Radical Islam, Fundie Christianity & Free Speech

Should the free speech rights of religious groups ever be curtailed?

• Total voters
From what I gather, the group is protesting the slaughter of innocents in Afghanistan. Why is this controversial?

Who is assumed to have killed those innocent people, Kalam?

Now do you see the controversy? It is like a panty robber selling the Queen of Englands undergarments to her pervy offsprings!!!! What nerve!!

From what I gather, the group is protesting the slaughter of innocents in Afghanistan. Why is this controversial?

Who is assumed to have killed those innocent people, Kalam?

Now do you see the controversy? It is like a panty robber selling the Queen of Englands undergarments to her pervy offsprings!!!! What nerve!!
Thread Killer!

:rofl:

I think that is the wrong question.
Which question?

Look at this radical group. It is all about hate, and killing. When the free speech promotes violence, it needs to be identified and possibly stopped.
Are you sure? Or will you qualify it later, to fit not going after some while going after others?

I said nothing about mainstream....there you are qualifying...

as a nonbeliever, I can so.

While you might be able to find some radical people who call themselves Christians who would fall into that violent mentality as well. They also would need to be halted.
What percentage of Muslims support 911 type attacks, and what percentage of Christians support killing abortion providers? And does the percentage make one more acceptable or less threatening?

We do not necessarily all define radical in the same way, so that would have to be addressed as well.
Radical is supporting and/or advocating violence and death to others in the name of faith and beliefs and a higher good. Pretty simple.

I will answer your questions as you asked them.

The question that was asked was about free speech. In the case of the radical violent groups, I think the question should be is it time to arrest them for threats.

Sometimes qualifying is absolutely necessary. When one paints a broad brush as you do about Christianity, one needs to make some distinctions.

You said nothing about mainstream Christianity, and that is why I did. You include all in the term Christianity. I don't even do that in my discussions about Muslims. I address radicals and mainstream. However, I do that our of kindness because of my lack of knowledge about mainstream Muslims.

I would say that a greater percentage of Muslims, by far, support the events of 9-11 than the percentage of Christians who support killing abortion providers. If you think otherwise, you need to cxome up with some real facts. You can pull up a thousand videos of Muslims who support (-11. You cannot even find one video of Christians who support killing abortions providers. If you find any I will be surprised but in relation to the other, you may fins .001% I thinkyour next question is answred by this answer.

Thanks, with your definition for "radical" you are safe among 99% of Christians. Cool.

So you think a group like Islam4UK, if it were in the US, should be free to do what they do? Phelps? Phelps, does not advocate anyone go out and harm others as some anti-abortion groups do. anti-abortion groups that back what teh extremists do are no better.

who has the right to say that a god has spoken to them and then speak of how we all need to harm or kill others in the name of god?

excuse me, but you said RIGHT to free speech.... calling for the death of someone IS NOT A RIGHT, calling fire in a theater when there isn't one is not a RIGHT to free speech.,,,
You are confused. The right to free speech is a right in and of itself. Limits on speech are matters that good people can disagree over.

It is the principle I am talking about. Please try and keep up.

the KKK has been allowed to march in this country, is that any worse? sure it is disgusting to the many opposed to them, but free speech covered by the Right.,,,none the less...
and there are people who think that right should not extend to this particular type of speech.

The ACLU backs the free speech right in almost all cases, out of principle. The ACLU does not back speech it only agrees with.

Some argue that speech that calls for killing is protected.

What about the kkk? Do you side with the ACLU?

I think that if I see that picture again after the last post here, I will click on the "thumbs down." It is a sick picture. Do you think and speak from that end of your body?

excuse me, but you said RIGHT to free speech.... calling for the death of someone IS NOT A RIGHT, calling fire in a theater when there isn't one is not a RIGHT to free speech.,,,
You are confused. The right to free speech is a right in and of itself. Limits on speech are matters that good people can disagree over.

