Racism, Shmacism

WOW, you say I don't know what racism is, but then you say Rev Wright isn't a Racist! :cuckoo:

Not sure who Edward James is, but since its coming from WJ he is probably a KKK racist.

However, he has a point. Whites are considered racists; however, Europe, America, Russia, Israel, Japan, Austrialia and Canada are all predominately white countries and we are all becoming multiracial countries. We all have large immigrant populations of blacks, yellows and browns. Look at Africa, every Arab country, Asia (minus Japan), Latin America country and you will see small immigrate populations of different races. These countries aren't inviting to other races. African countries like South Africa have set up pograms and government imposed racism against whites. That goes unnoticed.

In America, the vast majority of racism comes from Blacks and Latinos. Again compare, NAACP to the NAAWP, one is consider a hate group, when both should be. What about the Congressional Black Caucus, the White Caucus is a hate group. You can say Black Power, but not White Power. There is a high level of hypocrisy in the PC world of today!

What a moronic post. Do you even know what racism is pea brain?

---------------------------------------------------------------
1. a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

2. a policy, system of government, etc., based upon or fostering such a doctrine; discrimination.

3. hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.
---------------------------------------------------------------

SO, your definition of racism is the hatred these black men felt, just before they were lynched.

black%20lynching.jpg

You are a fucking MORON...

watch this video and get the context of why he said that and it's obvious that Wright is a racist.

YouTube - BARACK OBAMA Pastor ANTI-AMERICAN Rev Jeremiah Wright Racism

Hey pea brain, what Reverend Wright says in the video is not racism, it is the TRUTH. It is historical facts. Maybe it makes white America uncomfortable, but provide me with proof that what he says is a lie.

You mindless right wing pea brains would NEVER take the time or make the effort to seek the real truth. All the Reverend Wright clips are edited down and taken out of context to smear him.

IF all of America had been given Wright's wonderful and thought provoking sermon after 911, we may not have blindly supported the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq out of racist blood lust for ANYONE the LOOKED like the people that attacked us...

March 21, 2008
The full story behind Rev. Jeremiah Wright's 9/11 sermon

Damn tea baggers.

watch this video and get the context of why he said that and it's obvious that Wright is a racist.

YouTube - BARACK OBAMA Pastor ANTI-AMERICAN Rev Jeremiah Wright Racism

Hey pea brain, what Reverend Wright says in the video is not racism, it is the TRUTH. It is historical facts. Maybe it makes white America uncomfortable, but provide me with proof that what he says is a lie.

You mindless right wing pea brains would NEVER take the time or make the effort to seek the real truth. All the Reverend Wright clips are edited down and taken out of context to smear him.

IF all of America had been given Wright's wonderful and thought provoking sermon after 911, we may not have blindly supported the illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq out of racist blood lust for ANYONE the LOOKED like the people that attacked us...

March 21, 2008

For those of you who, like me, have disliked Rev Wright since he first became a victim of the media, and have not watched the Moyer's video that this link that BFGRN gave in this post, The Full Story Behind Rev. Jeremiah Wright's 9/11 sermon, I would say that it is well worth taking the almost one hour to watch both parts of the interview. I, for one, have been given a different perceptive on the man than I must admit that I have had over the last two years.

I do not agree with everything the Rev. says but listening to the interview over the last hour, I have to admit that the way he has been portrayed seems to have been a gross miscarriage of justice. Out of ignorance, I condemned "Black Liberation Theology". As a white man anything that speaks (to me) of black "revenge" is disturbing to say the least. What do the words "Black Liberation Theology" mean to you? To me those words speak of racism, of getting even with the white man, of hatred and thus the entire thing seemed frightening to me. Edit: I see gangs of "Uhuru" members walking down the streets beating every white man they come across to death for no other reason than that the victim is white. That is what I saw in my mind ever since I first heard the term, Black Liberation Theology and to me that was a scary thought.

The Rev. defined "Black Liberation Theology" in completely different terms.

