Racism?

RetiredGySgt

Diamond Member
May 6, 2007
North Carolina
If you oppose illegal immigrants your now a racist? I have heard that argument on this board and now we have it officially from two minority groups.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070921/ap_on_re_us/minuteman_grandmother

I would suggest that if you are opposed to LAWS of the Country you live that is a problem. Make frivilous claims makes meanings of words lose their importance. Claiming Minutemen are "racist" is ignorant.

Funny how the National Council of La Raza is calling someone a racist. Their name literally translates to, National Council of The Race. They have strong ties to MEChA, whose "motto" is "Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada", translated: “For the race everything, outside the race nothing”. Nothing racist about that. They also have close ties to the Nation of Aztlán who have been known to espouse anti-semetic and anti-Zionist ideas.

Perhaps La Raza should clean their own house before they start pointing fingers.

Funny how the National Council of La Raza is calling someone a racist. Their name literally translates to, National Council of The Race. They have strong ties to MEChA, whose "motto" is "Por La Raza todo, Fuera de La Raza nada", translated: “For the race everything, outside the race nothing”. Nothing racist about that. They also have close ties to the Nation of Aztlán who have been known to espouse anti-semetic and anti-Zionist ideas.

Perhaps La Raza should clean their own house before they start pointing fingers.

I'm am of half mexican heritage and I agree with you. The truth cannot be racist.

If you oppose illegal immigrants your now a racist? I have heard that argument on this board and now we have it officially from two minority groups.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070921/ap_on_re_us/minuteman_grandmother

I would suggest that if you are opposed to LAWS of the Country you live that is a problem. Make frivilous claims makes meanings of words lose their importance. Claiming Minutemen are "racist" is ignorant.

And I say it's bullshit, and a play on the fearful PC's emotional disorders. I oppose illegal immigration and I don't care if they're as celtic white as I am.

That racism accusation is a smokescreen, plain and simple.

And I say it's bullshit, and a play on the fearful PC's emotional disorders. I oppose illegal immigration and I don't care if they're as celtic white as I am.

That racism accusation is a smokescreen, plain and simple.

Indeed. My great grandfather on my mothers' side died just before he was able to reach america after he obtained his citizenship...luckily my grandfather and his immediate family were legally along for the ride up from the state of Chihuahua, Mexico. My grandfather loved this country until his dying day....infact he influenced my political leanings more than anyone else.

He hated ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

Here's how you know if your opposition to illegal immigration is rooted in racism or a strict adherence to your sense of the rule of law. First, when you think "illegal immigrant" what is the image that instantly pops up in your brain. Is it a white dude canoeing across the lakes from Canada or is it a poor Mexican laborer? Be honest with yourself, no one else will really know what you thought. But I suspect that most people, if they had some truth serum would admit that for them illegal immigrant = Mexican/poor brown person. It NEVER = white or European person.

You can say "well most illegal immigrants are Mexican" but they aren't all. And if you don't care about who is immigrating then when you think of an illegal immigrant you should see just a faceless law breaker. And frankly when someone can raise their hand and say they follow every single letter of the law to the exact, only then can they get on some law and order bandwagon about illegal immigration.

Here's how you know if your opposition to illegal immigration is rooted in racism or a strict adherence to your sense of the rule of law. First, when you think "illegal immigrant" what is the image that instantly pops up in your brain. Is it a white dude canoeing across the lakes from Canada or is it a poor Mexican laborer? Be honest with yourself, no one else will really know what you thought. But I suspect that most people, if they had some truth serum would admit that for them illegal immigrant = Mexican/poor brown person. It NEVER = white or European person.

You can say "well most illegal immigrants are Mexican" but they aren't all. And if you don't care about who is immigrating then when you think of an illegal immigrant you should see just a faceless law breaker. And frankly when someone can raise their hand and say they follow every single letter of the law to the exact, only then can they get on some law and order bandwagon about illegal immigration.

I'm sorry to be rude, but what crap.

