Racism Equals Self-Hate

mystic

soul on legs
I grew up not even realizing that racism existed until I reached an age of about 12. Primarily because my parents did not speak of it and were not bigoted or judgmental in actions or words, and the primary school that I attended in a very affluent area had very few black students and they were immensely popular.

When I became aware of the concept, it was mind blowing to me. Even as I have aged, the concept is still mind blowing to me. Sexism in comparison is easily understandable. Considering that men and women are wired very differently, have different goals and objectives, are physically very different and even think differently…it can actually make sense. It doesn’t make it right, but it can make sense why there would be sexism.

Racism, however, does not make sense. I share more defining characteristics with a black female than I do with a white male. Race is very superficial and skin color really determines no other inner characteristic. Culture is a whole different matter, but it too has very superficial characteristics. Meaning, that same being could be raised in varying cultures, and it is just the society, culture and or religion that has placed a wash of characteristics on the being.

It is definitely nurture over nature.

Considering racism today, I asked myself how it could be possible for one human being to hate millions of other human beings based on something as superficial as skin color. And my answer was: It’s not.

It’s not possible to hate or even dislike millions of people you’ve never met. Racism is nothing more than a projection of self-hate. Dislike or even hate for oneself is a very difficult thing to deal with. Rare are the people who have this negative self image and actually own it and recognize it consciously. Those who do so can be recognized by their consciously self destructive actions (for example: cutting).

Since the hate or negative feelings towards oneself are so very difficult to deal with, they are pushed back to the subconscious and from there projected onto an infinitely more satisfying and safe target: the “Other”.

It allows one with a negative self image to disown the feelings and place them somewhere easier to deal with. It also allows for a great deal of subconscious justification and rationalization. “Why does my life suck? It’s because of the Other. The Other is the reason for my dissatisfaction.”

Think about it; how many happy racists are there? The few I’ve met were very unsatisfied and unhappy with their lives and showed it in words and actions. Now conversely, how many truly happy people are racist? None.

Love for oneself transfers easily intro love for all others. Indeed, it is the same thing.

There are exceptions under this premise…For example, there are people who were “taught” to be racist by their parents and upbringing, we see this with some of the older generation. Some of them come out of it by their own growth, but even those who don’t, their “racism” is a thin veneer of nurture and does not carry with it the burden of the hate or dislike. It’s also something that can be easily overturned by the right experience and by gaining knowledge and awareness.

Conversely, the hard core racist will probably never change their beliefs and it would be almost impossible. For to do so would involve a very uncomfortable amount of self reflection…

True racists should be contained but treated gently. Think of them as abused children who lash out. Can they be dangerous? Certainly, but they do deserve a fair amount of pity.

What a bunch of psycho babble and just plain nonsense.

I have known several avowed racists during my life and none of them were "self haters" as you describe them.

They were actually quite happy with their marriages, kids, careers; and liked to play/watch sports and had hobbies like golfing or fishing on the weekends, just like anyone else.

Yes, they were hard core racists, but that didn't define them; it was just one area of their personality and life.

Being a racist isn't a personality disorder.

It's just a choice about what you believe and want to accept as your reality.

Thank you, Sunni Man, for redressing the imbalance of nonsense from someone who's clearly been aware of racism for most of her life, but felt the bizarre need (that's found almost exclusively among whites) to affirm her position among the PC tribe.

Racism, Misty, is a survival mechanism that we're hardwired to take notice of. You can't ignore natural indicators, no matter how hard you try. Coincidentally, has anyone noticed how these "racists" rarely feature in the victims of knife and gun crime statistics? Do you think that might have something to do with their refusal to let PC indoctrination overide their instincts?

Race is very superficial and skin color really determines no other inner characteristic.

Genetics and evolution say otherwise. The "it's just skin color" argument is like saying the only difference between a blue Yugo and a red Porshe is the paint. Genetics determine intelligence, behavior, morality, standards, habits, diseases... appearance is just one aspect. I sometimes wonder why people so fervently cling to the notion that "only appearance is determined by ancestry"... really? Why would you separate physical make-up from mental make-up? I guess theology has something to do with it (i.e., we're all equal before God), and that's cool, but why blind yourself to the obvious?

Racism is nothing more than a projection of self-hate. Dislike or even hate for oneself is a very difficult thing to deal with.

Here's another persistent delusion of the race-denial crowd that really irks me. I am sure that somewhere out there, you can find a redneck white guy in a trailer who likes to laugh about blacks on welfare because they make him look good by comparison. But by and large, preferring your own race and wanting to protect and preserve your own ethnicity has nothing to do with self-hate. Yet this has somehow become the pop psychological analysis of the race-deniers on USMB...

"You've achieved nothing in life, you just want to blame your problems on others." A nice import from the response to black complaints of racism, yeah, but sorry: most academics, writers or other pro-white activists aren't really coming from there.

Recognizing that blacks have lower IQ's isn't really a product of self-hatred -- it's a product of recognizing a fact.

Conversely, the hard core racist will probably never change their beliefs and it would be almost impossible. For to do so would involve a very uncomfortable amount of self reflection…

Actually, I think the opposite is going on: the hard-core race denier will find it very uncomfortable to change his beliefs.

