Racism Ingrained In Spain

Do you mean to tell us that:

The race pains in Spain are plainly just ingrained?

aud_rain.251163135_std.jpg

(by Jove! ~ I think I've got it!)​

During the '70s there was a famous British racing driver (his name escapes me) who was harshly criticised by the Spanish media after winning a crucial race held in Spain. He was interviewed by a TV reporter after the race who tactfully asked how the driver felt about his treatment by the national press, to which he rather bluntly replied (live on air): "I'm not fussed. The Spanish are a bunch of lazy *****."

During the '70s there was a famous British racing driver (his name escapes me) who was harshly criticised by the Spanish media after winning a crucial race held in Spain. He was interviewed by a TV reporter after the race who tactfully asked how the driver felt about his treatment by the national press, to which he rather bluntly replied (live on air): "I'm not fussed. The Spanish are a bunch of lazy *****."

what would you do in this scenario, a bunch of Banker's offer money to build Motorways, railways ETC. you can pay us back later say the bankers/suckers The Motorways and railways have been built, the commissions have been paid, the banker seem surprised that there is no money to pay them back

what would you do in this scenario, a bunch of Banker's offer money to build Motorways, railways ETC. you can pay us back later say the bankers/suckers The Motorways and railways have been built, the commissions have been paid, the banker seem surprised that there is no money to pay them back

Er, come again.

Looks like the spaniards would like another Inquisition.

Racism 'ingrained' in Spain: Sport: Soccer

There is racism everywhere in the world, some is hidden racism, some is more open and in your face racism.

Plus lets not forget that part of the whole experience at a football game (or any team sports) is to mentally put the opposition players off balance and using distasteful comments is often effective method.

I mean we never hear about the bantering about players mothers and sisters and how good they were last night and so on.... do we now?

Have you seen the crap that Ice hockey, Basketball, American football and baseball fans spew at games? There are plenty of examples in the US of players actually going into the stands and confronting abusive fans and starting big brawls.

drama much?

Alves being subjected to racial remarks means Spaniards desire another Inquisition?

good grief.

ps. go barca!

i'm not sure how that's "drama". everyone knows that spain has a huge racial problem. also, i think you might not want to get in the middle of this one, because he's simply pointing out to the anti-semitic, spanish cow, jos, (who spams the board with all things pro-terroriost) that she should look at her own home before she opens her propagandizing mouth.

for the record, btw, i just got back from barcelona... nice play. good food. nice beach. but one of the black women i work with tells me she'd never go back there because of the endemic racism.

Last edited:

drama much?

Alves being subjected to racial remarks means Spaniards desire another Inquisition?

good grief.

ps. go barca!

i'm not sure how that's "drama". everyone knows that spain has a huge racial problem. also, i think you might not want to get in the middle of this one, because he's simply pointing out to the anti-semitic, spanish cow, jos, (who spams the board with all things pro-terroriost) that she should look at her own home before she opens her propagandizing mouth.

for the record, btw, i just got back from barcelona... nice play. good food. nice beach. but one of the black women i work with tells me she'd never go back there because of the endemic racism.

I would say that likening modern day racial struggles to an inquistion is a tad over the top; thus dramatic.

Spain had a stuffed slave in a museum there, they recently returned it to Botswana.

Spain to Return Stuffed Body of Bushman

The stuffed body of a 19th-century African Bushman, whose display in a Spanish museum caused international protest, will be sent home to Botswana to be buried, officials agreed today.

The body has been on display since 1916 at a museum in Banyoles, a town 70 miles northeast of Barcelona. The Spanish government and the town signed an agreement to return it to the southern African nation in the next couple of months.

''It was not very appropriate to exhibit a human being of the black race in a Western and developed city,'' Banyoles's mayor, Pedro Bosch, said after the signing.

Some African countries, the United Nations and the Organization of African Unity complained that the exhibit was racist. Two years ago, the body was removed by order of the Foreign Ministry to prevent a diplomatic incident.

elnegro1.jpg

The Spanish basketball team also mocked their Chinese hosts by taking this picture.

spain-chinese-basketball.jpg

Yes, I would say they have a race problem.

Forum List

Back