LOL! I like this guy. I have no doubt in my mind that you are far from a racist, and I applaud you for that..but this is a poor attempt at psychoanalyzation if I've ever seen one.

Hey I never claimed to be a trained psychologist. And my post didn't quite capture what I was trying to describe. I think the main issue is that right now, for all of us, it's very difficult to seperate the illegal immigration issue from who most of us think of as illegal immigrants, poor Mexian laborers.

Because racism is no longer publically acceptable in America "the law" has become a much easier way to express fundamentally racist positions. The Jena 6 is an example of this phenomenon and illegal immigraiton is another. Not everyone who opposes illegal immigraiton is racist, but the vast majority of them employ the language of law and order to say pretty horrible things about Mexicans that they could not say publically.

The other thing that clues you in to the racism within the anti illegal immigraiton rhetoric is the amount of lies and falsehood within that rhetoric. People talk about illegal immigrations on welfare. THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE. you cant get welfare if you are not a citizen. You can fool an employer with a social security card you can't fool federal welfare agencies. The costs that illegal immigrants accrue at emergency rooms is vastly overstated as well. But one of the key outcomes of racism is massive scapegoating.

In so many ways its hard to actually pinpoint how illegal immigration hurts Americans. Driving down wages? That seems to be the fault of greedy corporastions who want to charge very little AND greedy consumers who enjoy products that are affordable thanks to below minimum wage wages. Emergency room issues is a convenient way of not thinking about the crap healthcare system America burdens its citizens with.

Hey I never claimed to be a trained psychologist. And my post didn't quite capture what I was trying to describe. I think the main issue is that right now, for all of us, it's very difficult to seperate the illegal immigration issue from who most of us think of as illegal immigrants, poor Mexian laborers.

Because racism is no longer publically acceptable in America "the law" has become a much easier way to express fundamentally racist positions. The Jena 6 is an example of this phenomenon and illegal immigraiton is another. Not everyone who opposes illegal immigraiton is racist, but the vast majority of them employ the language of law and order to say pretty horrible things about Mexicans that they could not say publically.

The other thing that clues you in to the racism within the anti illegal immigraiton rhetoric is the amount of lies and falsehood within that rhetoric. People talk about illegal immigrations on welfare. THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE. you cant get welfare if you are not a citizen. You can fool an employer with a social security card you can't fool federal welfare agencies. The costs that illegal immigrants accrue at emergency rooms is vastly overstated as well. But one of the key outcomes of racism is massive scapegoating.

In so many ways its hard to actually pinpoint how illegal immigration hurts Americans. Driving down wages? That seems to be the fault of greedy corporastions who want to charge very little AND greedy consumers who enjoy products that are affordable thanks to below minimum wage wages. Emergency room issues is a convenient way of not thinking about the crap healthcare system America burdens its citizens with.

As I posted, this is crap. When I think of our 'Southern border' or 'Northern' for that matter, my concerns are less with illegals from the home countries, but more so with terrorists. The North seems more willing to deal with-see 2000 millenium catches. To the South, the problem is middle easterners posing as Hispanics, not too hard.

As I posted, this is crap. When I think of our 'Southern border' or 'Northern' for that matter, my concerns are less with illegals from the home countries, but more so with terrorists. The North seems more willing to deal with-see 2000 millenium catches. To the South, the problem is middle easterners posing as Hispanics, not too hard.

The vast majority of terrorist attacks committed on American soil were orchestrated by white American men. Yet I don't see you all that concerned about that. But no, you're totally not racist. :)

The vast majority of terrorist attacks committed on American soil were orchestrated by white American men. Yet I don't see you all that concerned about that. But no, you're totally not racist. :)

LOL! Not by numbers over a 10 year period. You are the racist.

I didnt say they had killed more, 9/11 dwarfed all in terms of scope. But the number of terrorist attacks on American soil? White dudes take the cake. Can't be denied. The point is that despite the number of illegal immigrants who aren't Mexican or Arab, our interest in prosecuting illegal immigrants focuses on Mexicans and Arabs. I might also add that 9/11 attackers came to America on airplanes not over the border, so this border issue is a smokescreen.

