Radical Islam, Not NEWSWEAK, Is The Real Problem

NATO AIR

Jun 25, 2004
USS Abraham Lincoln
okay, anger and resentment at the liberal media pushed aside, now I must admit McCarthy is 100% right about this. The real problem isn't the libs who hate the military and the administration spreading rumors, reporting them as fact...its the radical islamists who rioted, the same ones who are slaughtering innocents in iraq, afghanistan, israel, indonesia, india and sudan, among many others.

http://www.nationalreview.com/mccarthy/mccarthy200505171307.asp

May 17, 2005, 1:07 p.m.
The Smug Delusion of Base Expectations
Count me out of the Newsweek feeding frenzy.
We're in the grips of a pathology. And it's not media bias.

Here's the late-breaking news (you'll want to be sitting down for this): The mainstream media is ideologically liberal and instinctually hostile to George W. Bush, U.S. foreign policy, and the American military.

No kidding. Really. If you want to throw the off-switch for the cognitive part of your brain — as many conservatives seem only to happy to do this week — then, by all means, that is the story you want to run with in this latest media scandal.

Newsweek, in reckless pursuit of a scoop that might score the daily double of embarrassing the Bush administration while heaping more disrepute on the Left's favorite punching bag, Guantanamo Bay, falsely reported a martial toilet-flushing of the Koran. Oops, I'm sorry, I mean the Holy Koran — after all, I don't want to be left out of the new, vast right-wing "we can be just as nauseatingly pious as they can" conspiracy.

The false report, according to the New York Times, instigated "the most virulent, widespread anti-American protests" in the Muslim world since...well, since the last virulent, widespread anti-American protests in the Muslim world — particularly in Afghanistan and Pakistan, where at least 17 people have been killed.

That's right. The reason for the carnage is said — again and again, by media critics and government officials — to be a false report of Koran desecration. The prime culprit here is irresponsible journalism.

Is that what we really think?

Here's an actual newsflash — and one, yet again, that should be news to no one: The reason for the carnage here was, and is, militant Islam. Nothing more.

Newsweek merely gave the crazies their excuse du jour. But they didn't need a report of Koran desecration to fly jumbo jets into skyscrapers, to blow up embassies, or to behead hostages taken for the great sin of being Americans or Jews. They didn't need a report of Koran desecration to take to the streets and blame the United States while enthusiastically taking innocent lives. This is what they do.
CONTINUE ARTICLE @ LINK

All very true, but I don't think any sane person has forgotten who we're dealing with here. All the more reason Newsweek should have been more circumspect, and maybe - just maybe - put their "blame America first" reflex on hold for two seconds. That's too much to ask of this press, it seems. So, no - I, personally, will not stay one bit of my anger toward Newsweek. We're dealing with crazy fuckers who hate us - I KNEW this! We must also remember that we're dealing with a mainstream press which is the handmaiden of an ideology that hates America just as much. Rip Newsweek a new ass!

musicman said:
All very true, but I don't think any sane person has forgotten who we're dealing with here. All the more reason Newsweek should have been more circumspect, and maybe - just maybe - put their "blame America first" reflex on hold for two seconds. That's too much to ask of this press, it seems. So, no - I, personally, will not stay one bit of my anger toward Newsweek. We're dealing with crazy fuckers who hate us - I KNEW this! We must also remember that we're dealing with a mainstream press which is the handmaiden of an ideology that hates America just as much. Rip Newsweek a new ass!

It seems for the past weeks we have not been as simpatico as in the past, this topic brings us back together! I agree, Islam is violent, Newsweek banked on that hoping that the administration deserved the backlash they are now awash in.

Kathianne said:
It seems for the past weeks we have not been as simpatico as in the past, this topic brings us back together! I agree, Islam is violent, Newsweek banked on that hoping that the administration deserved the backlash they are now awash in.

The MSM/DNC - the Great Uniter! :beer:

musicman said:

Bravo! well said!

Does anyone remember when the Palestinians took over the Church of the Holy Nativity in Bethlahem? They desecrated the church, the statues, the books and not a peep of outrage was uttered by any in the press anywhere.

Similar findings were reported in the Washington Times following the PA takeover of the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem in April 2002.

Residents of this biblical city are expressing relief at the exile to Cyprus last week of 13 hard-core Palestinian militants, who they said had imposed a two-year reign of terror that included rape, extortion and executions. The 13 sent to Cyprus, as well as 26 others sent to the Gaza Strip, had taken shelter in the Church of the Nativity, triggering a 39-day siege that ended Friday. Palestinians who live near the church described the group as a criminal gang that preyed especially on Palestinian Christians, demanding "protection money" from the main businesses, which make and sell religious artifacts. "Finally the Christians can breathe freely," said Helen, 50, a Christian mother of four. "We are so delighted that these criminals who have intimidated us for such a long time are now going away."26

Adding insult to injury, during this reign of terror, the PA's Al Aqsa Martyrs Brigades (declared a terrorist organization by the United States) sent a letter to the Bethlehem municipality "requesting" aid in the form of monetary contributions for military operations. Cynically adding a symbol of Christianity to their extortion demand, the letter was signed "Fatah/Al Aqsa Martyrs (and Church of) Nativity Brigades" [emphasis added].27

PA Disrespect for Christian Holy Sites

The PA has shown contempt for certain Christian holy sites, and there has been significant desecration as well. For example, without prior consent of the church, Yasser Arafat decided to turn the Greek Orthodox monastery near the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem into his domicile during his visits to the city.28 On July 5, 1997, the PLO seized Abraham's Oak Russian Holy Trinity Monastery in Hebron, violently evicting monks and nuns.29

http://www.orthodoxytoday.org/articles4/RaabPalestinians.shtml

NATO AIR said:
okay, anger and resentment at the liberal media pushed aside, now I must admit McCarthy is 100% right about this. The real problem isn't the libs who hate the military and the administration spreading rumors, reporting them as fact...its the radical islamists who rioted, the same ones who are slaughtering innocents in iraq, afghanistan, israel, indonesia, india and sudan, among many others.

This is exactly what i was thinking. These damn people were looking for any reason to start a riot. "the president used his left hand when he acknowledged muslims. that means he is against islam. We must kill something." Fuck those assholes.

Attempted MSM assassination of American foreign policy is nothing new. Although, the degree of ineptitude displayed by the "journalists" at Newsweek is startling. A review of history reveals that the American press does not often let truth, independent corroboration, fairness, civility, or safety, stand in the way of political agendas and avarice. Newsweek should be hammered by decreased readership, subscriptions, and ad pages. Will that happen? Probably not. NATO is correct to point out that the recent killings were perpetrated by radical Islamic fundamentalists, not Newsweek. Without the sociopaths produced by radical Islamic fundamentalism, there would have been no killings.

onedomino said:
Attempted MSM assassination of American foreign policy is nothing new. Although, the degree of ineptitude displayed by the "journalists" at Newsweek is startling. A review of history reveals that the American press does not often let truth, independent corroboration, fairness, civility, or safety, stand in the way of political agendas and avarice. Newsweek should be hammered by decreased readership, subscriptions, and ad pages. Will that happen? Probably not. NATO is correct to point out that the recent killings were perpetrated by radical Islamic fundamentalists, not Newsweek. Without the sociopaths produced by radical Islamic fundamentalism, there would have been no killings.

Newsweek article is equivalent to The Jane"Hanoi"Fonda fiasco back in VN circa 1972...When you support the enemy you by all means cause casualties...
I say bury them deep! :blowup:

Forum List

Back