Racism and the GOP ?

Does anybody in here really care who is black or white? I don't...
Everyone thought Obama would be the guy to solidify this.. Seems people were wrong.
What a disappointment... All he has done is cause racial tensions...... How?
Statements he has made.. Other US elected officials accusations and the liberal media's big shit stirring lying mouths.
Before Obama things were cool...... Socially Race relations had been going in the right direction.
It wasn't something talked about anymore.. It was a forgotten issue.

Last edited:
Does anybody in here really care who is black or white? I don't...
Everyone thought Obama would be the guy to solidify this.. Seems people were wrong.
What a disappointment... All he has done is cause racial tensions...... How?
Statements he has made.. Other US elected officials accusations and the liberal media's big shit stirring lying mouths.
Before Obama things were cool...... Socially Race relations had been going in the right direction.
It wasn't something talked about anymore.. It was a forgotten issue.

I didn't know they had computers in mental institutions.

GOP big money is currently attempting to bring back Jim Crow by creating voter registration rules. They have done this since the Blacks changed parties in the sixties and LBJ and MLK initiated voting rights.

GOP has attempted for years to modify or even not support voting rights passed by LBJ.

GOP has constantly used the race card and pretending it is now reversed is on enormous subterfuge. "This was the old Republican playbook, which was well crafted during the Nixon years and named the “Southern Strategy”. In 1964 and 1968, the overtly racist George Wallace ran for President on his own party ticket. Wallace’s run created the basis for a racist coalition against the victories of the civil rights movement. It was this coalition that was adopted by Nixon into the Republican Party, and which became its base for the next 30 years. A combination of poor whites, whose only claim to dignity was that they were legally superior to blacks, and the big business faction threw its support behind the racist populism of Republicans." Vijay Prashad Vijay Prashad: Racist Grammar

"MYTH: Affirmative action is reverse discrimination, it gives preferential treatment to people of color and women.

FACT: Racism is power plus discrimination. The parameters of discrimination based on race are distinguished by the power dynamics. Reverse racism is not, therefore a reality if people of color are not in positions of power and perpetrating the discrimination. An Urban Institute study shows that less that 100 of 3000 cases could be considered reverse discrimination. Less that six of those cases were deemed by the court to be substantiated." Talking About Affirmative Action

Oddball, aka Dude, always good to hear from a long time fan, I enjoyed our last discussion but your education is preceding too slowly. Have you read any of the books I suggested? If mom isn't available there are dictionaries online to help you. Ask again if you still need help. Your buddy, mc5

Oddball said:
Hi, you have received -529 reputation points from Oddball.
Reputation was given for this post.

Comment:
here\'s some more, you whiny fucking asshole

Regards,
Oddball

Note: This is an automated message.

Patrick, your threads are way too moronically narrow minded for comment, but keep trying. If you need advice or help understanding a a concept or a big word let me know I can help.

Patrick2 said:
Hi, you have received -4 reputation points from Patrick2.

Comment:
name calling

Regards,
Patrick2

This tread may be my highest ever rep count thread. You know you are on to something with this much attention. I thank my supporters and readers.

"Many have asked why did Johnson take civil rights so seriously and what was his motivation? Lyndon Johnson was motivated by memories of his own poverty ridden childhood and also his strong belief that helping minorities would be of spiritual and economic benefit to all Americans. Johnson also believed that racial discrimination was ironically damaging the economy of his beloved South and that the area would have to abandon its racist attitudes to gain economic prosperity. Despite Johnson’s ambitions he was also a caring and compassionate man." Lyndon Johnson

A bit of the complexity of racism today, check it and others out. Tim Wise | Red Room Writer Profile | Red Room

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXPyOMIRh5A]‪GRITtv: Tim Wise: Race and the Social Safety Net‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

GOP big money is currently attempting to bring back Jim Crow by creating voter registration rules. They have done this since the Blacks changed parties in the sixties and LBJ and MLK initiated voting rights.

GOP has attempted for years to modify or even not support voting rights passed by LBJ.

GOP has constantly used the race card and pretending it is now reversed is on enormous subterfuge. "This was the old Republican playbook, which was well crafted during the Nixon years and named the “Southern Strategy”. In 1964 and 1968, the overtly racist George Wallace ran for President on his own party ticket. Wallace’s run created the basis for a racist coalition against the victories of the civil rights movement. It was this coalition that was adopted by Nixon into the Republican Party, and which became its base for the next 30 years. A combination of poor whites, whose only claim to dignity was that they were legally superior to blacks, and the big business faction threw its support behind the racist populism of Republicans." