Racist political ad?

Sorry bud, blame white peoples history of oppression.

{Many Indians in East Africa and Uganda were in the sartorial and banking businesses, where they were employed by the British. Since the representation of Indians in these occupations was high, stereotyping of Indians in Uganda as tailors or bankers was common. Also, some Indians perceived themselves as coming from a more advanced culture than Uganda, a view not appreciated by Ugandans. Indophobia in Uganda thus pre-dated Amin, and also existed under Milton Obote. The 1968 Committee on "Africanization in Commerce and Industry" in Uganda made far-reaching Indophobic proposals. A system of work permits and trade licenses was introduced in 1969 to restrict the role of Indians in economic and professional activities. Indians were segregated and discriminated against in all walks of life.[3]

After Idi Amin came to power, he exploited pre-existing Indophobia and spread propaganda against Indians involving stereotyping and scapegoating the Indian minority. Indians were stereotyped as "only traders" and "inbred" to their profession. Indians were labelled as "dukawallas" (an occupational term that degenerated into an anti-Indian slur during Amin's time), and stereotyped as "greedy, conniving", without any racial identity or loyalty but "always cheating, conspiring and plotting" to subvert Uganda. Amin used this propaganda to justify a campaign of "de-Indianization", eventually resulting in the expulsion and ethnic cleansing of Uganda's Indian minority.[3]}

Expulsion of Asians from Uganda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fucking racist moron.

Was there a point here?

This ad is being run in Florida against Allen West. Regardless of what you might think of Representative West's policies, I wonder who else finds this ad horribly racist. I am the only one? Maybe it's just me...so I'm looking for feedback.

Shock Video: Liberal Ad Depicts Allen West Punching Out White Women | MRCTV

I can't image if this were turned around and the ad was about a Black Democrat punching out white women, that every Progressive/Liberal wouldn't be SCREAMING racism...no?

Before even watching I'll say that the ad is likely brewing with racist undertones due to the fact that it's an ad against West.
Democrats HATE "coloreds" who don't keep in line and they seem to have not problem illustrating that fact.

C'mon now relax. I'm sure Jesse and Al are on planes bound for FL as I type so they can rant and rave about the racist ads and defend that Uncle T...er, Republican congressman.

actually no, but it's easier for you to ignore actual racism once you throw false labels on it.

You cant spin T-shirts with curious george on the front that says Obama underneath.

However, those don't exist. What does exist are tee-shirts with Curious George who have Bush's face superimposed.

But that okay with you, because you're a fucking hypocrite and a racist.

Dont think the righties here havent tried. That was before he was even elected! So it couldnt be his policies.

Yeah, the right has always embraced Marxists in the past, so they could only object to Obama because he's black.

Fucking moron.

Well...I'm not a Republican. But that's beside the point. I'm not defending or supporting Representative West either. The question is do you or do you not consider this ad racist or otherwise offensive? If not, that's fine, but would you feel the same way if the tables were turned and a similar ad showed a Black Dem punching white women?

Punching someone of another race is a violent act but not racist. You can punch someone for a variety of reasons besides jumping to the "thats racist" bullshit.

But hey, accuse dems of always screaming racist while screaming racist seems to work in some circles

Pluuuuze don't lecture us on racism. you had a lefty just recently complain that Fox news was racist for showing the back of Gabby Douglas's head.. did you smack him down? I don't think so.

What does that have to do with what I said? Nothing right, just checking.

This ad is being run in Florida against Allen West. Regardless of what you might think of Representative West's policies, I wonder who else finds this ad horribly racist. I am the only one? Maybe it's just me...so I'm looking for feedback.

Shock Video: Liberal Ad Depicts Allen West Punching Out White Women | MRCTV

I can't image if this were turned around and the ad was about a Black Democrat punching out white women, that every Progressive/Liberal wouldn't be SCREAMING racism...no?

Before even watching I'll say that the ad is likely brewing with racist undertones due to the fact that it's an ad against West.
Democrats HATE "coloreds" who don't keep in line and they seem to have not problem illustrating that fact.

C'mon now relax. I'm sure Jesse and Al are on planes bound for FL as I type so they can rant and rave about the racist ads and defend that Uncle T...er, Republican congressman.

*John Madden voice* Heres a guy who doesnt know that Allen West civil lliberties werent violated

actually no, but it's easier for you to ignore actual racism once you throw false labels on it.

You cant spin T-shirts with curious george on the front that says Obama underneath.

However, those don't exist. What does exist are tee-shirts with Curious George who have Bush's face superimposed.

But that okay with you, because you're a fucking hypocrite and a racist.

Dont think the righties here havent tried. That was before he was even elected! So it couldnt be his policies.

Yeah, the right has always embraced Marxists in the past, so they could only object to Obama because he's black.

Fucking moron.

They dont exist?
images

They dont exist?

You've been proven a liar or just simply to ignorant to be involved in the discussion. Let the adults talk this out, k kiddo?

They dont exist?
images

They dont exist?

You've been proven a liar or just simply to ignorant to be involved in the discussion. Let the adults talk this out, k kiddo?

Not outside of democrat campaign rooms.

You can't show anyone wearing these, or any right wing outlet selling them.

35422703.IncuriousGeorgeBush.jpg

This hangs in the Minneapolis Institute of the Arts; funded by taxpayers.

Fucking hypocrites.
They are a fraud perpetrated by you scumbag leftist.

It depends on your point of view if it was a Republican ad portraying Obama hitting a white woman it would be called racist in a minute because it is a Democrat ad showing a black Republican hitting a white women it will be ignored or rationalized. This is typical but hardly new.

Yup. Or a Republican ad with a white Democrat hitting an elderly black woman.. Oh lord.. Can you imagine the outrage?! :eek:

So now they do exist?

If a democrat creates a racist shirt to claim it is used by Republicans, does the shirt exist?

Not as a political statement.

Ok, just checking that I was correct, now go play.

You're a racist and a demagogue with zero integrity.

And those are you positive attributes.

Wrong again

Norman has said he got the T-shirts from someone in Arkansas. He started selling them at his bar -- known for the provocative, ultra-conservative political slogans often posted on signs out front -- in April but said he has no plans to mass market them.

The sales came to light this week when a loose coalition of local groups called a protest of the T-shirts.

About a dozen protestors rallied against the shirts Tuesday afternoon, condemning them as racist and asking Norman to stop selling them.

Norman acknowledged the imagery's Jim Crow roots but said he sees nothing wrong with depicting a prominent African-American as a monkey.

"We're not living in the (19)40's," he said. "Look at him . . . the hairline, the ears -- he looks just like Curious George."

Atlanta Metro News | ajc.com

How many times can you be wrong in one thread? Now, I'm sure you'll respond by blaming the liberals...some how...some way...but by now everyone can see you dont know what you're talking about.

Forum List

Back