RADICAL RIGHT The Very Real Threat Of Extremism

Oct 18, 2008
Bowling Green Ohio
Yesterday's tragic shooting at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum in Washington, DC, by an "88-year-old white supremacist," is the latest in a string of right-wing extremist attacks. The number of hate groups such as the "Ku Klux Klan, neo-Nazis, racist skinheads and Black separatists" operating in the United States is at an all-time high, according to the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC). Moreover, gun purchases since President Obama's election surged. However, when the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) declassified a report "detailing potential increases in right-wing extremism" in April, right-wing commentators and Republican politicians decried the report as a politically motivated attack on all conservatives. They claimed that "the Obama administration is targeting conservatives and others simply because they disagree with administration policies and proposals." Ignoring that the report -- like a similar one describing the threat of left-wing extremists -- was commissioned by the Bush administration, conservatives called for the resignation of DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano. Media Matters Action Fund's Matt Finkelstein asks, "Will Republicans admit that their partisan 'outrage' was misplaced?"

A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE: The declassified DHS report warned, "Rightwing extremism in the United States can be broadly divided into those groups, movements, and adherents that are primarily hate-oriented (based on hatred of particular religious, racial or ethnic groups), and those that are mainly antigovernment, rejecting federal authority in favor of state or local authority, or rejecting government authority entirely." The report further warned, "The economic downturn and the election of the first African American president present unique drivers for rightwing radicalization and recruitment." This description reflected recent extremist violence, including the July 2008 shooting spree in a Knoxville church "because of its liberal teachings," a thwarted attempt to assassinate Obama in October by two neo-Nazi skinheads, and "a racially motivated rape and murder spree in Brockton, MA" by a 22-year-old white supremacist the "day after Barack Obama was inaugurated." Since the report was issued last April, the trail of death has continued. "We have seen not only the murder of an abortion physician by a member of the radical right, but the murders of five law enforcement officers -- three police officers in Pittsburgh, two sheriff's deputies in Florida by radical right-wing extremists," SPLC's Mark Potok told CNN. "It's really been quite an extraordinary period." The Pittsburgh shooter "feared the Obama administration was poised to ban guns," and the Florida killer was "severely disturbed that Barack Obama had been elected President." In an incident earlier this month, a "lone wolf" American Muslim extremist "shot and killed Army Pvt. William Long" outside a Little Rock, AR, mall in anger over the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.

CONSERVATIVES VS. EXTREMISTS: Conservative politicians led the attack on the DHS report. Both House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-OH) and Sen. James Inhofe (R-OK) called it "offensive." Others went further: Gun advocate Sen. John Ensign (R-NV) claimed "the report has no intelligence value and only serves to blur our constitutional protections, such as the Second Amendment," and Rep. Michelle Bachmann (R-MN) argued that "it looks like the extremists are those running the DHS." "What is the Department of Homeland Security calling us now?" Rep. Joe Barton (R-TX) asked at an April 15 tea party protest. "Extremists? Well, give me a button." "Now if you disagree with that liberal path that President Obama's taken the country down," Fox News' Sean Hannity claimed, "you may soon catch the attention of the Department of Homeland Security." Texas Rep. John Carter (R-TX), after demanding Napolitano's firing on the House floor, told Politico, "Singling out political opponents for working against the ruling party is precisely the tactic of every tyrannical government from Red China to Venezuela." As Mother Jones's James Ridgeway observed, "Conservatives haven't been branded dangerous extremists by DHS or the Obama administration; they've branded themselves."
http://zed.techprogress.org:8080/mysite/pr/2009/06/pr20090611/index.html

Bunch of bullshit.

Amongst the people that crackpot hated are, Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, and Fakes News...For being "Zionist tools".

Is there no end to you leftist hacks-in-the-box??

You easily dispatched this attempted thread into the trash bin Dude - well done.

This shooter was a crack pot to be sure - but he was just as much a left-wing anti-Jewish nutjob as a right wing radical.

And what of the American Muslim who shot and killed a U.S. Serviceman? I am still appalled at the near lack of reporting of this equally troubling story.

