Racism does not exist!

SpidermanTuba

Rookie
May 7, 2004
New Orleans, Louisiana
Racism doesn't exist, except black on white, of course.

And the fact that numerous adds on Katrina housing sites - where people offering their homes up to evacuees can post - say "white only"

The following are found in the NOLA.com housing section.

Oh this one "prefers" she not get a blackie, but if that's all you got, oh well!

"Would love to take a child, either girl or boy who is an orphan, to give them a new home & love. Would prefer white or hispanic, but won't say no to any child. Have any 8 year old daughter,who wants to be an older sister !!!!!"

This one likes pets, but not blacks!

"Free studio apartment for the right Katrina victom. Relocate to SE NC. Detached studio apartment. Close to beach, good job opportunity, good hunting and fishing. Free rent up to 6 months for the right person. White male or couple prefered. Cable, water, trash, power included. Pet negotiable."

Hope you're white!

"One bedroom apartment rent free for the right Katrina victom in Southeastern NC. Close to beach. Single white male, or couple preferred. Someone who likes to hunt or fish a plus. Good fishing and hunting close by. Will also help find job. Smoker ok, pets negotiable. If you want more info let me know."

Oh he's not racist - his landlord is! Sure!

"Space available in Baton Rouge for 2-3 white males ages 20-45. (I'm not prejudiced, but will lose my apartment otherwise! So please do not complain.) Smoking outside OK. Will help find work or school and permanent place to live."

SpidermanTuba said:

And the fact that numerous adds on Katrina housing sites - where people offering their homes up to evacuees can post - say "white only"

Oh this one "prefers" she not get a blackie, but if that's all you got, oh well!

"Would love to take a child, either girl or boy who is an orphan, to give them a new home & love. Would prefer white or hispanic, but won't say no to any child. Have any 8 year old daughter,who wants to be an older sister !!!!!"

"Free studio apartment for the right Katrina victom. Relocate to SE NC. Detached studio apartment. Close to beach, good job opportunity, good hunting and fishing. Free rent up to 6 months for the right person. White male or couple prefered. Cable, water, trash, power included. Pet negotiable."

Hope you're white!

"One bedroom apartment rent free for the right Katrina victom in Southeastern NC. Close to beach. Single white male, or couple preferred. Someone who likes to hunt or fish a plus. Good fishing and hunting close by. Will also help find job. Smoker ok, pets negotiable. If you want more info let me know."

"Space available in Baton Rouge for 2-3 white males ages 20-45. (I'm not prejudiced, but will lose my apartment otherwise! So please do not complain.) Smoking outside OK. Will help find work or school and permanent place to live."

Spiderman. Seriously, do you ever think racism will completely dissappear? OF course not.

If you want to truly gauge how America stands, you have to compare our current situation with our past, and with other countries. Are we better than we were , say 20 years ago. YES!

Are we less racists than other countries? YES! (If you doubt that, get out and travel some, trust me, I have flown transcontinental 10 times in the last two years and am leaving again on the 18th-Hey, I gotta give Nightmarish a break! :) )

Fact is, its about as good as its gonna get. The one single biggest factor the black community could do to lessen racism at this point is to "get with the program".

They have a choice, become more and more mainstream America, or retain their seperate identity. You cant have it both ways. If they wish to hold onto their seperate identity, i.e. black culture, then those whom they are seperating themselves from, will respect their wishes.

I really can understand if a lady who is in her fifties would be fearful of a young black guy showing up in baggie pants, lots of bling, and talking street talk with a car stereo that will "rock her out of bed in the morning".

Now, Im sure if a "Larry Elder" showed up, she would probably reconsider, and rent to them, but hey, we do get our impressions from MTV dont we?

LuvRPgrl said:
Spiderman. Seriously, do you ever think racism will completely dissappear? OF course not.

If you want to truly gauge how America stands, you have to compare our current situation with our past, and with other countries. Are we better than we were , say 20 years ago. YES!

Are we less racists than other countries? YES! (If you doubt that, get out and travel some, trust me, I have flown transcontinental 10 times in the last two years and am leaving again on the 18th-Hey, I gotta give Nightmarish a break! :) )

Fact is, its about as good as its gonna get. The one single biggest factor the black community could do to lessen racism at this point is to "get with the program".

They have a choice, become more and more mainstream America, or retain their seperate identity. You cant have it both ways. If they wish to hold onto their seperate identity, i.e. black culture, then those whom they are seperating themselves from, will respect their wishes.

