Rage-baiting

Flying Duck

Aug 8, 2004
It's soooo easy to play with Democrats. I went salmon fishing with a buddy of mine this morning. (Seattle area.) My minivan has a small W-04 sitcker on the rear window but this morning I added a car-window Amercican flag with a "John Kerry-Betraying America Since 1971" sign underneath it. (Got the idea fom another thread here - thanks!) Yes, my intent was to rile up some of the local Dems and see if I could incite some road rage. Worked like a charm.

Sure enough, a guy in an old beat-up BMW 320i just couldn't help himself. He first pulled up alongside us and showed us the Kerry button on the lapel of his coat. My friend pointed at him and laughed. Then he stayed alongside us for a few blocks honking and yelling something. We couldn't tell what he was yelling and couldn't put down the window for fear of losing the flag.

The guy just could not control himself so he then pulled in front of me and slammed on his brakes - I guess politics takes precedence over highway safety.

A few blocks later, at a stoplight, he just HAD to leap out of his car to come back and confront us. I rolled down my window and started laughing at him as he came back to talk to us. I was just waiting to see what he had to say and couldn't beleive what he did say: "What about Iran-Contra?" HUH? I really had no response as his statement seeemd so damn stupid to me that it stunned me. I told him it was a free country and he could vote for a traitor if he wanted to.

After that, the light turned green and he got back into his car. I didn't follow him or worry about it, just had a good laugh with my fishing pal at how stupid it was of him to start blathering about Iran-Contra.

We're going pheasant hunting tomorrow morning and will be out looking to aggravate some more Kerry supporters to the point of irrationallity. Should be fun. (I secretly hope someone tries to threaten us with a weapon as we'll have two 12 gauge shotguns with us. - Unloaded, of course.)

That is hilarious Duck! Some folks are just like that, especially the neo-liberal brownshirts.

I wish (well in a way) I could do that here in TX; I display pro-Bush and anti-Kerry stickers on my car too. The only feedback I receive is positive…God bless Texas.

Flying Duck said:
He first pulled up alongside us and showed us the Kerry button on the lapel of his coat. My friend pointed at him and laughed.
LMAO!!! That's so mean, but so funny, LOL!!

Sounds like an inexpensive form of entertainment. Lol

Flying Duck said:
We're going pheasant hunting tomorrow morning and will be out looking to aggravate some more Kerry supporters to the point of irrationallity. Should be fun. (I secretly hope someone tries to threaten us with a weapon as we'll have two 12 gauge shotguns with us. - Unloaded, of course.)

It's kind of sad, but this made me think of that highway scene in The Beverly Hillbillies. The movie with Jim Varney, not the tv show.

"That's real nice. This here's what I carry."

Hey Duck where are you in WA? I'm right in Seattle and the most I do is fly just the flag on my dash inside my car. That is even pretty unusual as most everybody here quit flying the flag pretty quickly after 9-11. But at least I can get away with it without having my car vandalized or getting road raged. You can bet that pretty much anyone who flies the flag is Republican. There are Kerry signs everywhere but not a Bush sign in sight.

ps: you should be OK if you're out hunting. not a typical liberal pastime. :salute:

I live near the Arboretum. drove to Olympia and back today, then down Broadway, only got one guy in a Beemer to flip me off. Also got the thumbs up from a guy with Bush & Nrthcut stickers. All of the Kerry supporters must have been at church this monring. :wine:

Flying Duck said:
I live near the Arboretum. drove to Olympia and back today, then down Broadway, only got one guy in a Beemer to flip me off. Also got the thumbs up from a guy with Bush & Nrthcut stickers. All of the Kerry supporters must have been at church this monring. :wine:

Montlake? Nice area. I'm in W. Sea. Maybe I'll get a sign and cruise down Alki with it. :tank:

Flying Duck said:

You are sooooo young, be careful you dont shoot your foot off.

sagegirl said:
You are sooooo young, be careful you dont shoot your foot off.

I'm not young, sorry. Got a nice rooster in this morning. Ever had fresh pheasant? Mmmmmm.... pheasant. (Sounding like Homer)

I work in a heavily union company that of course votes Democrat.

I am a volunteer Firefighter for my local fire dept. When I saw the first Firefighters for Kerry bumper sticker I had to get a firefightersforbush.com bumper sticker as soon as I could.

Since then, while I was working, my truck has been keyed and some guy tried to remove the bumpersticker with a razor blade (it is stuck on this inside of the window he succeeded only in scratching off some dirt on the outside of my window). I came out once to three angry men pointing at my sticker and they actually attempted to threaten me before I got in my truck, I just climbed right in and then backed out as if they didn't exist, they can move pretty fast when they are motivated.

I don't believe I have had more brown-shirts attempt to attack me for any election previous to this one.

I now park my truck where I can see it so I can confront any more idiots that may want to be confronted, only one more day for this one.

Forum List

Back