"Racist" Math Paper Causes Mother Extreme Distress

chanel

Silver Member
Jun 8, 2009
People's Republic of NJ
Lenape Middle School principal Nick Chubb said administrators are investigating the matter. When she was helping her son with his homework Saturday night, a Central Bucks mother noticed something that surprised and shocked her.

It was a work sheet called "Solving Equations using Multiplication and Division!" and it featured a photo of a black man wearing a straw hat, shirt and suspenders, with his mostly toothless mouth wide open. As if to underscore the man's stupidity, at the bottom of the picture was written, "NO WAI!!!" Both the mother and her son are black. On Monday, the student stayed home from school and his mother called the principal first thing in the morning.

The boy's mother said she spent much of the weekend angry and in tears.
"It b NAACP Bucks County Executive Committee members plan to meet with the principal and the teacher involved in the incident at Lenape Middle School "in hopes of amicably resolving the issue," the statement went on to say.

She plans to keep her son home from school until she feels as though it's safe to send him again.

PhillyBurbs.com: *Mother: School work sheet is racist

math-worksheet-image375235.jpg

Does anyone smell what I smell? $$$$$$$$$$$

OMG!

I put that picture on a birthday cake for my aunt recently. We were trying to find something funny to put on a cake, so we Googled, "crazy black man." That's the first image that comes up.

If it had been a picture of a white man with the same features, no one would give a shit.

I'm so sick of the fucking race card.

The best part of this story is that the woman said she is protecting her son. The son couldn't give a shit. Did he bring the paper home and cry, "MOMMY LOOK AT WHAT THE WHITE MAN DID?!" No. He brought the paper home to do his homework. SHE is the one who threw a fit, not the kid. He wouldn't have been affected at all if she had kept her fucking mouth shut.

The teacher may have made a mistake, but it's complete and utter bullshit that the mother has lost sleep over this. I am so sick and tired of people SUING because they are offended or embarrassed. Jesus Christ. If I had a dime for every offensive comment that has been hurled at me I could give up my teaching job.

BTW - How many teens have their moms help them with homework on a Sat. night? The whole story is a crock of shiot designed to try and get some moolah from the school. Grow a pair lady!

• Thanks
Reactions: Jon

Forum List

Back