Racist NBC Airs "Monkey" Ad.....

Everyone knows Afros are monkeys (minus the tails).

No one would dare make a commercial about basketball with monkeys. But, they did with gymnastics because there's almost no Afros in the sport.

Where's the OUTRAGE Liberhoids????????
Why would anyone be ‘outraged’ when the ad wasn’t intended as ‘racist.'

NBC says no offense was intended by a poorly timed promotional ad featuring a monkey on gymnastics rings that aired on the network directly following a commentary by Bob Costas on Gabby Douglas' gold medal inspiring other African-American girls to take up the sport.

The gymnastics-themed ad for the upcoming NBC comedy "Animal Practice" was specifically timed to run late Thursday night following the women's gold medal competition. NBC said it was scheduled to run before the network knew about Costas' commentary.

NBC: 'No Offense Was Intended' By Commercial That Played After Gabby Douglas Win

NBC says no offense was intended by a poorly timed promotional ad featuring a monkey on gymnastics rings that aired on the network directly following a commentary by Bob Costas on Gabby Douglas' gold medal inspiring other African-American girls to take up the sport.

The gymnastics-themed ad for the upcoming NBC comedy "Animal Practice" was specifically timed to run late Thursday night following the women's gold medal competition. NBC said it was scheduled to run before the network knew about Costas' commentary.

NBC: 'No Offense Was Intended' By Commercial That Played After Gabby Douglas Win

I agree. It would seem all those who called NBC to bitch about how racist they were being are the ones with the racial hangups.
Do I REALLY need to be ultra careful to in no way reference, speak of or even think of monkeys within some certain time frame from having spoken with, referred to or thought of a black person?
Seems if I were to do so, I'd be as sick as the race baiters.

What about Costa's statement that only "young African American girls" should be inspired by Ms Douglas? No outrage over the blatantly racist implication there?

pfft

Everyone knows Afros are monkeys (minus the tails).

No one would dare make a commercial about basketball with monkeys. But, they did with gymnastics because there's almost no Afros in the sport.
so what the station was throwing a smackdown at whites.We all know monkeys are whites,look at planet of the white people.:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I agree. It would seem all those who called NBC to bitch about how racist they were being are the ones with the racial hangups.
Do I REALLY need to be ultra careful to in no way reference, speak of or even think of monkeys within some certain time frame from having spoken with, referred to or thought of a black person?

What about Costa's statement that only "young African American girls" should be inspired by Ms Douglas? No outrage over the blatantly racist implication there?

pfft
That sequence goes over the airwaves on Fox and it'd be Katie bar the door, for all the weeping, wailing, screeching and howling from the lolberals.

pfft
That sequence goes over the airwaves on Fox and it'd be Katie bar the door, for all the weeping, wailing, screeching and howling from the lolberals.

You're absolutely right. And I think the things they find offensive speaks volumes to the depravity of THEIR minds.
If "tolerance" equals some outrageous reaction to monkeys and blacks being referenced on the same television channel I'm not it. And I refuse to think like that.

Ok wait a minute. I'm confused. First you post this article asking where's "THE OUTRAGE", and the article is about "THE OUTRAGE". Then it seems that everyone is either outraged or thinks there should be no outrage. Personally I don't think it was meant to offend. The spot had already been purchased and no matter what had happend in that time slot that ad was going to air.

Forum List

Back