In the same week our President was extolling the virtues of America's large Muslim population - this American Muslim is declaring no Muslims can be tolerant of America. He maintains that what he did is not killing - because it was "justified". He also maintains that what he did was an act of war against America - and again called on other American Muslims to do the same.

So we have an example of an American Muslim shooting two U.S. servicemen on American soil, killing one of them - and declaring it an open act of war that all other American Muslims should follow - and the national media is near silent.

The selective outrage by the media in these recent shooting tragedies is appalling.

American Muslim says the shooting of soldiers in Arkansas was "justified" // Current

6a00d8341c60bf53ef01156fcb51a8970c-500wi

23-year old William Long - killed by American Muslim extremist.

Bunch of bullshit.

Amongst the people that crackpot hated are, Bill O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, and Fakes News...For being "Zionist tools".

Is there no end to you leftist hacks-in-the-box??

You easily dispatched this attempted thread into the trash bin Dude - well done.

This shooter was a crack pot to be sure - but he was just as much a left-wing anti-Jewish nutjob as a right wing radical.

And what of the American Muslim who shot and killed a U.S. Serviceman? I am still appalled at the near lack of reporting of this equally troubling story.

In the same week our President was extolling the virtues of America's large Muslim population - this American Muslim is declaring no Muslims can be tolerant of America. He maintains that what he did is not killing - because it was "justified". He also maintains that what he did was an act of war against America - and again called on other American Muslims to do the same.

So we have an example of an American Muslim shooting two U.S. servicemen on American soil, killing one of them - and declaring it an open act of war that all other American Muslims should follow - and the national media is near silent.

The selective outrage by the media in these recent shooting tragedies is appalling.

American Muslim says the shooting of soldiers in Arkansas was "justified" // Current

6a00d8341c60bf53ef01156fcb51a8970c-500wi

23-year old William Long - killed by American Muslim extremist.

It IS APPALLING and it is nothing new... What you are looking at, what we are watching is the end result of decades of cultural subversion by the ideological left...

We have an open thread where Manifold exclaims her understanding of why "moderate Muslims do not speak out' as a result of a Pakistani "Moderate Muslim Cleric" who took the public position that Terrorism is simply wrong... the premise being that the moderate muslims can't speak out because they'll be killed by the extremists...

Yet, where the newest, yet long anticipated thread of Home grown Muslims, people who were converted by the so-called 'moderates' here in America... there seems to be little interests in recognizing the unavoidable conclusion that Islam is, in and of itself, on the whole a MUCH MORE RADICAL WHOLE then we've been otherwise lead to believe...

The simple fact is that IF the MAJORITY of Islam TRULY believed that KILLING the innocent is wrong... there would NOT be hundreds of THOUSANDS of Muslims WHO ARE ACTIVELY, OVERTLY, SEEKING OUT AND MURDERING THE INNOCENT, around the world.

Now you might say 'where do you get 'hundreds of thousands'... this guy was one guy...

Well, I get it from the following reasoning...

Let's just look at the US Military as an example... For every ONE US TROOP which is outfitted and sent into combat there is an exponential number of people who must support that single individual... not only the obvious logistical support, which extends from those who clothe, feed and house them, there are those who train them, equip them with ordinance and armaments... transport them and supply them with information and orders to organize each one... going all the way back to the MASSIVE NUMBERS in the HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS who fund ALL OF THE ABOVE... and support their deployment into battle against thier declared enemy.

Now you might say that there are MANY in America who do not support that troop, who do not fund them and who openly, or not so openly reject the need for them...

Which is clearly true... but, surely we can agree that those who do NOT support that troop and the hundreds of thousands of their Fellow Troops.. are in the STARK MINORITY.

That IF THE MAJORITY OF US CITIZENS did NOT SUPPORT THEM... then can't we agree that they would NOT EXIST AS US MARINES, SOLDIERS, AIRMEN AND SAILORS?

So reason is served that the notion that a MAJORITY OF ISLAM DOES NOT SUPPORT TERRORISM IS FALSE... and obviously so... as if such was the case... there would not be hundreds of thousands of Muslims directly supporting tends of thousands of Muslims Fighting non-Muslims around the world; in defense of their right to NOT BE MUSLIMS.

