Rage Against The Machine

Why would anyone care what a hack of a guitarist thinks about politics? What kind of moron puts stock in the political beliefs of an artist? Hint: He's not gonna share his money with you, and he probably uses every loophole available to him to reduce his tax burden. He doesn't care about you parasites, you are just some douchebag that will spend your last ten bucks to download his latest songs onto the iPod your mother bought you. No one cares about you, or for you.

A great Democratic President did.

john-kennedy-amherst.jpg

"The artist, however faithful to his personal vision of reality, becomes the last champion of the individual mind and sensibility against an intrusive society and an officious state. The great artist is thus a solitary figure. He has, as Frost said, a lover's quarrel with the world. In pursuing his perceptions of reality, he must often sail against the currents of his time. This is not a popular role. If Robert Frost was much honored in his lifetime, it was because a good many preferred to ignore his darker truths. Yet in retrospect, we see how the artist's fidelity has strengthened the fibre of our national life.

If sometimes our great artist have been the most critical of our society, it is because their sensitivity and their concern for justice, which must motivate any true artist, makes him aware that our Nation falls short of its highest potential. I see little of more importance to the future of our country and our civilization than full recognition of the place of the artist.

If art is to nourish the roots of our culture, society must set the artist free to follow his vision wherever it takes him. We must never forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth. And as Mr. MacLeish once remarked of poets, there is nothing worse for our trade than to be in style. In free society art is not a weapon and it does not belong to the spheres of polemic and ideology. Artists are not engineers of the soul. It may be different elsewhere. But democratic society--in it, the highest duty of the writer, the composer, the artist is to remain true to himself and to let the chips fall where they may. In serving his vision of the truth, the artist best serves his nation. And the nation which disdains the mission of art invites the fate of Robert Frost's hired man, the fate of having "nothing to look backward to with pride, and nothing to look forward to with hope."

Remarks at Amherst College
President John F. Kennedy
Amherst, Massachusetts
October 26, 1963

I'm glad he got his mouth filled with sand. We could use more of that.

Do they come any lower on the human scale than you? You are a PERFECT representative of conservatism.

A great Democratic President did.

john-kennedy-amherst.jpg

"The artist, however faithful to his personal vision of reality, becomes the last champion of the individual mind and sensibility against an intrusive society and an officious state. The great artist is thus a solitary figure. He has, as Frost said, a lover's quarrel with the world. In pursuing his perceptions of reality, he must often sail against the currents of his time. This is not a popular role. If Robert Frost was much honored in his lifetime, it was because a good many preferred to ignore his darker truths. Yet in retrospect, we see how the artist's fidelity has strengthened the fibre of our national life.

If sometimes our great artist have been the most critical of our society, it is because their sensitivity and their concern for justice, which must motivate any true artist, makes him aware that our Nation falls short of its highest potential. I see little of more importance to the future of our country and our civilization than full recognition of the place of the artist.

If art is to nourish the roots of our culture, society must set the artist free to follow his vision wherever it takes him. We must never forget that art is not a form of propaganda; it is a form of truth. And as Mr. MacLeish once remarked of poets, there is nothing worse for our trade than to be in style. In free society art is not a weapon and it does not belong to the spheres of polemic and ideology. Artists are not engineers of the soul. It may be different elsewhere. But democratic society--in it, the highest duty of the writer, the composer, the artist is to remain true to himself and to let the chips fall where they may. In serving his vision of the truth, the artist best serves his nation. And the nation which disdains the mission of art invites the fate of Robert Frost's hired man, the fate of having "nothing to look backward to with pride, and nothing to look forward to with hope."

Remarks at Amherst College
President John F. Kennedy
Amherst, Massachusetts
October 26, 1963

Do they come any lower on the human scale than you? You are a PERFECT representative of conservatism.

And you are a perfect representation of the homo, perpetually victimized, greedy, worthless, loser liberal. A true OWS parasite. So the answe to your question is yes. Absolutely. Many on the human scale rank way lower than me. For instance, you, and all the other OWS losers. Congratulations on beating me in the race to the bottom.

Last edited:
In the pantheon of idiotic threads this one deserves a special place.

Someone likes a band's sound but not their lyrics and that pisses a band member off because he doesn't agree with that person's political ideology. Two things come to mind...ho and hum.

And the beautiful irony is the band puke can't do a damn thing about anyone who wants to listen to their music, or at least part of it in Ryan's case.

Ah, the desperate left. Best free entertainment on the planet.

Someone likes a band's sound but not their lyrics and that pisses a band member off because he doesn't agree with that person's political ideology. Two things come to mind...ho and hum.

And the beautiful irony is the band puke can't do a damn thing about anyone who wants to listen to their music, or at least part of it in Ryan's case.

You know if the band just quit performing or recording any new music or perform that would show Ryan a thing or two.

And you are a perfect representation of the homo, perpetually victimized, greedy, worthless, loser liberal. A true OWS parasite. So the answe to your question is yes. Absolutely. Many on the human scale rank way lower than me. For instance, you, and all the other OWS losers. Congratulations on beating me in the race to the bottom.

Here is your problem...I am heterosexual, 6 figure successful in the marketplace and a liberal.