Listen to Rev. Wright as he sits down and speaks with Bill Moyer. He doesn't appear to be the raving fanatic that you see in those few sound bites that the Media (Fox News) played over and over and over again. Yes, he seems to be the fire breathing dragon in his sermons that you see, but the context of the "God Damn America" Sermon seems to be a little more complex than just a "prayer" asking that God Damn America.

I truly do not like bfgrn's methods or his (apologies bfgrn if you are a lady, I can not always remember) way of speaking with those who disagree with him. Typically, I won't even read his posts because of his "style", but this post caught my eye. I wanted to see what evidence he could produce that would convince me that Rev. Wright was not the fire breathing racist that I had seen on all those clips. Well, guess what, bfgrn succeeded in at least convincing me that I may have been too hasty in judging the man. I'm going to have to look a little more carefully the next time someone tells me Rev. Wright is a racist.

Thanks for the link bfgrn and thank you for enlightening me just a little bit.

Immie

Wow Immie, you really impress on more than one level. You were open-minded enough to 'let the man speak' on his own behalf; to tell his side of the story. And you were willing to admit that you may have misjudged him...awesome.

Believe me, I understand why you don't like my style, no one likes being called a pea brain. I'm sure I could make more 'friends' by being less abrasive. But I can't think of any other phrase that describes people so close minded and so filled with fear that they will just condemn a human being, and vehemently defend that condemnation, but yet they are too fearful to even listen and let a man speak on his own behalf. My God, isn't THAT what America is supposed to be about? Isn't that the heart of freedom and liberty? No man should be condemned without at least affording him the right to give his side of the story.

I applaud you Immie, you are a good man (or woman...LOL)

BTW, I am a male.............last time I looked...:lol:

But what is liberty without wisdom, and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint.
Edmund Burke

I'm a racist? WOW, based on WHAT?

Your hatred of whites.

Yep.

That'd be it.

I AM white you pea brain...I hate injustice, I hate ignorance and I hate bigotry and racism.

Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism.
Barry Goldwater

March 21, 2008

For those of you who, like me, have disliked Rev Wright since he first became a victim of the media, and have not watched the Moyer's video that this link that BFGRN gave in this post, The Full Story Behind Rev. Jeremiah Wright's 9/11 sermon, I would say that it is well worth taking the almost one hour to watch both parts of the interview. I, for one, have been given a different perceptive on the man than I must admit that I have had over the last two years.

I do not agree with everything the Rev. says but listening to the interview over the last hour, I have to admit that the way he has been portrayed seems to have been a gross miscarriage of justice. Out of ignorance, I condemned "Black Liberation Theology". As a white man anything that speaks (to me) of black "revenge" is disturbing to say the least. What do the words "Black Liberation Theology" mean to you? To me those words speak of racism, of getting even with the white man, of hatred and thus the entire thing seemed frightening to me. Edit: I see gangs of "Uhuru" members walking down the streets beating every white man they come across to death for no other reason than that the victim is white. That is what I saw in my mind ever since I first heard the term, Black Liberation Theology and to me that was a scary thought.

Listen to Rev. Wright as he sits down and speaks with Bill Moyer. He doesn't appear to be the raving fanatic that you see in those few sound bites that the Media (Fox News) played over and over and over again. Yes, he seems to be the fire breathing dragon in his sermons that you see, but the context of the "God Damn America" Sermon seems to be a little more complex than just a "prayer" asking that God Damn America.

I truly do not like bfgrn's methods or his (apologies bfgrn if you are a lady, I can not always remember) way of speaking with those who disagree with him. Typically, I won't even read his posts because of his "style", but this post caught my eye. I wanted to see what evidence he could produce that would convince me that Rev. Wright was not the fire breathing racist that I had seen on all those clips. Well, guess what, bfgrn succeeded in at least convincing me that I may have been too hasty in judging the man. I'm going to have to look a little more carefully the next time someone tells me Rev. Wright is a racist.

Immie

Wow Immie, you really impress on more than one level. You were open-minded enough to 'let the man speak' on his own behalf; to tell his side of the story. And you were willing to admit that you may have misjudged him...awesome.