It is the principle I am talking about. Please try and keep up.

the KKK has been allowed to march in this country, is that any worse? sure it is disgusting to the many opposed to them, but free speech covered by the Right.,,,none the less...
and there are people who think that right should not extend to this particular type of speech.

The ACLU backs the free speech right in almost all cases, out of principle. The ACLU does not back speech it only agrees with.

Some argue that speech that calls for killing is protected.

What about the kkk? Do you side with the ACLU?

I think that if I see that picture again after the last post here, I will click on the "thumbs down." It is a sick picture. Do you think and speak from that end of your body?

Pink Floydd..The Wall?

Sometimes qualifying is absolutely necessary. When one paints a broad brush as you do about Christianity, one needs to make some distinctions.

You said nothing about mainstream Christianity, and that is why I did. You include all in the term Christianity. I don't even do that in my discussions about Muslims. I address radicals and mainstream. However, I do that our of kindness because of my lack of knowledge about mainstream Muslims.

I would say that a greater percentage of Muslims, by far, support the events of 9-11 than the percentage of Christians who support killing abortion providers. If you think otherwise, you need to cxome up with some real facts. You can pull up a thousand videos of Muslims who support (-11. You cannot even find one video of Christians who support killing abortions providers. If you find any I will be surprised but in relation to the other, you may fins .001% I thinkyour next question is answred by this answer.

Thanks, with your definition for "radical" you are safe among 99% of Christia...
mainstream anti abortion protesters said (on video) that killing abortion providers is a public service.

funny, you ask about video. How old are you? lol

gawd, you need to get out more. anti abortion people have written papers and went on record ro media on this subject.

They are a minority, but if you were an abortion provider that wouldn't matter. What matters is these people can preach hate and violence aginst you

I voted yes.. But I think all hate speaches should be banned.. I don't think religion is a factor.. Although I do know that most religious wacko's are responsible for hate speaches..

I also agree that all churches should lose their tax exemption.. Just look at the gay marriage or abortion debate.. Religion is all over those issues and they shouldn't be..

Phelps just need to go to jail.. He is a crack pot!!

You know smart!! Here is the issue I have with ALL CHRISTIANS!! First let's start with why aren't speaking out about the christians that you call a minority? Why aren't you speaking about the christians call for the killing of abortion providers?? Did you know that other christians silence is approval? If you say nothing about them then you silently approve.. Which means that ALL CHRISTIANS want abortion providers dead..

I have yet to hear a massive voice of dissapproval from the religious right about Fred Phelps?? Where is it?? You need to clean your own house before you have anything to say to a liberal!! We condemn our criminals and take care of our own house!! When are you going to do the same??

Until that happens!! We as liberals are justified in saying ALL CHRISTIANS are for the death of abortion providers.. ALL CHRISTIANS listen to and agree or love to hear hate speaches!! ALL CHRISTIANS are racist and against civil rights!! ALL CHRISTIANS are hypocrits and want our nation to be a theocracy!!

If you are one of the very tiny few, and I mean minuscule few, so few you could barely fill a stadium few, that actually does come out and condemn fellow christians for their attitudes and words, then this post is not for you!!

I voted yes. As a non profit if they engage in politics from the pulpit they should lose their tax exempt status. Of course that is not curtailing free speech just not making the rest of us subsidize it.

and of course if they are talking trason and inciting rebellion, etc they should be treated as any other speaker.

You mistake Britain for the United States. There is no separation of Church and State. Stop inflicting your beliefs on those of another sovereign nation. The Brits are perfectly capable of deciding for themselves who does and does not get tax exempt status.

I live not far from the town of Wootton Basset.

My understanding is that the police have not yet received a request for the protest so it is, presently, not happening. However distasteful, I would support the marchers - and would be happy to attend any counter protest to show my displeasure at their actions.

