Rage Grips Pakistan Over NATO Attack...

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Pakistan blocks U.S. supplies, orders drone base closed after NATO raid.

KARACHI, Pakistan -- Pakistan on Saturday blocked supply routes for U.S.-led troops in Afghanistan and announced it would end the use of a Pakistani airbase by American forces, in retaliation for a NATO attack on a Pakistani border outpost that officials said killed at least 24 soldiers and injured another 13.

American forces were given 15 days to vacate the remote Shamsi airbase, which was secretly turned over to them after the 9/11 attacks. The decision to order the Americans out followed an emergency meeting of Pakistan's top civilian and military leadership late Saturday to decide how to respond to the deaths of the soldiers.

Shamsi was used for launching the war in Afghanistan in late 2001, then later served as the base for the U.S. drone program targeting militants. Set in desert in sparsely populated Baluchistan province in Pakistan's west region, the airbase became highly controversial within Pakistan for its association with drone strikes, which Pakistan officially condemns.

The decision to expel the Americans, made by the country's leadership meeting as the Defense Committee of the Cabinet,was an admission that Shamsi remains in American use.

Read more: Pakistan blocks U.S. supplies, orders drone base closed after NATO raid - World Wires - MiamiHerald.com

Imagine if Pakistan, Iran and Afighastan(yes the government of that nation said it would stand with Pakistan if it came to war) all joined together against the US. That would be enough to pull in China or Russia into this war? This isn't good at all!

We will give them a load of money, grease the correct palms, and this will blow over like the other times.

We cannot afford to continue fighting in that region. If we were to allow ourselves to get into another conflict the cost just in money would cause our economy to tank and the cost in lives and maimed Americans is just unfathomable. Let the Indians play counterweight to Pakistan like they have for many years. The sooner we get out of that area the better.

We have interests in the Persian Gulf so we have to maintain a presence there but in 'stan region?

I tend to think we will smooth this over by throwing some more cash & weapons at em. But i still think big problems are brewing over there. We may have over-stayed our welcome. I guess we'll see though.

We cannot afford to continue fighting in that region. If we were to allow ourselves to get into another conflict the cost just in money would cause our economy to tank and the cost in lives and maimed Americans is just unfathomable. Let the Indians play counterweight to Pakistan like they have for many years. The sooner we get out of that area the better.

We have interests in the Persian Gulf so we have to maintain a presence there but in 'stan region?

i'm going to agree with michelle about something. i hope the shock to my body afterwards doesn't make me swallow my tongue or have seizures...

but pakistan has nukes. (unfortunately). if those nukes go to the wrong people, that can affect us here. while i think we need to be largely out of afghanistan and iraq, we have to maintain a presence in the area.

Latest reports claims hostile fire originated from the Pakistan bases:

When are Arabs and muslimes not hostile?

Iran Iraq War, 1 million dead
Lebanese Civil War, 250,000 dead
Algerian Civl War: 300,000 dead
Bangladesh Civil War: 500,000 dead
Black Sept., Jordan's King Hussein murders, expells 80,000 Palestinians
Syrian army kills 20,000 Syrians at Hama
Iraq gases hundreds of thousands of Kurds
300 US Marines killed in Beirut
1400 year conflict between Sunnis and Shiites
Fratricide between Hamas and Fatah
Syria/Hizballah assassinate Lebanese PM Rafik Hariri

Alexis de Toqueville...
I studied the Koran a great deal. I came away from that study with the conviction there have been few religions in the world as deadly to men as that of Muhammad. So far as I can see, it is the principal cause of the decadence so visible today in the Muslim world and, though less absurd than the polytheism of old, its social and political tendencies are in my opinion to be feared, and I therefore regard it as a form of decadence rather than a form of progress in relation to paganism itself.

Pakistan is a dysfunctional state which should have never been created, it is sinking into religious paranoia (even though it was created as a nominally secular state) and any alliance with her is always going to be tenuous. The USA has to engage Pakistan but should never consider her a reliable ally.

The real strategic key is India, the United States and India share many of the same strategic concerns, both are pluralistic democracies and with India on the rise economically she will become more and more powerful in the region.

Pakistan is a dysfunctional state which should have never been created, it is sinking into religious paranoia (even though it was created as a nominally secular state) and any alliance with her is always going to be tenuous. The USA has to engage Pakistan but should never consider her a reliable ally.

The real strategic key is India, the United States and India share many of the same strategic concerns, both are pluralistic democracies and with India on the rise economically she will become more and more powerful in the region.

A dysfunctional muslime shithole is redundant.

We will give them a load of money, grease the correct palms, and this will blow over like the other times.

It would appear to me as if we already given them loads of money and grease the correct palms....

How about we stop giving them loads of money and stop greasing the palms......

and see how that like that.

Just bring the troops home. Problems solved. The Pakistanis & Afghans don't like us. They only like our cash & weapons. And we don't particularly like them either. They've gotten enough blood & treasure from us over there. End the War and come home. We have won.

New Topics

Forum List

Back