racism in Hollywood??

..I watch a lot of 70s shows and I see a lot of blacks
..considering they are/were 13% of the population, it '''seems'' they were given a lot of roles back then
example: Starsky and Hutch had 2 of the four main characters as black--that's a lot more than 13%
....I'm watching McCloud now, and there's a black character
again, racism ALL over and a HUGE problem is just a myth
The Best 1970s Black TV Shows

That is total bullshit. Dig a little deeper and see who the writers, producers, and copyright owners are. They are well over 60% white.
hahahhahahahahahah
whites are 67% of the population
....blacks graduate high school at lower levels = less qualified for college where they graduate lower = not many QUALIFIED at all for those jobs
...so the blacks are getting it BETTER than they are qualified for

Non Hispanic whites are 62% of the population dumbass.Applying your logic, whites are overrepresented in that field because Asians graduate at a higher rate than whites.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3BtkX3yrwEVe3AACbqi0sK
what??
babble

Learn to read and comprehend. It is not my responsibility to provide with a remedial education.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
..considering they are/were 13% of the population, it '''seems'' they were given a lot of roles back then
example: Starsky and Hutch had 2 of the four main characters as black--that's a lot more than 13%

That is total bullshit. Dig a little deeper and see who the writers, producers, and copyright owners are. They are well over 60% white.
So, Steve - why haven't you just moved on up?

I'd suggest the East side.

Perhaps a deluxe apartment in the sky.

Isn't it about time you finally got a piece of the pie?

I moved up and got my piece of the pie long ago "doggie''". I'm retired and sometimes watch reruns of the Beverly Hillbillies and HeeHaw, which remind me of quite a few of the characters in this forum.
That you, Jussie?

No. I am much older than him. And I'm not gay.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

hahahhahahahahahah
....blacks graduate high school at lower levels = less qualified for college where they graduate lower = not many QUALIFIED at all for those jobs

Non Hispanic whites are 62% of the population dumbass.Applying your logic, whites are overrepresented in that field because Asians graduate at a higher rate than whites.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAAegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3BtkX3yrwEVe3AACbqi0sK
what??
babble

Learn to read and comprehend. It is not my responsibility to provide with a remedial education.
thank you for the laughs ---really good

Don't forget the janitors and the guys that serve lunch.

Most of them are Hispanic. Google is your friend Look it up.

Some of them might be white. You need that to muddy the water and obfuscate the issue.

I don't "need" anything. This is not my thread. I don't care one way or another if any of them are white. They are not the majority of servers and custodians.

hahahhahahahahahah

what??
babble

thank you for the laughs ---really good

Ok. So you looked in the mirror. Yes. I'm certain that WAS humorous.

Some of them might be white. You need that to muddy the water and obfuscate the issue.

I don't "need" anything. This is not my thread. I don't care one way or another if any of them are white. They are not the majority of servers and custodians.
you are really ------emotional

you are really ------emotional

No. Highly amused. I would not waste an emotion on any one here.

Right above you felt the need to equate the writers to the stars of the show.

For ONE tv show

From the 19 fucking 70s.

So, I was just trying to help you out. Since any, and MY GOD, do I mean ANY, hint that blacks are not being oppressed somehow, seems to spark in you a "NEED" to fight it.

I moved up and got my piece of the pie long ago "doggie''". I'm retired and sometimes watch reruns of the Beverly Hillbillies and HeeHaw, which remind me of quite a few of the characters in this forum.
That you, Jussie?

….but like him, nothing has prevented you from succeeding, yet you still play the victim card.

If that white devil is keeping the brothers down, how is it that you are as comfortable as you are?

That you, Jussie?

….but like him, nothing has prevented you from succeeding, yet you still play the victim card.

If that white devil is keeping the brothers down, how is it that you are as comfortable as you are?

Provide an example of how I INDIVIDUALLY am playing victim.

You cannot because I haven't. You apply the same circular reasoning toward the majority of non white posters here, so that does not make a positive statement regarding your own intelligence.

I am as comfortable as I am after retiring from a job that I was a senior executive in because I worked hard for 35 years and invested MY money wisely.. Well enough for my wife to stay home and pay for my children's college education and pay for both of my homes in half of the time.

It was the kind of position that someone like you would automatically assume that I had "given to me".