You know smart!! Here is the issue I have with ALL CHRISTIANS!! First let's start with why aren't speaking out about the christians that you call a minority? Why aren't you speaking about the christians call for the killing of abortion providers?? Did you know that other christians silence is approval? If you say nothing about them then you silently approve.. Which means that ALL CHRISTIANS want abortion providers dead..

I have yet to hear a massive voice of dissapproval from the religious right about Fred Phelps?? Where is it?? You need to clean your own house before you have anything to say to a liberal!! We condemn our criminals and take care of our own house!! When are you going to do the same??

Until that happens!! We as liberals are justified in saying ALL CHRISTIANS are for the death of abortion providers.. ALL CHRISTIANS listen to and agree or love to hear hate speaches!! ALL CHRISTIANS are racist and against civil rights!! ALL CHRISTIANS are hypocrits and want our nation to be a theocracy!!

If you are one of the very tiny few, and I mean minuscule few, so few you could barely fill a stadium few, that actually does come out and condemn fellow christians for their attitudes and words, then this post is not for you!!

Speaking purely for myself and not for Christians generally, you are a completely stupid fucking idiot. That is all.

I voted yes.. But I think all hate speaches should be banned.. I don't think religion is a factor.. Although I do know that most religious wacko's are responsible for hate speaches..

I also agree that all churches should lose their tax exemption.. Just look at the gay marriage or abortion debate.. Religion is all over those issues and they shouldn't be..

I think you should be banned for your anti-Christian hate speech. Just sayin'.

It is not WHAT they are protesting that is controversial, it is WHERE they are considering protesting.... the town of Wootton Basset - near to RAF Lynham which is where the RAF bring the British war dead home. The hearses pass through the town center and each time it happens almost the whole town turns out to pay their respect. This is a quite little town and for this protest group to choose that town is a deliberate provocation.

It is not WHAT they are protesting that is controversial, it is WHERE they are considering protesting.... the town of Wootton Basset - near to RAF Lynham which is where the RAF bring the British war dead home. The hearses pass through the town center and each time it happens almost the whole town turns out to pay their respect. This is a quite little town and for this protest group to choose that town is a deliberate provocation.

this was already addressed. the group Islam4UK is a front for a group that celebrated 911

I think you should be banned for your anti-Christian hate speech. Just sayin'.

Anti christian hate speech???

Where???

Can you read??

Oh??? It is Ca. Girl?? My bad.. She is to good for reading and logic.. :rofl:

Speaking purely for myself and not for Christians generally, you are a completely stupid fucking idiot. That is all.

And the simple fact that you couldn't respond to a single point I made or failed to see my points is evidence of exactly what I am saying..

Thanks for spreading the hate there Ca. Girl!! You do your religion proud!!

That is all :rofl:

maybe you need to be clearer? who are fundie christians? fred phelps?

otherwise, what is there to compare?

Fundi Christians?

All of Fox news (Jesus forgives men who cheat on their wives)

Many of Fox viewers.

Most of the Republican members of the senate

Most of the Republican members of the House

Many of the Republican governors

Many of the Tea Baggers

The followers of Rick Warren, Rod Parsley, John Hagee and many, many others.

Did that help?

maybe you need to be clearer? who are fundie christians? fred phelps?

otherwise, what is there to compare?

Fundi Christians?

All of Fox news (Jesus forgives men who cheat on their wives)

Many of Fox viewers.

Most of the Republican members of the senate

Most of the Republican members of the House

Many of the Republican governors

Many of the Tea Baggers

The followers of Rick Warren, Rod Parsley, John Hagee and many, many others.

Did that help?
good start...
:clap2:

if the IsLAMES want to march, let 'em.

Then.........call all chapters of Hells Angels and every other HD club over there in England, and line the roads with the bikers as guards for the processions, just like they do here.

If the MusLAMES get within 100 ft of the procession? Let the bikers enforce the property line.

Works pretty well here against Phelps.

Forum List

Back