Racist Beverage

Tank

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2009
While the FDA and the State of North Carolina have cracked down on beverages that mix caffeine and alcohol, high alcohol only drinks like Blast are still on the market. Opponents claim they promote binge drinking, and Durham activists went a step further last Thursday - charging that Blast is targeted at African-Americans.

"They push this poison, this genocide in the black community, and then they act, then they don't want to talk to us. They're a bunch of cowards," said Minister Scott. "They ain't putting this in the white community. They're putting it in the black community. Every store in the hood, that's where they're putting this poison."

Group blasts new alcoholic beverage | abc11.com

From the article...

"Blast is produced only for consumers above legal drinking age marketed as an alcoholic beverage. The alcohol content is clearly marked on its package sold exclusively in stores that sell beverages with alcohol geared toward adults. Blast is promoting drinking responsibly to ensure it is enjoyed properly by those above the legal drinking age."

Seems to me it is being marketed and sold responsibility. Binge drinking can be triggered by any alcoholic drink, or anything that contains alcohol, some cough medicines for example, and binge drinking is not caused by drinking alcoholic beverages, it is due to having a drinking problem...period.

I always find it interesting it is always some minister who gets all up in arms and gets folks all riled up over issues like this, when in reality it's a matter of personal responsibility on the part of adults who embibe, or on the part of parents to educate their kids. His rant should be directed at them, not the manufacturers/retailers.

Last edited:
While the FDA and the State of North Carolina have cracked down on beverages that mix caffeine and alcohol, high alcohol only drinks like Blast are still on the market. Opponents claim they promote binge drinking, and Durham activists went a step further last Thursday - charging that Blast is targeted at African-Americans.

"They push this poison, this genocide in the black community, and then they act, then they don't want to talk to us. They're a bunch of cowards," said Minister Scott. "They ain't putting this in the white community. They're putting it in the black community. Every store in the hood, that's where they're putting this poison."

Group blasts new alcoholic beverage | abc11.com

What does race have to do with anything? I've mixed Rum, Gin, Vodka and Whiskey with almost everything at one point in my past (I haven't touched alcohol in 10 years). If there is a beverage, someone has mixed it with alcohol. But this story is coming from the Carolina's so........:eusa_whistle:

• Banned
Grape and watermelon flavored Colt 45 might be racist, but if someone comes out with a fried chicken flavored malt liquor racism will be obvious.

Locos are nasty as all hell, like drinking gasoline.

But I can do a earthquake every now and then.

Locos are nasty as all hell, like drinking gasoline.

But I can do a earthquake every now and then.

I hate Four Lokos, I drank one a while back and threw up, so I am never drinking them again. Earthquakes are good and I also drink on Stacks and Olde English High Gravity from time to time.

Forum List

Back