So called "white devils" do not exist in my world. I have the good fortune of surrounding myself with who I choose to.

The only ones that I've encountered recently are some in this forum.

I will wait for your example. Other than that there is no need for you to address me.

Last edited:

For ONE tv show

From the 19 fucking 70s.

So, I was just trying to help you out. Since any, and MY GOD, do I mean ANY, hint that blacks are not being oppressed somehow, seems to spark in you a "NEED" to fight it.

That idiot Harmonica is the one who started this thread. Pointing out that black people are overrepresented in movies and television.And it was HIM who referenced movies from "19 fucking 70's"

Not I.

What I did was to point out that the majority of television shows and movies are written/produced by white people...THEY are normally the ones to select the cast for auditions and make the final decisions for the roles played.

That you, Jussie?

You cannot because I haven't. You apply the same circular reasoning toward the majority of non white posters here, so that does not make a positive statement regarding your own intelligence.

I am as comfortable as I am after retiring from a job that I was a senior executive in because I worked hard for 35 years and invested MY money wisely.. Well enough for my wife to stay home and pay for my children's college education and pay for both of my homes in half of the time.

It was the kind of position that someone like you would automatically assume that I had "given to me".

So called "white devils" do not exist in my world. I have the good fortune of surrounding myself with who I choose to.

I will wait for your example. Other than that there is no need for you to address me.

You worked hard for 35 years and invested wisely.You succeeded just like any other person succeeds whether white, black or Asian. You were also a good father seeing to it that your child valued education.

I have been talking about hard work and education all along, yet you align yourself quite firmly with the New Black panthers style rhetoric of IM#2 and marcatl. Why?

The very fact you succeeded should place you on the OPPOSITE side of the debate from these two extreme. race baiters.

For ONE tv show

From the 19 fucking 70s.

That idiot Harmonica is the one who started this thread. Pointing out that black people are overrepresented in movies and television.And it was HIM who referenced movies from "19 fucking 70's"

Not I.

What I did was to point out that the majority of television shows and movies are written/produced by white people...THEY are normally the ones to select the cast for auditions and make the final decisions for the roles played.

Yes, White liberals that choose to over represent blacks. That was his point.

Were you trying to agree with him?

That you, Jussie?

You worked hard for 35 years and invested wisely.You succeeded just like any other person succeeds whether white, black or Asian. You were also a good father seeing to it that your child valued education.

I have been talking about hard work and education all along, yet you align yourself quite firmly with the New Black panthers style rhetoric of IM#2 and marcatl. Why?

The very fact you succeeded should place you on the OPPOSITE side of the debate from these two extreme. race baiters.

The VERY FACT is that being the age that I am', there is quite a bit of HISTORY that they post that I saw and experienced personally.

And why are you concerned with who you PERCEIVE me to be "aligned" with?

That's is my business and no one else gets to dictate otherwise.

This forum is not where I would ever practice through my actions, who I am "aligned" with.
It is only entertainment and some occasional information. Some good and some bad. Other than that, it is a reminder of how wretched SOME people actually are when given the safety of anonymity.

Last edited:

For ONE tv show

From the 19 fucking 70s.

Not I.

It is very clear that I did not. And every white person in the industry in the role of casting is not a liberal.

To the majority it is not political at all. It is about how to make the most possible money from a production.

That you, Jussie?

The VERY FACT is that being the age that I am', there is quite a bit of HISTORY that they post that I saw and experienced personally.

This forum is not where I would ever practice through my actions, who I am "aligned" with.
It is only entertainment and some occasional information. Some good and some bad. Other than that, it is a reminder of how wretched SOME people actually are when given the safety of anonymity.
I've seen the agendas you support, dude.

Of course it is your business to support what you want but it is also my right to point it out. You don't play the victim game as relentlessly as the two mentioned, but you certainly do support them when they do.

I don't know any white fellows who feel any particular solidarity with whites simply because of skin color. This is all too common with blacks, however, as you have shown in this forum. You would rather hang with the virulently racist blacks than admit a white man has a point when he points out that there are no real impediments to the success that YOU have achieved personally.

For ONE tv show

From the 19 fucking 70s.

Not I.

It is very clear that I did not. And every white person in the industry in the role of casting is not a liberal.

To the majority it is not political at all. It is about how to make the most possible money from a production.

