Racism in Corvallis, Oregon.

All the Oregonians on this board would call this story BS.

Not everything is the fault of other people. A lot of what happens is because of ourselves.

You sound like a weirdo, I'm sure others are picking up on the same vibe.

I think WhatsTheAnswer sounds like a good person, alone in a new country and lonely. I'm ashamed of the assholes who replied with insults and proud of the people who responded with compassion. Whatever our lives have been like, all of us have been lonely...and none of us liked it. How much worse would it be to feel that it would never lift unless we moved?

Take up a hobby, best for meeting girls of course is tennis. But do something jogging club mixed softball etc. Outside of that force yourself to smile a lot and talk to them first. Many are oblivious to you and many are just as shy and scared as you. Idiots with name calling are not unique to corvalis at all. get a part time job bar tending and you'll have too many friends to handle full time school. Good luck grasshopper and harness yore chi.
Yoga class full of chicks porobably not bad.
see the like and go Rastafarian and you'll be the most in demand dude for sorority and frat parties.

to all the well wishers. For those who haven't read the entire thread, I just wanna summarize it a lill bit. I was a grad student in that shithole of a town called Corvallis. White people are known to be racist in a very smart way. They are good at hiding it.

Not so much here in California where I live right now and I have a white GF. I am normal enough to get a white GF in any of the big liberal cities of US.

The only reason why I am dragging this thread is to make the Indian guys realize that Oregon is not a place to land up especially if you are coming to US for grad studies. Portland is OK but DONT GO TO Oregon State University in Corvallis. That town is a shithole. People are nice on the outside but it will take you a long long time to realize how racist they are. You will finally see how clever the white people are when they behave in a racist manner. You will NEVER BE ONE AMONG THEM.

If you want that, go to New York/New Jesrey if you can but your best bet would be if you can get a job in California. It is definitely not free from racism but it is waaaaaay better than those shitty gray swamps of Oregon.

BTW.... I can say these things with authority now because I have managed to make very good white friends here (which happened during the last six months of my stay here) and
I know lot more about what the whites think of about other races. It is way to nasty to go into that shit in this thread.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back