I started in life as anyone else on issues of race. My parents were liberal, I watched 'The Cosby Show'. When the "Bell Curve" hit, the notion actually made me pretty upset. If races are inherently different, well, that blows an entire world-view that I invested decades in building. Bummer, dude.

But the more I poked around this forbidden topic, the clearer the reality of it became, and so much of the "inexplicable" aspects of modern life started to make sense. Inner-city squalor, despite decades of sending them billions, isn't so crazy when you consider where that all comes from.

Last edited:
It’s also something that can be easily overturned by the right experience and by gaining knowledge and awareness.

Uh huh... this one's straight out of the "Diversity in the Workplace" training materials, but it's a load of bullshit. In reality, the more "experience" you have with non-whites, the more you discover how different they are.

And you know, you have to wonder how "easily overturned" "racism" really is, since -- if you're correct that race is superficial -- there must be a whole damn lot of it to explain the social pathologies plaguing Hispanics and blacks. Imagine that! Centuries after slavery, with a black president in the White House, we sure do have a lot of "racism". Yeah.

Last edited:
Think about it; how many happy racists are there? The few I’ve met were very unsatisfied and unhappy with their lives and showed it in words and actions. Now conversely, how many truly happy people are racist? None.

Here let me just observe that there are really two kinds of racist:

1. The Instinctive Racist.
2. The Considered Racist.

The Instinctive Racist -- I'm being charitable here -- is that grubby old lower-class white guy who talks about "them *******." Now, his feelings may be justified, but I know how that goes over -- he sounds like a moron and probably has little refinement, education or worldly experience.

The Considered Racist, by contrast, is typified by the American Renaissance conference attendee... a learned person of some accomplishment who's ventured into forbidden intellectual terrain after being unable to turn away from the distinct possibility that yes, multiculturalism is a bigger failure than communism.

I'm sure some IR's are unhappy. Most CR's are not.

To assert that no "truly happy person" is racist is just fantastical.

Last edited:
Sadly, whites are taught to worship at the PC diversity alter and ignore the reality around them concerning non whites. :cool:

A partner in thoughtcrime calls multiculturalism the "state religion". So true. It has all the markers: you must believe in it or face punishment.

Racism, Misty, is a survival mechanism that we're hardwired to take notice of.

Makes sense. Our genes want to make copies of themselves so they force us to associate and mate with people that look like us and thus may be related to us - kinship selection. Those same genes force us to reject those that look different and are thus unlikely to be relatives.

Racism, Misty, is a survival mechanism that we're hardwired to take notice of.

Makes sense. Our genes want to make copies of themselves so they force us to associate and mate with people that look like us and thus may be related to us - kinship selection. Those same genes force us to reject those that look different and are thus unlikely to be relatives.

A good treatment of this is in Frank Salter's book, On Genetic Interests.

Racism, Misty, is a survival mechanism

Yeah, like being scared of the dark is, or of thunder and lightening, or of dogs. The thing is, anyone who has actually grown up and is capable of rational thought has gotten over such primitive fears. An evolved human being who was raised in a rational environment need never harbor such base, animalistic fears. Some who are particularly weak-minded (or who evolution and socialization apparently 'skipped') spend their miserable little lives ruled by such primitive and unnecessary fears. Cowards give in to their fears easily, and idiots can't understand why such things are foolish and counterproductive.

Blacks are far more violent and hateful towards whites. So we whites should take it up the ass???

Black average of White murders / Black average population per 100,000 1061 / 33,534,800 x 100,000 = 3.16

White average of Black murders / White average population per 100,000 409 / 219,663,200 x 100,000 = 0.186
3.16/0.186 = 16.99

BLACKS ARE 17 TIMES (1700%) MORE LIKELY TO KILL WHITES THAN WHITES ARE TO KILL BLACKS

So, do you think the ratios are insignificant? What if White people killed blacks at the same rate that blacks killed whites?? Let x = dead negroes killed between 1994-2003
x / 219,663,000 x 100,000 = 3.16
x = (3.16)(219,663,000) / 100,000
x = 6941 per year
6941 x 10 years = 69,410 dead negroes

This is over TEN THOUSAND MORE DEATHS THAN WERE SUFFERED BY AMERICANS DURING THE ENTIRE VIET NAM WAR.
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/ovrace.txt http://www.census.gov/population/es.../intfile3-1.txt

You think whites shouldn't be affraid of shit like this????

The latest NYPD statistics show that crime is centered overwhelmingly in minority-group neighborhoods — buttressing a key argument Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly makes to justify his controversial stop-and-frisk policy.
Citing an NYPD analysis of stats for the first six months of the year, Kelly said Wednesday that 96% of shooting victims are black or Hispanic — and in 97% of all shootings, the trigger was pulled by other blacks and Hispanics.Kelly in recent months has repeatedly said minority-group leaders and civil liberties advocates complain about stop-and-frisk tactics but do nothing to help combat crime in minority neighborhoods.
A review of the statistics, contained in a report, “Crime Enforcement Activity in New York City,” shows that minority-group members also represent 89% of murder victims — and 86% of murder suspects. There are similar numbers for felony assaults — 81% of victims are minorities, as are 88% of the suspects.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nypd-s...8#ixzz25tByjevw

Forum List

Back