Racist New York Councilmember

Can you quote the part of your article where she makes a value judgment about Asians? Or any race?

I read the whole thing, never saw it.

Thanks.

Can you quote the part of your article where she makes a value judgment about Asians? Or any race?

Thanks.

Oh and while you're in there, show us where she claims to be "upset Asians are allowed to move in".

Maybe you have one of those special article readers where if you play it backwards it says something different. I dunno.

Thanks.

Oh and while you're in there, show us where she claims to be "upset Asians are allowed to move in".

Maybe you have one of those special article readers where if you play it backwards it says something different. I dunno.
Are you arguing with yourself ?

Thanks.

Are you arguing with yourself ?

I'm piling on a second question on this fake OP while I wait for answers that don't exist and will never come because the OP fucked up and now has run away.

Deep huh?

Let me help you out Pogo.

Let's change a couple of locations and descriptors, and see if it jogs your perception.

Original:

Brooklyn Councilwoman Laurie Cumbo today said that a number of her constituents “don’t understand” the growing population of Asians moving into public housing units in her district.
Change to:

Central Alabama Councilman Jeb Goodman today said that a number of his constituents "don't understand" the growing population of African-Americans moving into public housing units in his district.

Let me help you out Pogo.

Let's change a couple of locations and descriptors, and see if it jogs your perception.

Original:

Brooklyn Councilwoman Laurie Cumbo today said that a number of her constituents “don’t understand” the growing population of Asians moving into public housing units in her district.
Change to:

Central Alabama Councilman Jeb Goodman today said that a number of his constituents "don't understand" the growing population of African-Americans moving into public housing units in his district.

Nope. Nothing changes.

There's still no value judgment of anybody. And without a value judgment of a race imagined as "inferior", racism is simply not present.

Here's what it would have to say:
Original:

Change to:

Brooklyn Councilwoman Laurie Cumbo today said that a number of her constituents “don’t understand” the growing population of Asians moving into public housing units in her district. She added, "Personally I think Asians are inferior".​

Contrary to the wags here who post first and think later if at all, a mere mention of a race, or being a member of one, is not all it takes to establish "dat's wacist". It's a cute headline grabber, but it's bullshit.

Still don't see anywhere she's "upset Asians are allowed to move in" either. Also not present.

Last edited:
She's saying the exact same thing as Jeb in the 1960...they don't look like us, they don't sound like us, they don't act like us and we don't want them here...in politi-speak.

She's saying the exact same thing as Jeb in the 1960...they don't look like us, they don't sound like us, they don't act like us and we don't want them here...in politi-speak.

Wouldn't know what Jeb said in 1960. He woulda been a kid then anyway.

But no I don't see where she's saying that either. Everything I read was about numbers. Nothing about how anybody sounds or acts, nothing about 'not wanting them' (in fact I saw the opposite).

You could say she's implying comments about a quota system. But you can't say there's a value judgment in there. I don't see any reference to any kind of behavior at all.

But no I don't see where she's saying that either. Everything I read was about numbers. Nothing about how anybody sounds or acts, nothing about 'not wanting them' (in fact I saw the opposite).

You could say she's implying comments about a quota system. But you can't say there's a value judgment in there. I don't see any reference to any kind of behavior at all.

I think you are just failing to read between the lines. If their race, and their moving in was no issue, then why bring it up at all?

I think you are just failing to read between the lines. If their race, and their moving in was no issue, then why bring it up at all?

"Reading between the lines" meaning "inserting content that was never there" is not rational argument.
You need a causation. You need a causation that leads the subject to take a position specifically on account of their belief that said race is inferior.

And that is not present.
Culture clash does not count.

Thanks.

OP I know you're just a-scourin' away at that material looking for the above requisitions... if it's not too much trouble can I add one more...

Could you point out where she "attacked Jews". Thanks. Shalom.

Thanks.
You mean you failed to note she was complaining that Asians were getting the Housing and not blacks?

Thanks.
She's using politispeak. Shes worried her voting base will shrink. Just the usual Liberal bitching.

Yup if there were nothing wrong in her mind with them moving in then why complain about it in an open meeting? Further her claim they were moving in in bloc was denied by the person that assigns housing explaining there simply is not enough available for any such thing to have happened.

Thanks.

OP I know you're just a-scourin' away at that material looking for the above requisitions... if it's not too much trouble can I add one more...

Could you point out where she "attacked Jews". Thanks. Shalom.
I guess you actually did NOT read the article as her attack on Jews was specifically mentioned and she had to apologize for it.

Thanks.
You mean you failed to note she was complaining that Asians were getting the Housing and not blacks?

No, I mean you failed to note she made no value judgment about Asians. And yet it says "racist" right in your thread title.
Why is that?

Forum List

Back