Racist Rhetoric and the 2012 Election

The fact of the matter is that in the zero sum game that is politics - especially presidential politics -- race is an issue and the mistake that is made is that some are in denial over it or let themselves be co-opted out of it or by it. McCain did that -- he was so terrified that by going in to race he would be reviled - by those who already reviled him anyway - that he conceded the entire issue. It was a mistake.

We'd be better if people would just get over this. Politicians should stop pretending that its not an issue and go after it on both sides. Obamas support is heavily racially driven -- so what? And there is nothing wrong with pointing out in response the issues that this makes him a slave to.

I like to call this election The Great Race and Class War of 2012. The class part is well under way and the race part will be soon as well. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Obama has spent the better part of a month or more going out of his way to show that, as Obamas ad say, 'Mitt Romney is the problem" That is a flat out attack on Romney personally, not on his policies. Its an attempt to say that Romney , because of who he is and the life he has led is not like you; he doesnt share your basic values; dont trust him ; dont vote for him. Fair enough - good politics for Obama.

And nothing wrong for Romney to say the same about Obama. The reasons are different and some of them stem from his upbrioniging, his race, the Muslim influence on his values, Rev. Wright etc The mistake would be for Romney to shy away from all of this because of the deluge of criticism he will get from obamas enablers in the MSM for doing so.

Politics is a nasty game -- which is what makes it so fun. For all the talk of unifying it is one of the most inherently dividive endeavors i know (vote for me - not for him, no in between). As Harry Truman said -- If the heats too much, get out of the kitchen

I never said that. I think the context and her opinion are perfectly clear and to some degree, totally accurate. But, she did not shift the conversation to race. She was asked her opinion and shared it. Last I knew, there's nothing wrong with that.

Sounds like you agree with her rhetoric, but just want to defend it in a sneaky way......:clap2:

It doesn't need defending. It's her opinion. Personally, I think she's only partially right. Big deal.

But that still doesn't change the facts that SHE did not bring up the topic. She was asked and responded, and I have no problems with that.

And I have no problem voting white. People who talk like she does don't deserve to hold office.

First of all, There are brighter Black people then that woman. Alot of Blacks realize that Obama is not one of them. Obama might be dark in skin color, but he is not a Black person.....he is a Muslim. Obama admits being a Muslim, so what part of that can't people understand. Obama told the Muslim community he was one of them. Obama is not the first Black President, he is the first Muslim President and never should have been elected.

You're not helping your own cause here.

There's no law preventing a muslim, atheist, agnostic, christian or mormon person from becoming president. So, even if he is truly muslim, that alone doesn't disqualify him from being president of being able to be president. And yes, Obama is black. You can be black and muslim, black and christian, black and atheist, etc... they're not mutually exclusive.

LOL

Obama never ran so much as a lemonade stand in his life, and it shows.

My bad, you raise a good point. One of them was good at outsourcing jobs and dismantling companies for his personal profit, the other was not.

I see....non-analytical overgeneralizations...again.

Tell me. Did you really buy the GTS story ? I live in Kansas City....do you want to hear about it from someone who saw it pretty much firsthand ?

I'm good, thanks.

Sounds like you agree with her rhetoric, but just want to defend it in a sneaky way......:clap2:

It doesn't need defending. It's her opinion. Personally, I think she's only partially right. Big deal.

But that still doesn't change the facts that SHE did not bring up the topic. She was asked and responded, and I have no problems with that.

And I have no problem voting white. People who talk like she does don't deserve to hold office.

heh heh and this is why you get called racist.

If you don't like what SHE is saying, then don't vote for her. Cool. But to claim you're going to vote white because of one black woman's opinion ... well ...

To be sure....he was hired because he was black.

I'd like to hear how that isn't true.

But, he has shown himself an enemy to the principles of concervatives (who espoused those principles long before he came on the scene....look at how Mike Dukakis was treated).

We are going to fire him, not because he is black (consveratives don't seem to be all about impeaching Clarence Thomas....in fact, I think we are very fond of him.....but can't stand the white liberals), but because he is useless.

So you aren't voting for Romney I take it?

Ah, but your reasoning skills fail you again.

How did you draw that conclusion ?

You claim to dislike Obama because he doesn't have conservative principles. So if conservative principles are important to you, then the only logical conclusion that can be made is that you can not vote for Romney either.

My bad, you raise a good point. One of them was good at outsourcing jobs and dismantling companies for his personal profit, the other was not.

I see....non-analytical overgeneralizations...again.

Tell me. Did you really buy the GTS story ? I live in Kansas City....do you want to hear about it from someone who saw it pretty much firsthand ?

I'm good, thanks.

Thought so.

So, how do you stand behind the claims you made above ?

They are pretty much crap.

So you aren't voting for Romney I take it?

You claim to dislike Obama because he doesn't have conservative principles. So if conservative principles are important to you, then the only logical conclusion that can be made is that you can not vote for Romney either.

I see....

So, you are setting some kind of bar here....for others.

How left wing of you.

If you don't like what SHE is saying, then don't vote for her. Cool. But to claim you're going to vote white because of one black woman's opinion ... well ...

take a breath asshole. we conservatives have repeatedly been called racist by you pansy assed whining liberals since the day obummer took office. I will vote white. and I won't apologize to you for it and personally don't give a flying fuck if you pansy assed whining liberals call me racist. not stuff that in yer cabbage.

I see....

How left wing of you.

You set the bar with your desire for a president with conservative "principles". Facts tell us that neither of the primary candidates fit that bill.

So I guess this means you are voting for Romney, which tells us that either you're a hypocrite or a liar. I'll let you pick.

I'm good, thanks.

Thought so.

Easily. I honestly just don't give a shit about your opinion.

Easily, meaning you can back up the claims ?

Or is it that your handlers don't really care why you vote in the lemming booth...just that you vote.

Does that ring through your nose hurt when they pull on the rope ?

take a breath asshole. we conservatives have repeatedly been called racist by you pansy assed whining liberals since the day obummer took office. I will vote white. and I won't apologize to you for it and personally don't give a flying fuck if you pansy assed whining liberals call me racist. not stuff that in yer cabbage.

At least you're proud and not ashamed of being a racist.

I see....

How left wing of you.

You set the bar with your desire for a president with conservative "principles". Facts tell us that neither of the primary candidates fit that bill.

So I guess this means you are voting for Romney, which tells us that either you're a hypocrite or a liar. I'll let you pick.

You also lay out the choices (and limit them).

How left wing of you.

Thought so.

Easily. I honestly just don't give a shit about your opinion.

Easily, meaning you can back up the claims ?

Or is it that your handlers don't really care why you vote in the lemming booth...just that you vote.

Does that ring through your nose hurt when they pull on the rope ?

My handlers? I think my wife is the only one who can be considered my "handler".

Speaking of lemmings, why don't you tell me all about those staunch conservative polices Romney enacted while in office. I can use a good laugh.

Obama is half white. Does it mean he can only play half a race card? Democrats have been telling Americans that Black people are not capable of obtaining a photo I.D. The democrat plantation is open for business.

I see....

How left wing of you.

You also lay out the choices (and limit them).

How left wing of you.

If you're not planning to vote for Romney, then just say so. At least that will give some of your desire for "conservative principles" a hint of authenticity.

I can thank the whining assed liberals for their leadership in this matter.

I can thank the whining assed liberals for their leadership in this matter.

Sure. Yeah. It's someone else's fault you're racist. Ok.

Forum List

Back