Racist ad from from Hoekstra?

“Debbie spend so much American money, you borrow more and more from us,” says a young Asian woman riding her bike through rice paddies at the beginning of the 30-second ad. “You’re economy get very weak. Ours get very good. We take your jobs. Thank you Debbie ‘Spend It Now.’”

It is the racial undertones of the ad that have critics up in arms. The Associated Press reports that Michigan GOP consultant Nick De Leeuw called the ad “appalling” and the Asian and Pacific Islander American Vote’s Michigan chapter condemned the ad as “very disturbing.”

“It is very disturbing that Mr. Hoekstra’s campaign chose to use harmful and negative stereotypes that intrinsically encourage anti-Asian sentiment,” the group said in a statement Sunday.

Hoekstra responded to the barrage of criticism Sunday night, writing on his Facebook page that “Democrats trying to make this an issue of race demonstrates their total ignorance of job creation policies.”

Senate Candidate Pete Hoekstra Under Fire For ‘Very Disturbing’ Super Bowl Ad - ABC News

Whatever.... what isn't racist anymore? You guys get back to me when your ready to discuss honestly what the progressives have done to minorities in terms of locking them into generational poverty in return fordid votes.

And what did consevatives do for minorites when they comtrolled the White House, Congtress and the Supreme Court?

I'll first need a definition for consevative.

Thanks.

Whatever.... what isn't racist anymore? You guys get back to me when your ready to discuss honestly what the progressives have done to minorities in terms of locking them into generational poverty in return fordid votes.

And what did consevatives do for minorites when they comtrolled the White House, Congtress and the Supreme Court?

Thanks.

Why? i'll just make the same aurgument as you, there were no real progressives in office.

Hoekstra’s ad is not racist.

Stupid. But not racist.

“Debbie spend so much American money, you borrow more and more from us,” says a young Asian woman riding her bike through rice paddies at the beginning of the 30-second ad. “You’re economy get very weak. Ours get very good. We take your jobs. Thank you Debbie ‘Spend It Now.’”

It is the racial undertones of the ad that have critics up in arms. The Associated Press reports that Michigan GOP consultant Nick De Leeuw called the ad “appalling” and the Asian and Pacific Islander American Vote’s Michigan chapter condemned the ad as “very disturbing.”

“It is very disturbing that Mr. Hoekstra’s campaign chose to use harmful and negative stereotypes that intrinsically encourage anti-Asian sentiment,” the group said in a statement Sunday.

Hoekstra responded to the barrage of criticism Sunday night, writing on his Facebook page that “Democrats trying to make this an issue of race demonstrates their total ignorance of job creation policies.”

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...under-fire-for-very-disturbing-super-bowl-ad/

Love the whole "rice paddies" "me love you long time" vibe going through it.

Spot on. :lol:

You just needed John Wayne in his Green Beret gear blowing up things to top it off! :eusa_angel:

Thanks.

Why? i'll just make the same aurgument as you, there were no real progressives in office.

What on Earth are you talking about?

I assume after I define conservative you will say conservatives never had control of the government.....anyways here is the dictionary's version of conservative:

A person who is averse to change and holds to traditional values and attitudes, typically in politics and religion.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politic...under-fire-for-very-disturbing-super-bowl-ad/

Love the whole "rice paddies" "me love you long time" vibe going through it.

Spot on. :lol:

You just needed John Wayne in his Green Beret gear blowing up things to top it off! :eusa_angel:

I'm listening for the "whomp... whomp.... whomp" of the Hueys... :lol::lol:

Stupid. But not racist.

Totally agree.

Dumb ad but nothing racist in it that I could see.

Personally I like the one where the Chinese Professor is talking to his class and telling them how we Americans all work for them now.

Nothing racist in that one either.

Stupid. But not racist.

Totally agree.

Dumb ad but nothing racist in it that I could see.

Personally I like the one where the Chinese Professor is talking to his class and telling them how we Americans all work for them now.

Nothing racist in that one either.

Some people just can't take the truth....the ads hit it right on!

This as should have generated a discussion concerning deficit reduction, interesting the democrats can't see that.

so the other uber modern ad from 2010, where all the chinks have what apppears to look like Ipads to me, are sitting in a hall, and the head guy says "thats why they work for us now" and the chinks laugh, must have been racist too, becasue it has someone other than old white folks in it?
:lol:

NOW whos seeing things....:lol:

as to you ravi since you asked, no I don't think so, do you?

so the other uber modern ad from 2010, where all the chinks have what apppears to look like Ipads to me, are sitting in a hall, and the head guy says "thats why they work for us now" and the chinks laugh, must have been racist too, becasue it has someone other than old white folks in it?
:lol:

NOW whos seeing things....:lol:

as to you ravi since you asked, no I don't think so, do you?
I think it is race baiting. Not sure if you define that as racist or not.

I have an itchy feeling about the stereotyping aspect. But the problem is, it tells an important truth. the Budget deficit and the trade deficit are the same beast. Worrying about the trivial part of the add and ignoring the substance, that profligate spending is exporting jobs overseas, shows we are still not adult enough to have a useful discussion on the matter.

I don't like the idea of a chinese girl speaking pidgin is the way to make the point, but the point that profligacy on our part is creating jobs in Asia and unemployment here is one that needs to be made

Now - YouTube

^So is she faking the bad Engrish?...

:)

peace...

Forum List

Back