Liberals don't think like you or talk like you. We are human, not barbarians. Do you believe God would approve of you celebrating the viscous murder of a husband and a father?

JFK2.png
life_jfk_caroline.jpg

john_f_kennedy01_800.jpg
stanley-tretick-john-jr-playing-under-john-f-kennedy-s-oval-office-desk-1963.jpg

QuestionItNow%20JFK%20&%20JFK%20Jr-717182.jpg
President-John-F.-Kennedy-with-trick-or-treaters-rs.jpg

apg_jfk_funeral_090715_ssv.jpg
Life-JFK-cover-pix-290x2905.jpg

The MOST ironic part of this whole story is the fact the Morello (along with the Bass player and drummer) left RATM (to form Audioslave with Chris Cornell) SPECIFICALLY because they didn't care for Zack's politics/lyrics and grew tired of always being put on the spot about it. But after a few years, the dollar signs grew bright enough to overshadow their political differences. :lol:

Here is your problem...I am heterosexual, 6 figure successful in the marketplace and a liberal.

Liberals don't think like you or talk like you. We are human, not barbarians. Do you believe God would approve of you celebrating the viscous murder of a husband and a father?

JFK2.png
life_jfk_caroline.jpg

john_f_kennedy01_800.jpg
stanley-tretick-john-jr-playing-under-john-f-kennedy-s-oval-office-desk-1963.jpg

Cry me a river, pussybitch. Do I need to call you a wwwwhhhhaaaaaambulance? Everyone of you OWS parasites on this board claims to be a six figure succes. Yet you whine and moan for every one else's money. Yet you hate success. Blah blah blah. You fuckups disgust me. And maybe you are not an actual homo. But I can guarantee that, as a liberal, you are either an extremely feminine man, or an extremely masculine female. The line to homo is very narrowly drawn around you assholes.

Why the fuck do you think I would give two shits what God may or may not think about the fact that jfk rotting in the earth bothers me not? You useless tickterds have nothing but scorn for people of faith. The word of god is dead to you, unless it serves your political purposes. As for me, I am not religious in the slightest. So fuck off with your assumptions about me. And fuck off with your self righteousness. And fuck off for the blurring of gender lines that is endemic to you parasites. And fuck off for worshipping a family as corrupt as the Kennedy's. The fact that Ted, the liberal lion, is currently dissolving is, to my mind a good thing. I only wish it had happened earlier. Now go find a cop car to shit on.

Last edited:
The MOST ironic part of this whole story is the fact the Morello (along with the Bass player and drummer) left RATM (to form Audioslave with Chris Cornell) SPECIFICALLY because they didn't care for Zack's politics/lyrics and grew tired of always being put on the spot about it. But after a few years, the dollar signs grew bright enough to overshadow their political differences. :lol:

Which explains why De la Rocha and Morello continue to attend protests together. Why the group rejected several lucrative offers for years for comeback tours, and only started performing together again at a free show in Denver, and for the stated purpose of protesting how the Bush administration had dragged the country to the right.

Which explains why De la Rocha and Morello continue to attend protests together. Why the group rejected several lucrative offers for years for comeback tours, and only started performing together again at a free show in Denver, and for the stated purpose of protesting how the Bush administration had dragged the country to the right.

Like I said. They are the spokeswomen for all of you OWS parasites. And they got rich off you morons. They parasitized millions off the parasites. Respect.

Yes, it does. They make more money together than they do apart. It's not brain surgery.

Yes, it does. They make more money together than they do apart. It's not brain surgery.

Yes, free shows explains how they came back together for money. :eusa_hand:

Yes, free shows explains how they came back together for money. :eusa_hand:

yeah, because promotions are always bad for business. :rofl:

You know if the band just quit performing or recording any new music or perform that would show Ryan a thing or two.
We should be so lucky.

Rage Against the Machine wants Mumia Abu Jamal to be a free man, so who gives a fuck what those faggots think....

Tom Morello is the perfect hypocrite- a 1%er who lives in a mansion and is worth $60 million railing against the 1%.....it's priceless!!

JFK2.png
life_jfk_caroline.jpg

john_f_kennedy01_800.jpg

Cry me a river, pussybitch. Do I need to call you a wwwwhhhhaaaaaambulance? Everyone of you OWS parasites on this board claims to be a six figure succes. Yet you whine and moan for every one else's money. Yet you hate success. Blah blah blah. You fuckups disgust me. And maybe you are not an actual homo. But I can guarantee that, as a liberal, you are either an extremely feminine man, or an extremely masculine female. The line to homo is very narrowly drawn around you assholes.

Why the fuck do you think I would give two shits what God may or may not think about the fact that jfk rotting in the earth bothers me not? You useless tickterds have nothing but scorn for people of faith. The word of god is dead to you, unless it serves your political purposes. As for me, I am not religious in the slightest. So fuck off with your assumptions about me. And fuck off with your self righteousness. And fuck off for the blurring of gender lines that is endemic to you parasites. And fuck off for worshipping a family as corrupt as the Kennedy's. The fact that Ted, the liberal lion, is currently dissolving is, to my mind a good thing. I only wish it had happened earlier. Now go find a cop car to shit on.

I see you as a perfect example of conservative upbringing, and the kind of animals it creates.

Forum List

Back