Racism is dead

Then all is well b/c no one said it. Simple as that. ;)

Again derailed and ignoring the OP though. I am speaking out against being called a racist merely due to disagreeing.

It's what the article is saying practically. It's also blaming the left, while refusing to admit the faults of the right.

What you just said was PART of the article, however it was only a point in the article. I agree people shouldn't be called racist due to just disagreeing, that's ignorance.

Trust me, you're talking to someone who has been called an anti-semite several times on this board for simply disagreeing with some of the more VERY-PRO Israel people on this board.

I really don't see the article as blaming the left. I see it as telling it as it is.
I see it all over. Now days - -conservative = racist.

I don't mean just here. I mean all over. That is NOT coming from the right.

Sorry....but YOU are the one coming on here using the tired wore out rhetoric about "if you oppose Obama you're a racist" and "there's evil white folks out there that are going to try to kill him". I'm simply pointing out to you the folly of your delusions. The fact that you fall for everything they're spoon feeding you is really quite sad. As far as "there are people out there that want to see him dead" goes, that could very well be. Doesn't mean they're going to act on it. Doesn't mean they're going to yell out threats of doing it. I can name a couple of people I'd like to see dead. Don't mean diddly. I'm not going to go out and do anything to cause it to happen. As far as your back pedalling and trying to be all self righteous about "what you really mean", sure, there are people out there that are racist. But guess what pumpkin...it ain't all about OBAMA. Those people, black-white-red-yellow, were all racist before he ran for the Presidency. It's NOT some new phenomenom.

Calling me a racist b/c I may not agree with Obama is absurd. Calling me a racist merely b/c I have conservative views is absurd.
The word itself is used so much, it doesn't mean much anymore. That is pretty darn pathetic IMO.

Problem is, you're putting words in MY mouth because I'm not saying either.

My one and only simple point: If one says there is NO RACISM against Obama in GENERAL, then they are IGNORANT. Simple as that.
I'm curious as to who in the opposition actually has said such a thing? *sniff, sniff* I'm getting a waff of a strawman.

The article's point that it's all the left's fault that the word "racist" has lost all meaning. I say that it's ignorance and closed minded on the blog's part. However, I'm not surprised considering the source. :eusa_eh:
I'm not so sure you grasped the hypothesis of the piece, that true racism has been marginalized because of calls of racism where it does not exist. I'm wondering to what piece your browser took you.

Irrespective of the lack of your grasping the thesis, in no portion of that piece did the author ever indicate that there was no racism against BHO. So, your strawman has been exposed.

Last edited:
Then all is well b/c no one said it. Simple as that. ;)

Again derailed and ignoring the OP though. I am speaking out against being called a racist merely due to disagreeing.

It's what the article is saying practically. It's also blaming the left, while refusing to admit the faults of the right. ....
The opposition has no reason at all to call criticisms of BHO racist. You're struggling.

.... What you just said was PART of the article, however it was only a point in the article. I agree people shouldn't be called racist due to just disagreeing, that's ignorance. ....
And that's what the piece thinks as well, yet you object to the piece. Odd.

.... Trust me, you're talking to someone who has been called an anti-semite several times on this board for simply disagreeing with some of the more VERY-PRO Israel people on this board.
Irrelevant.

Stop acting like a kid and maybe you won't get called one. YOU stated very clearly WHEN someone shoots him and keep bringing up a former member of the KKK like they're of some importance to your whole tyrade. So YES you're likening the event happening to it coming from some evil whitey. I brought up Robert Byrd, also a FORMER member of the KKK as a way to show your how delusional you are by taking the word of this Clarey guy. If you actually believe that the KKK would go outside of it's membership to talk about threats and such as that then you deserve every word I've said to you. Get off your high horse. Open your eyes and grow up a tad bit more. You're entirely to gullible for your own good and your attempts at arguing your points are just juvenile to say the least. If the Secret Service took any of these so called threats as seriously as you do they would NEVER let him leave the White House. They would have him riding around in one of those Pope mobiles. He'd never do Townhalls, never go to fundraisers, etc etc etc. Use your brain for something other than taking up space between your ears. The 400% number is hyper inflated to keep the masses thoroughly believing that it's all about RACE. Nothing more.

I don't think of Republicans as "racist".

Just the fact that they fight for Cigna with their gold plated silverware and dishes and their 68 million dollar corporate jets and the Cigna CEO with his tens of millions of dollars of salary. How many people denied operations and health care to support this "luxury". This is what Republicans fight for. They can't share, but they fight to keep it. Why, because health care companies supply "jobs". Oh wait, that's right, they don't. Why do they fight for them again?

I don't think of Republicans as "racist", I think of them as "less than sane".

Last edited by a moderator:

Just the fact that they fight for Cigna with their gold plated silverware and dishes and their 68 million dollar corporate jets and the Cigna CEO with his tens of millions of dollars of salary. How many people denied operations and health care to support this "luxury". This is what Republicans fight for. They can't share, but they fight to keep it. Why, because health care companies supply "jobs". Oh wait, that's right, they don't. Why do they fight for them again?

what a fucking stupid thing to say
what the fuck does Cigna(they suck) have to do with racism?

I guess rdean hasn't seen the latest reports of just how much money groups like Cigna have been shelling out to the Democrats in power right now. I hazard a guess to say that rdean would consider that completely sane huh?

Who the heck is talking about Republicans? :disbelief:

Calling me a racist b/c I may not agree with Obama is absurd. Calling me a racist merely b/c I have conservative views is absurd.
The word itself is used so much, it doesn't mean much anymore. That is pretty darn pathetic IMO.

My one and only simple point: If one says there is NO RACISM against Obama in GENERAL, then they are IGNORANT. Simple as that.

How about "the number of people who don't like Obama's policies due to the fact that he is black is so miniscule that it's not worth mentioning" ?

How about "the number of people who don't like Obama's policies due to the fact that he is black is so miniscule that it's not worth mentioning" ?

icon_thumright.gif
Yup. Simple as that.

Forum List

Back