Racist GOP ad..........

Jr. was photoshopped to a chimp because he was acting like Curious George from the childrens book, which is why he was compared to a monkey.

How is that racist? He was being hit on intelligence, not ethnicity.

Racism hits on ethnicity.

Dear God - no wonder you were a "First Class For Life," and couldn't make Chief. You're a fucking dunce. And spare us your CREO/tight rate shit sob story. When I made SCPO I was 2 of 2 - Navywide - assbrain.

Put your mouth back on Obama's ass and STFU

So it was fine to photoshop Bush to look like a chimp, but not obama? Why? Because it's only racist to disagree with a black man?
I see the press briefing is over.
I just realized something about you, ABS. I like you better when you're not here.

Jr. was photoshopped to a chimp because he was acting like Curious George from the childrens book, which is why he was compared to a monkey.

So if I photoshop obama to look like a chimp because I think he's a dunce like you, it won't be racist. OK Thanks.

Comparing blacks to monkeys has been inherently racist since slavery times. How did it become racist? Because at the time, only blacks were compared to apes.

If there had already been a racist precedent defining white males as monkeys, then yeah.......doing it to Jr. WOULD have been considered racist.

Unfortunately for you, there has been no stereotype like that for whites in this country.

So if I photoshop obama to look like a chimp because I think he's a dunce like you, it won't be racist. OK Thanks.

Comparing blacks to monkeys has been inherently racist since slavery times. How did it become racist? Because at the time, only blacks were compared to apes.

If there had already been a racist precedent defining white males as monkeys, then yeah.......doing it to Jr. WOULD have been considered racist.

Unfortunately for you, there has been no stereotype like that for whites in this country.

you're the biggest racist on the board second only to saltpeter

Not at all. Just reality for someone newly within the US.

You people are a bunch of fucking retards that should go fly a fucking kite!

Her pronunciation of American words was very good, it was the way she put her sentences together to make it sound like she was foreign.

But then again.........you fuckers wouldn't know racism if walked up and slapped you.

Did you look at the actress? She didn't look real WASP-y to me. She WAS foreign, dip-stick.

What do you mean?

The only ones who would see this as racist are those that think it is "funny" or "strange" when a foreign national speaks broken English.

Me? I see that as normal...Just as I would speak broken Italian...oir Broken Spanish.

So, in my book, the only ones who see this as racist are racists themselves.

In all fairness, I think the question isn't whether it is "funny" or "strange" for a non-native speaker of English to produce 'broken' English, but what it means when a native English speaker is instructed to affect broken English based on her race alone. There may have been no racist intent in making the ad, but it is a fair question at least.

It gets a little Minstrel Show-ish at some point.

Not to mention the fact that the actress was, initially at least, referenced as "Yellow Girl" in the html of the Hoekstra website.

There are at least questions to ask.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back