Funny, how when the shoe is on the other foot, ie some lib attacking some conservative, that such "reasons" never fly, it is also, "Evul Racist" and any attempt to saying anything else, is considered defending "racism" and thus "evul".

For ONE tv show

From the 19 fucking 70s.

Not I.

Funny, how when the shoe is on the other foot, ie some lib attacking some conservative, that such "reasons" never fly, it is also, "Evul Racist" and any attempt to saying anything else, is considered defending "racism" and thus "evul".

Who said anything about "racism"? I'm talking about business, and facts.

As far you politicizing this, and your obsession with turning every argument into a "corrupt liberal versus the virtuous right" is not even relevant.

It is a fact that conservative producers and screenwriters, as well as liberals in Hollywood also cast black actors.

It's not political....it's business.

Of course it is your business to support what you want but it is also my right to point it out. You don't play the victim game as relentlessly as the two mentioned, but you certainly do support them when they do.

I don't know any white fellows who feel any particular solidarity with whites simply because of skin color. This is all too common with blacks, however, as you have shown in this forum. You would rather hang with the virulently racist blacks than admit a white man has a point when he points out that there are no real impediments to the success that YOU have achieved personally.

That's your opinion. And I really do not care what you wish to "call out" or who you think you are to question what "agendas" that you THINK I support.....because you do not actually know.

In nearly 9 years I have posted less than 6500 times......"dude"

That is not much and certainly not enough to have a clue what anyone really has an agenda about at all.

How does someone "hang with anyone on an anonymous public message board? That is elementary school, playground absurdity.

I do not know how old you are, but I certainly can speak to first hand experience with REAL discrimination,.....the kind would likely have YOU curled up in a fetal position, sucking your thumb. under your bed.

It has nothing to do with "alignment based on skin color".

It is about how ones first hand experience over a relatively long lifetime bears SOME similarities to certain topics and historical information posted by some in this forum.

It also has to do with living through nearly SEVEN decades in this country and witnessing some of the same history that some ignorant people here who haven't lived half as long dismiss as "never occurring, or living in the past".

If you actually believe that you "see no solidarity between white fellows here based on skin color", you are either purposely lying or you are selectively blind when it is convenient for you.

Your issue here is that I may agree at times with certain people that YOU have a personal problem with, which is quite childish, but if you were REALLY as well informed as you claim to be as to your conclusions/opinions regarding what I believe and support, you failed miserably.

There are a number of non black people that I have agreed with in certain threads on numerous occassions over nearly 9 years in this same forum.

Last edited:

That's your opinion. And I really do not care what you wish to "call out" or who you think you are to question what "agendas" that you THINK I support.....because you do not actually know.

In nearly 9 years I have posted less than 6500 times......"dude"

That is not much and certainly not enough to have a clue what anyone really has an agenda about at all.

How does someone "hang with anyone on an anonymous public message board? That is elementary school, playground absurdity.

I do not know how old you are, but I certainly can speak to first hand experience with REAL discrimination,.....the kind would likely have YOU curled up in a fetal position, sucking your thumb. under your bed.

It has nothing to do with "alignment based on skin color".

It is about how ones first hand experience over a relatively long lifetime bears SOME similarities to certain topics and historical information posted by some in this forum.

It also has to do with living through nearly SEVEN decades in this country and witnessing some of the same history that some ignorant people here who haven't lived half as long dismiss as "never occurring, or living in the past".

If you actually believe that you "see no solidarity between white fellows here based on skin color", you are either purposely lying or you are selectively blind when it is convenient for you.

Your issue here is that I may agree at times with certain people that YOU have a personal problem with, which is quite childish, but if you were REALLY as well informed as you claim to be as to your conclusions/opinions regarding what I believe and support, you failed miserably.

There are a number of non black people that I have agreed with in certain threads on numerous occassions over nearly 9 years in this same forum.

I am well into my sixties and have dealt with real discrimination when my child was at the receiving end of violent racial attacks while in the Oakland school district, and those running it refused to do anything about it because of the races involved.

Care to try again?

As to the rest of your blather, you have shown yourself once again to be a dishonest individual. We both know with whom you have gone out of your way to share solidarity in other parts of the forum and his agenda is quite unmistakable.

You don't need 6000 posts to prove yourself in that regard.

Forum List

Back