Radical Islam Will Not Go Away Unless Crushed

I think the reason we don't see more aspiring to the political theater, their too damn smart. But, I also think, it may be time, pass time, for more to start stepping forward.

I hate to tell you this, but the folks you are talking about have ALREADY stepped forward! You know how politics are these days and after all the sacrifices military folks make already because of their service, now you want them to "step forward" and expose themselves and their families to the kind of crap that the MSM and entrenched politicos will foist on them????

I'd absolutely LOVE it. I'm sure we'd make the weenie-ass libs cry though. That of course included in the career bio as a highlight!!!:rock:

You guys are making me laugh!

I can hear it now:

"Sir, we have a problem!"

"What's problem is that, Sergeant Major?"

"Well, sir, it has been brought to our attention that some folks don't have a job because they aren't qualified or they just dont want to work or there aren't enough positions in the private sector"

"OK, lets put the ones that want to work doing the things anyone can do. This country could use a little sprucing up. While they are at it, make sure they get 2 hours a day of training. The ones that dont want to work can frikkin starve. As for not enough positions, you get a hold of all those CEOs and tell em if they dont pull some of those jobs back from overseas they will be in a world of shit...give em 90 days to comply. You handle it Sergeant Major, and let me know if you have any problems."

"Yes sir"

CSM to clerk: "Get all them first shirts in here now! I want this thing going before 0900 hours"

Oh Mah Gawd but you are right.

Can you picture a buncha ticked off First Sergeants who are coffee deprived being told to arrange corporate working parties???

"Company Gunny Up!! Fix this trash so the SgtMaj will leave me alone and I can do 1stSgt shit. Thanks Guns."

I'm not sure who the equivilent at the .gov would be, but the Platoon Sergeants are going to be pissed because it's about 0845 now.

:thup:

Happy Birthday Devildogs! Happy Veterans Day as well.

I hate to tell you this, but the folks you are talking about have ALREADY stepped forward! You know how politics are these days and after all the sacrifices military folks make already because of their service, now you want them to "step forward" and expose themselves and their families to the kind of crap that the MSM and entrenched politicos will foist on them????

To answer your question-YES.

What it comes down to is this. We have to be willing to step forward, put the best people in the jobs that need to be done, or stop the belly aching.

Hell, my father was still a young man when he retired from the Air Force. He had a second career in car sales.

I'd rather see qualified career military running for positions of responsibility in our government, than what I'm seeing now.

Just my honest feelings.

To answer your question-YES.

What it comes down to is this. We have to be willing to step forward, put the best people in the jobs that need to be done, or stop the belly aching.

Hell, my father was still a young man when he retired from the Air Force. He had a second career in car sales.

I'd rather see qualified career military running for positions of responsibility in our government, than what I'm seeing now.

Just my honest feelings.

Believe me, I understand what you are saying and dont necessarily disagree with your view, but I sure think military folks need to think long and hard before they take that route. I know I would have an awful hard time watching some talking head verbally attacking my wife or kids...passing judgement, etc...without becoming somewhat "aggressive" toward them!

and none realize the possible impact of the elections and fallout more than those serving now:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,3-2446536,00.html#cid=OTC-RSS&attr=World

Troops fear Rumsfeld's exit will end their Iraq mission
From Martin Fletcher in Baghdad

Half of America and the upper echelons of the US military may be cheering Donald Rumsfeld’s resignation from the post of Defence Secretary, but there was no rejoicing yesterday among those most directly affected by his decisions: the frontline soldiers in Iraq.

Troops expressed little pleasure at the departure of the man responsible for their protracted deployment to a hostile country where 2,839 of their comrades have died.

Indeed, some members of the 101st Airborne Division and other troops approached by The Times as they prepared to fly home from Baghdad airport yesterday expressed concern that Robert Gates, Mr Rumsfeld’s successor, and the Democrat-controlled Congress, might seek to wind down their mission before it was finished.

Mr Rumsfeld “made decisions, he stuck with them and he did what he thought was right, whether people agreed with it, liked it, or not”, Staff Sergeant Frank Notaro said. He insisted that Iraq was better off now than before the war.

Staff Sergeant Michael Howard said: “It’s a blow to the military. He was a good Secretary of Defence. He kept us focused. He kept the leaders focused. It’s going to be hard to fill his shoes.”

But one US army colonel, who did not want to be named, said that such positive views were uncommon in the higher ranks of the US military. “We are the ones closer to the problem. We are the ones who have the broader picture,” he said.

The colonel criticised Mr Rumsfeld for sending too few troops to Iraq, and for refusing to listen to the advice of his generals. He noted that General Eric Shinseki, the former US Army Chief of Staff, was dismissed for demanding more troops, while General John Abizaid, the commander of Central Command, was the sole general to have differed publicly with Mr Rumsfeld and survived.

Certainly the rank-and-file are trained not to question the decisions of their superiors. “We don’t question why we’re sent here. Our job is to do what we’re told and we do it with pride,” said Sergeant Jason Gomez, a military policeman. When pressed, some also admitted that to question Mr Rumsfeld’s execution of the war would raise doubts about the value of their mission and of their comrades’ deaths.

“I try to keep positive. That’s what keeps you going,” said Sergeant Daniel Allen, of the 101st, who has lost three friends during his two tours in Iraq. “When you lose someone close to you, it’s hard to say whether [their deaths] were worthwhile or not. I like to believe so, especially for their families’ sake.”

and the Euro slant, but heck it is a UK paperBut these men are also some of the last believers — people who are still convinced that Iraq can survive its present violence to become a stable democracy. “We’re losing a lot of people over here, but they’re not dying in vain,” Sergeant Gomez insisted.

Sergeant Ron Carter, of the 101st, said: “It’s a bad situation. It's a tough situation. But I think [Rumsfeld] probably did the right thing for the right reasons. Maybe it could have been a bit better planned, but helping people who were suffering — that’s a good reason.”

Major Mike Jason, who has been advising an Iraqi battalion for the past year, said that it remained to be seen how Mr Rumsfeld would be judged. “I hope history will judge that we did something good and stuck with it and saw it through, because it’s already been pretty damn costly.”

Forum List

Back