoped the president-elect would break with the George W. Bush Administration's pro-Israel policies. White House Chief of Staff is often considered the most powerful office in the executive branch, next to the president. Obama has offered Emanuel the position according to Democratic party sources cited by media including Reuters and The New York Times. While Emanuel is expected to accept the post, that had not been confirmed by Wednesday evening the day after the election.

Rahm Emanuel was born in Chicago, Illinois in 1959, the son of Benjamin Emanuel, a pediatrician who helped smuggle weapons to the Irgun, the Zionist militia of former Israeli prime minister Menachem Begin, in the 1940s. The Irgun carried out numerous terrorist attacks on Palestinian."

http://electronicintifada.net/v2/article9939.shtml

Last edited:
There goes all hope that Obama will seek balance in the middle east.

Emanuel, the son of an Israeli terrorist, is a pro-Israel hardliner who didn't want Iraq's PM Maliki to be allowed to speak in the US because he objected to Israel's action in Lebanon.

"During the United States election campaign, racists and pro-Israel hardliners tried to make an issue out of President-elect Barack Obama's middle name, Hussein. Such people might take comfort in another middle name, that of Obama's pick for White House Chief of Staff: Rahm Israel Emanuel.

Emanuel is Obama's first high-level appointment and it's one likely to disappointment those who hoped the president-elect would break with the George W. Bush Administration's pro-Israel policies. White House Chief of Staff is often considered the most powerful office in the executive branch, next to the president. Obama has offered Emanuel the position according to Democratic party sources cited by media including Reuters and The New York Times. While Emanuel is expected to accept the post, that had not been confirmed by Wednesday evening the day after the election.

Rahm Emanuel was born in Chicago, Illinois in 1959, the son of Benjamin Emanuel, a pediatrician who helped smuggle weapons to the Irgun, the Zionist militia of former Israeli prime minister Menachem Begin, in the 1940s. The Irgun carried out numerous terrorist attacks on Palestinian."

ei: Obama picks pro-Israel hardliner for top post

BAC, I know the following is only an article from the dreaded Infowars...but no one else will really mention it in the media...just like no mainstream media will bring up what you just posted about Rahm Emanuel.

I'm already sick to death. The people have been scammed once again.
http://www.prisonplanet.com/obamas-treasury-candidates-old-guard-of-the-corporate-elite.html

Last edited:
that makes sense to me. Another Democrat who screeches hate. Another chicago thug.. perfect.

http://backyardconservative.blogspot.com/2007/05/legend-of-rahm.html:cuckoo:

A THUG is a murderer, is that what you are calling him Willow? One of those Chicago thugs that worked for the mob and did the dirty work of the mob leaders by killing off the enemies.

btw, nice that you picked up on the Rush Limbaugh mantra! WOW, that was pretty quick....

and you talk about liberals being brainwashed by others...? :confused:

Care

BAC, I know the following is only an article from the dreaded Infowars...but no one else will really mention it in the media...just like no mainstream media will bring up what you just posted about Rahm Emanuel.

I'm already sick to death. The people have been scammed once again.
Alex Jones' Prison Planet: The truth will set you free!

I must tell you that I am beginning to suspect something very sinister going on behind the scenes. Best that I not elaborate on it right now.

A THUG is a murderer, is that what you are calling him Willow? One of those Chicago thugs that worked for the mob and did the dirty work of the mob leaders by killing off the enemies.

btw, nice that you picked up on the Rush Limbaugh mantra! WOW, that was pretty quick....

Care

Funny... common language does not inherently mean a thug is a murderer... but nice try

: a brutal ruffian or assassin : gangster , tough

Care

OK --he's a dick. Is that better ?

OK --he's a dick. Is that better ?

yeah! DICK, is perfectly PC to say! Murderer or assassin or thug, is not....unless of course he becomes a thug and starts eliminating people one by one via killing them, then thugh would be perfectly fine. :)

it's Funny, Cuz On Morning Joe Today They Were Talking Like Rahm Had Turned Down The Job And Claiming It Was Obama's First Bumble? :lol: More Con Spin I Guess Cuz I Know Joe Is A Repub.

What Difference Does It Make To You Willow? He's Not Your President Anyway? You Live In Willowland....where You Have No President And No Country To Speak Of.

Lol

Forum List

Back