Racist Woman Sings Black Power Anthem Instead of National Anthem

What was hilarious to me was the guy standing beside her with his hand on his heart the whole time she was singing never realizing she wasn't singing the Star Spangled Banner.

He must have been thinking about the NFL strike or something.

Sunni Man, you do understand that the one group of people America hates more than blacks is Muslims, right?

Depends on which side of the political spectrum they are on.

Typically the more to the right a person is. The more negative they are towards Muslims.

And people who gyrate towards the left are more favorable to Muslims.

Although the one exception to this would be the Jews.

They are overwhelmingly to the left but generally dislike Muslims

Sunni Man, you do understand that the one group of people America hates more than blacks is Muslims, right? :cuckoo:

Yep; and the one thing more under attack in America right now than the Islamic faith is anything Traditional or America-centric. The flag, the national anthem, our history, our culture, our soldiers, etc.... They've been under attack for quite a while now, mostly by people who enjoy the Freedom to speak ill of the people, ideals, and objects that helped create this nation in the first place or represent it today.

Yeah. Damn those uppity bitches who escaped the pink ghetto. They've destroyed ahmerka.

The "pink ghetto". That's a new one on me. I'll have to remember to tell my sister-in-law the next time I see her that she lives in a "pink ghetto" because she accepts a Traditional woman's role. Guess you learn something new every day.

Sunni Man, you do understand that the one group of people America hates more than blacks is Muslims, right? :cuckoo:

Yep; and the one thing more under attack in America right now than the Islamic faith is anything Traditional or America-centric. The flag, the national anthem, our history, our culture, our soldiers, etc.... They've been under attack for quite a while now, mostly by people who enjoy the Freedom to speak ill of the people, ideals, and objects that helped create this nation in the first place or represent it today.

Yeah. Damn those uppity bitches who escaped the pink ghetto. They've destroyed ahmerka.

The "pink ghetto". That's a new one on me. I'll have to remember to tell my sister-in-law the next time I see her that she lives in a "pink ghetto" because she accepts a Traditional woman's role. Guess you learn something new every day.
You make her sound stupid.

Your sister in law has a choice. The pink ghetto existed when women did NOT have a choice, and were involuntarily relegated to a subservient role. Which, to be honest, is what you'd like to see in the future. So, you should probably familiarize yourself with the term and use it in the future.

From Wiki -

On January 20, 2009, the Rev. Joseph Lowery (former president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference) used a near-verbatim recitation of the song's third stanza to begin his benediction at the inauguration ceremony for President Barack Obama.

In 2010, Timothy Askew, an associate professor of English at Clark Atlanta University (a historically black college) published a book critiquing the song's designation as a "national anthem" as racially divisive.

Your sister in law has a choice. The pink ghetto existed when women did NOT have a choice, and were involuntarily relegated to a subservient role. Which, to be honest, is what you'd like to see in the future. So, you should probably familiarize yourself with the term and use it in the future.

I had to look the term up this afternoon. It actually means something a little different (at least according to Wikipedia - I shudder at taking info from that source) than what I had expected. Apparently it's more referring to the lower-wage, more limited jobs that women have generally been restrained to. I had expected it to be a reference to stay-at-home wives and mothers more than anything else.

My sister-in-law has never held a paying job in the 29 years of her life. She's a stay-at-home mother of three and a housewife. She went to one semester of college and decided it wasn't for her. She was a volunteer for a cross-border social program in Texas for a couple summers but that wasn't a paying job. She met my brother in the winter-spring of 2007 and they were married that October.

My sister-in-law has never held a paying job in the 29 years of her life. She's a stay-at-home mother of three and a housewife. She went to one semester of college and decided it wasn't for her. She was a volunteer for a cross-border social program in Texas for a couple summers but that wasn't a paying job. She met my brother in the winter-spring of 2007 and they were married that October.
To be truthful, I can't imagine living like that. The plan, when my guy graduates with his Ph.D. in 3-4 years is to move to the northwest. That means quitting my job and financially relying on him, at least temporarily. I don't think I'll be able to stay at home and not work. I haven't relied on anyone financially since I was 22 (I'm 45). It freaks me the hell out, to be honest. I cannot imagine being totally financially dependent on someone else. The thought scares me a little (even though he is completely reliable).

By the way, I think it applies in the capacity in which you describe your ideal vision of the role of womankind...relegated to subservient positions and totally dependent on men for money, a place to live, food, and clothing. Yuk.

Last edited:
To be truthful, I can't imagine living like that. The plan, when my guy graduates with his Ph.D. in 3-4 years is to move to the northwest. That would mean that I'd be quitting my job and financially relying on him, at least temporarily. I realized today that I'd have to get a job of some kind, just to have my own spending money. I haven't relied on anyone financially since I was 22 (I'm 45). It freaks me the hell out, to be honest. I cannot imagine being completely financially vulnerable. The idea does not appeal.

Two totally different ends of the spectrum. Hell, Naomi barely even drives. I'm not even sure she's registered to vote. She's probably a little too far to the extreme end for my personal tastes, but I would guess she's a bit closer to what I'd be looking for than you are. Nothing personal.

Two totally different ends of the spectrum. Hell, Naomi barely even drives. I'm not even sure she's registered to vote. She's probably a little too far to the extreme end for my personal tastes, but I would guess she's a bit closer to what I'd be looking for than you are. Nothing personal.

You think I'm hurt by not being wanted by what I don't want (a guy who wants to control his woman financially, socially, and personally)? :) But, thanks for the consideration.

This reminded me of you...

tumblr_lnu241KnDF1qf6jloo1_500.jpg

The fairy godmother of your worst nightmares, amirite?

Last edited:
You think I'm hurt by not being wanted by what I don't want (a guy who wants to control his woman financially, socially, and personally)? :) But, thanks for the consideration.

Okay, something for you to realize. I don't care enough about any person other than myself to try to do that sort of crap. It was simply a statement of fact and nothing more.

This reminded me of you...

The fairy godmother of your worst nightmares, amirite?

Thankfully, that's not how Fairy Godmothers work, but that's a topic for another time and place. I learned a long time ago that the world is not going to conform to the way I think it should be. That doesn't me I have to conform to the way it is. It's really that simple.

From Wiki -

On January 20, 2009, the Rev. Joseph Lowery (former president of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference) used a near-verbatim recitation of the song's third stanza to begin his benediction at the inauguration ceremony for President Barack Obama.

In 2010, Timothy Askew, an associate professor of English at Clark Atlanta University (a historically black college) published a book critiquing the song's designation as a "national anthem" as racially divisive.

I just now realized that your avatar was not from Castaway.

Forum List

Back