I really can understand if a lady who is in her fifties would be fearful of a young black guy showing up in baggie pants, lots of bling, and talking street talk with a car stereo that will "rock her out of bed in the morning".

Now, Im sure if a "Larry Elder" showed up, she would probably reconsider, and rent to them, but hey, we do get our impressions from MTV dont we?

I agree. The Institutional racism is long gone from American society. The government can encourage integration through education and public policy. But there is no way the government would be able to force people to believe racism is wrong if they dont want to believe it.

I also agree that one of the ways racism could end is if the black culture more fully integrated with the rest of American culture. Interestingly enough African Immigrants dont have any problem integrating or succeeding in America. Mainly because they arent products of the culture that everyone is out to get them.

racisim, interesting, i do not see a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race....being articulated in these adds

i see the practice, or an instance of discriminating categorically rather than individually.

on line dictonary search tools are cool....

manu1959 said:
racisim, interesting, i do not see a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race....being articulated in these adds

i see the practice, or an instance of discriminating categorically rather than individually.

on line dictonary search tools are cool....
Now ya did it, you exposed the left wing use of the term “racism” to mislead the public and spoiled my fun with the Spider.. DAMN YOU!!!! :cry:

Imagine that - people actually expressing preferences as to who stays in their homes with them. Those BASTARDS!

How about putting your money where your mouth is, Spiderman? Where's YOUR ad?

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
Mr. P said:
Now ya did it, you exposed the left wing use of the term “racism” to mislead the public and spoiled my fun with the Spider.. DAMN YOU!!!! :cry:

somehow i doubt he will agree with anything i posted....so play away

SpidermanTuba said:

Hope you're white!

So what is your suggestion?

By the way...there were African-American families here in Memphis who refused to open their homes to other African-American evacuees from N.O.

When the TV stations ask them why, they replied, "I know how we are, I don't want my stuff stole."

• Thanks
Reactions: dmp
I also agree that one of the ways racism could end is if the black culture more fully integrated with the rest of American culture.

Its obviously their fault for listening to hip hop instead of country.

Mainly because they arent products of the culture that everyone is out to get them.

I would have no idea where this culture comes from. Except that 50% of all the landlords I've ever had expressed in one way or another that they don't like to rent to blacks.

I have never heard even one landlord ever state that they don't like to rent to blacks. I think you are stating fictional anecdotal evidence.

GotZoom said:
So what is your suggestion?

By the way...there were African-American families here in Memphis who refused to open their homes to other African-American evacuees from N.O.

When the TV stations ask them why, they replied, "I know how we are, I don't want my stuff stole."

How many families was this? A few hundred?

There are Jews who are anti-Semitic. Therefore, it is OK to hate Jews.

no1tovote4 said:
I have never heard even one landlord ever state that they don't like to rent to blacks. I think you are stating fictional anecdotal evidence.

"I don't like to rent to some kinds of people, if you know what i mean"

"I prefer not to rent to women. Or blacks"

I suppose you don't live in the South. Here, people have no problem expressing their racism. Elsewhere, people prefer to keep their racist tendencies secret.

SpidermanTuba said:
"I don't like to rent to some kinds of people, if you know what i mean"

"I prefer not to rent to women. Or blacks"

I suppose you don't live in the South. Here, people have no problem expressing their racism. Elsewhere, people prefer to keep their racist tendencies secret.

I live in the West, there is little racism evident in CO. Far less than other states I have been to. Illinois was the worst that I have ever seen.

Every other claim of racism connected with Katrina was exposed as a fraud; this one will probably be the same.

Secondly, Spidey, did it ever occur to you that black families renting rooms in their homes are just as likely to have a preference for a black tenant? Oh, wait, you must think that only whites can be racist. Puh-leeze. :rolleyes:

You really are the cliche lib. Everyone is a victim, Bush is evil, the USA is always wrong, whites are racist, there should be no limits on lawsuits, the world is coming to an end, :blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

Did I miss any?

Abbey Normal said:
Every other claim of racism connected with Katrina was exposed as a fraud; this one will probably be the same.

Secondly, Spidey, did it ever occur to you that black families renting rooms in their homes are just as likely to have a preference for a black tenant? Oh, wait, you must think that only whites can be racist. Puh-leeze. :rolleyes:

You really are the cliche lib. Everyone is a victim, Bush is evil, the USA is always wrong, whites are racist, there should be no limits on lawsuits, the world is coming to an end, :blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

Did I miss any?
Yeah, he's a know it all kid, makes us moot.:eek:

Forum List

Back