What's wrong with poor mexican laborers?

I'm sure that is the case with a MINORITY of opponents(no pun intended), but in reality, illegal immigration is a hazard to your safety and mine. And as you should well know, damn near 20% of our prison population are illegaly in this country and we shouldn't be housing and feeding them, we should send them back where the came from.

Ever heard of stolen social security numbers? Do you think folks that work at the SS offices make enough money that SOME wouldn't entertain the idea of providing fake identification when it's a MILLION DOLLAR SCAM?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I still like you, brother.:)

Ever heard of stolen social security numbers? Do you think folks that work at the SS offices make enough money that SOME wouldn't entertain the idea of providing fake identification when it's a MILLION DOLLAR SCAM?
Again, like I said, you can fool an employer with an illegal social security card. But "welfare" and you should be clearer about what you mean by that. Are you referring to AFDC, which basically doesn't exist anymore. Food stamps? Section 8 etc? Anyway, it is incredibly difficult for AMERICANS to get access to these programs after the Clinton era welfare reform legislation. For illegal immigrants it. is. impossible. For real. Everyone acceps the myth of illegal immigrants access to welfare, but not a single person can point to welfare payouts to illegal immigrants.
but in reality, illegal immigration is a hazard to your safety and mine
How, be clear?
And as you should well know, damn near 20% of our prison population are illegaly in this country and we shouldn't be housing and feeding them, we should send them back where the came from.
I've got no problem with deporting those committed of felonies. Unfortunately you are forgetting that prisons are a BUSINESS. Yes taxpayers pay the bill but alot of huge corproations and small prison towns rely on a healthy supply of prisoners. Beds, utilities, clothes, food, guards, guns etc. Prisons are expensive and people make a profit off of them. I don't see the U.S. government doing anything to decrease this country's prison population.

Again, like I said, you can fool an employer with an illegal social security card. But "welfare" and you should be clearer about what you mean by that. Are you referring to AFDC, which basically doesn't exist anymore. Food stamps? Section 8 etc? Anyway, it is incredibly difficult for AMERICANS to get access to these programs after the Clinton era welfare reform legislation. For illegal immigrants it. is. impossible. For real. Everyone acceps the myth of illegal immigrants access to welfare, but not a single person can point to welfare payouts to illegal immigrants.
You need to do some reasearch if you are interested in finding the truth, no, I am not trying to be an asshole, just pointing you in the right direction.
How, be clear?
Well, Look at my avatar......if my beard were longer and I had a turban on plus a mean brown tan.....could you tell me I wouldn't look arab?
I've got no problem with deporting those committed of felonies. Unfortunately you are forgetting that prisons are a BUSINESS. Yes taxpayers pay the bill but alot of huge corproations and small prison towns rely on a healthy supply of prisoners. Beds, utilities, clothes, food, guards, guns etc. Prisons are expensive and people make a profit off of them. I don't see the U.S. government doing anything to decrease this country's prison population.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I love your name and I like you.:clap2:

The 9/11 hijackers were here legally... and Timothy McVeigh was a citizen.

The 9/11 hijackers were here legally... and Timothy McVeigh was a citizen.

Ya we had 3 men that were "terrorists" and that excuses the threat of Arab terrorists slipping across the border. And the 9/11 Hijackers were here legally because Clinton made it nearly impossible for agencies task with our protection from talking to one another.

Neither chnage the fact we need to secure our southern border and neither have anything to do with racism because we want illegal aliens removed not amnestied from our country. The law is clear, we want it enforced. Punish companies that hire illegals and deport illegals, secure our border and stop the free flow of illegal aliens from Mexico, which includes any nationality that can get into Mexico.

We don't have millions of European illegals because their countries are generally better places to live and the fact it is HARDER for them to get here illegally.

a racist mexican is like a retard proud it can tie its shoe. Who would want to be a mexican? We need to deport them all now before they turn all of America into a disgusting taco bell ghetto.

Forum List

Back