This is how it begins, the collectivists in charge are setting the stage to justify the oppression of those that don't willingly want to get with their utopian program. First shot across the bow is to attempt to build a connection between those with conservative or libertarian philosphies and extremist nutjobs like white supremist groups and armed militias, they already tried to actively implement such notions in the state of Missouri.

Of course the faithful left wing robots happily spread the message, since they don't really care about the suppression of ideas unless it's their ideas that are the ones being suppressed. :cool:

Speaking just for myself I am getting pretty tired of the left's right-wing extremist cudgle. There are plenty of extremist fools around the world. But when it comes to anarchy and public violence it is pretty hard to find in actual history many instances which did not have a leftist origin. And that includes the misrepresentation of what Fascism really is.

Speaking just for myself I am getting pretty tired of the left's right-wing extremist cudgle. There are plenty of extremist fools around the world. But when it comes to anarchy and public violence it is pretty hard to find in actual history many instances which did not have a leftist origin. And that includes the misrepresentation of what Fascism really is.

Now, don't be coy. Spit it out.

What is Fascism? And who misrepresents it?

And what is actual history?

Do you know weasel words?

That would be 'cudgel'. If one is going to use an obscure word, it is a good idea to get the speling right. See, you knew I spelled 'spelling' wrong.

The left wing loon a ticks are becoming more and more pathetic and pathological with each passing minute.. I really feel sorry for them..

speaking of violence and extremeism who partook of the LA riots? The riots in Detroit,, Watts.. Chichargo,, remember the convention of 68?? :eusa_whistle:

As I posted in another thread yesterday and in all sincerety the word "liberal" has about as much meaning to todays Democratic party as the ABA does to the NBA. The very definition of a liberal is to wish a lack of "controls" so who then are the real conservatives? The facts are "extremists" are going to be found in all walks of life. Anyone who would judge an entire group of people based on the actions of someone who happens to act out in a irrational manner are themselves irrational.

That is HOW the left works. Create a class and then demonize it till it is safe to do worse things to it.

Well put :clap2: , many of those on the left act like doing it doesn't matter as if those being demonized somehow deserve it, observe for example Janeanne Garafolos comments about those that participated in the tax day tea parties across the country......

don't get tired yet, it's just begun,, It's the Marxist way.. It's called the politics of hate.. class warfare, race warfare,, and economic warfare.. This reminds me of the Salem Witch Trials.. I never thought I'd live to see it happen in the US of KKKA but here we are!

This is how it begins, the collectivists in charge are setting the stage to justify the oppression of those that don't willingly want to get with their utopian program. First shot across the bow is to attempt to build a connection between those with conservative or libertarian philosphies and extremist nutjobs like white supremist groups and armed militias, they already tried to actively implement such notions in the state of Missouri.

Of course the faithful left wing robots happily spread the message, since they don't really care about the suppression of ideas unless it's their ideas that are the ones being suppressed. :cool:

Same is true of the rightwings ... not difference here.

As I posted in another thread yesterday and in all sincerety the word "liberal" has about as much meaning to todays Democratic party as the ABA does to the NBA. The very definition of a liberal is to wish a lack of "controls" so who then are the real conservatives? The facts are "extremists" are going to be found in all walks of life. Anyone who would judge an entire group of people based on the actions of someone who happens to act out in a irrational manner are themselves irrational.

words matter,, word associations matter.. reading what liberals write today, the things they tolerate, the tactics they use for attack? I associate Liberal with hate and with radical, and with fear mongering!

Same is true of the rightwings ... not difference here.

Uh NO... The same is NOT TRUE of the right... and as such there is a VAST DISTINCTION.

And again I point out we have for our examples the BOARD members from here that are left of center AND are Democrats all rushing to DEFEND Letterman. We know from this selection that, as far as I can tell, only Ravi chose not to find some way to defend the actions and the words of Letterman and almost universally the excuse is cause it just doesn't matter or cause palin is fair game.

Now ask those SAME leftoids if attacking Obama's children is fair game?

Forum List

Back