Racism Equals Self-Hate

Racism, Misty, is a survival mechanism that we're hardwired to take notice of.

uh, no, it's not. But if it makes you feel good to believe that, then by all means, continue. :)

Genetics determine intelligence, behavior, morality, standards, habits, diseases... appearance is just one aspect. I sometimes wonder why people so fervently cling to the notion that "only appearance is determined by ancestry"... really?

Genetics determine intelligence, yes. diseases, yes... Behavior, morality, standards and habits, certainly not. Those are definitely learned traits, not inherited. I wouldn't say that ONLY appearance is determined by ancestry...but for the most part...regarding the things that truly matter such as character traits like kindness, empathy, honor, bravery, selflessness, determination, ect...those things are not determined by race.

My beliefs do play a (small) part. I believe in reincarnation. Experience is the greatest teacher.

IQ tests do have their limitations; hopefully you realize that. When you talk about "protecting and preserving" ethnicity, I realize how far apart in our thinking we are. In my eyes, we have already been all of it. What is there to protect?
Yours, I think, is a very tribal mentality. Not necessarily bad, but not necessarily good, either.

And as I said, there are many exceptions to the self-hating racist. But all of those exceptions include ignorance.

You're very incorrect. The experiences I have had taught me how much women the world over are exactly the same and how men of the world are exactly the same. :D

By your multiple posts, it would seem I hit a nerve with you. I wonder why that is?

tsk, tsk. Sunni, I thought you were Muslim. Aren't you supposed to at least pretend not to be racist?

Racism is merely one way that mankinds nature propensity for ethnocentrism manifests.

EVery society regardless of racial composition has an underclass that for one reason or the other that greater society fears.

If the world was entirely WHITE, I can assure you, there'd STILL BE one group of people that was treated like dogs.

You have an interesting point... And really it serves to strengthen my position that the racism is not a reflection of lack on the part of this "underclass" (I'm thinking of caste system in India) but rather a lack on the part of those who would attach themselves to such thoughts to soothe their small self esteems.
I think to put it in simpler terms...racism is a lack of love. Love starts with the self.

So, many will still wander around in the wilderness of misguided misanthropy. There is no redeeming someone who will not be redeemed.

There is always hope.

But the chances are slim. Considering how much it would hurt to admit that what I'm saying is true.

you should try looking into identical twin studies if you dont believe character traits are influenced by genetics. twins raised apart often have idiosyncratic mannerisms that match their sibling.

'executive function' is another set of character traits that is found to be highly heritible, even moreso than intelligence (but it has not caught the attention of the PC police yet).

genetics is a powerful force in the physical and behavioural outcomes of every individual. the more we learn about genetic influence, the smaller the island of egalitarian doubt becomes.

Forum List

Back