Racist ad from from Hoekstra?

I have an itchy feeling about the stereotyping aspect. But the problem is, it tells an important truth. the Budget deficit and the trade deficit are the same beast. Worrying about the trivial part of the add and ignoring the substance, that profligate spending is exporting jobs overseas, shows we are still not adult enough to have a useful discussion on the matter.

I don't like the idea of a chinese girl speaking pidgin is the way to make the point, but the point that profligacy on our part is creating jobs in Asia and unemployment here is one that needs to be made

I hear you, lets look at it this way, those folks making iphones at FOXCONN, even the on site managers who face to face with apple or other such industry types who deal in china here, how good or bad do they speak?

I KNOW they have accents and speech currents like the ads, I have seen and heard it on conf. calls. and in person is Dalian...*shrugs*...imho, its a lame attempt to as you infer negate/detract the real focus of the ad.

Underneath it all, everyone is mad because the ad is right on the button.

You not supposed to tell. Is ancient Chinese secret!

I interact with a lot of Chinese people all the time. You would be surprised to know how they really feel about Americans.

They think we are nice, if slightly stupid, people.
If you are their example I can certainly see why the Chinese think Americans are stupid.

Underneath it all, everyone is mad because the ad is right on the button.

I interact with a lot of Chinese people all the time. You would be surprised to know how they really feel about Americans.

I am guessing you mean Chinese from over there in that Asian part of the world, not Chinese-Americans. [DAMN that hyphen!]

They are part right about most Americans.

We ARE only SLIGHTLY stupid!

:D

If you are their example I can certainly see why the Chinese think Americans are stupid.

They haven't met you.

Which is one of the reasons why I seldom if ever pay you any attention. You are simply not worth it.

They haven't met you.

Which is one of the reasons why I seldom if ever pay you any attention. You are simply not worth it.

Good. Pay me less attention.

“Debbie spend so much American money, you borrow more and more from us,” says a young Asian woman riding her bike through rice paddies at the beginning of the 30-second ad. “You’re economy get very weak. Ours get very good. We take your jobs. Thank you Debbie ‘Spend It Now.’”

It is the racial undertones of the ad that have critics up in arms. The Associated Press reports that Michigan GOP consultant Nick De Leeuw called the ad “appalling” and the Asian and Pacific Islander American Vote’s Michigan chapter condemned the ad as “very disturbing.”

“It is very disturbing that Mr. Hoekstra’s campaign chose to use harmful and negative stereotypes that intrinsically encourage anti-Asian sentiment,” the group said in a statement Sunday.

Hoekstra responded to the barrage of criticism Sunday night, writing on his Facebook page that “Democrats trying to make this an issue of race demonstrates their total ignorance of job creation policies.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...under-fire-for-very-disturbing-super-bowl-ad/

Now - YouTube

^So is she faking the bad Engrish?...

:)

peace...

Hey val... Tell your Sockmaster to Answer my Fucking Question... :lol:

Or use the val account... Whatever.

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back