Believe me, I understand why you don't like my style, no one likes being called a pea brain. I'm sure I could make more 'friends' by being less abrasive. But I can't think of any other phrase that describes people so close minded and so filled with fear that they will just condemn a human being, and vehemently defend that condemnation, but yet they are too fearful to even listen and let a man speak on his own behalf. My God, isn't THAT what America is supposed to be about? Isn't that the heart of freedom and liberty? No man should be condemned without at least affording him the right to give his side of the story.

But what is liberty without wisdom, and without virtue? It is the greatest of all possible evils; for it is folly, vice, and madness, without tuition or restraint.
Edmund Burke

It would be male on my part as well, and trust me... I don't have to look. ;)

In my opinion the video was well worth the hour that it took to watch both parts. Now, Bill Moyer admits he is from the same denomination as Rev. Wright, but I felt he asked some good and fair questions. I would not say he went for the jugular as O'Reilly would have done, but, it was a decent interview. Trust me, if Wright were the racist I believed him to be yesterday, it would have come out in that interview. There was plenty of room there for the Rev. to speak his mind.

Immie

Immie

Edmund Burke

In my opinion the video was well worth the hour that it took to watch both parts. Now, Bill Moyer admits he is from the same denomination as Rev. Wright, but I felt he asked some good and fair questions. I would not say he went for the jugular as O'Reilly would have done, but, it was a decent interview. Trust me, if Wright were the racist I believed him to be yesterday, it would have come out in that interview. There was plenty of room there for the Rev. to speak his mind.

Immie

Unfortunately, not long after that interview Wright spoke at the National Press Club and made some controversial statements. IMO, it was a wounded animal striking back. It was the words of a prideful man that felt all the great accomplishments he and his ministry worked so hard for would be buried by the unjust slander of You Tube snippets taken out of context. And the people that edited those sermons knew exactly what they were doing.

I don't know if you have listened to Wright's 911 speech in full, but 2 years before the invasion of Iraq he warned America of the dangers of revenge. The innocent lives that will be the horrible cost of revenge... "We have moved from the hatred of armed enemies to the hatred of unarmed innocents. We want revenge, we want paybacks, and we don't care who gets hurt in the process."

"Violence begets violence. Hatred begets hatred, and terrorism begets terrorism."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOdlnzkeoyQ]YouTube - FOX Lies!! Irresponsible Media! Barack Obama Pastor Wright[/ame]

Edmund Burke

Immie

Unfortunately, not long after that interview Wright spoke at the National Press Club and made some controversial statements. IMO, it was a wounded animal striking back. It was the words of a prideful man that felt all the great accomplishments he and his ministry worked so hard for would be buried by the unjust slander of You Tube snippets taken out of context. And the people that edited those sermons knew exactly what they were doing.

I don't know if you have listened to Wright's 911 speech in full, but 2 years before the invasion of Iraq he warned America of the dangers of revenge. The innocent lives that will be the horrible cost of revenge... "We have moved from the hatred of armed enemies to the hatred of unarmed innocents. We want revenge, we want paybacks, and we don't care who gets hurt in the process."

"Violence begets violence. Hatred begets hatred, and terrorism begets terrorism."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOdlnzkeoyQ]YouTube - FOX Lies!! Irresponsible Media! Barack Obama Pastor Wright[/ame]

I just finished listening to the National Press Club speech after watching the clip provided in the quoted post entitled "Fox Lies". I have to say that I didn't find anything all that "contoversial" in that speech. I don't necessarily agree with everything he said, but I didn't find anything shocking or horrible in that speech.

It has been an interesting evening to say the least.

Immie

Immie

I just finished listening to the National Press Club speech after watching the clip provided in the quoted post entitled "Fox Lies". I have to say that I didn't find anything all that "contoversial" in that speech. I don't necessarily agree with everything he said, but I didn't find anything shocking or horrible in that speech.

It has been an interesting evening to say the least.

Immie

"America's chickens are coming home, to roost" is just a colorful way of saying what this guy said:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD7dnFDdwu0]YouTube - Terrorism: Ron Paul vs. Giuliani @ SC Debate[/ame]

Forum List

Back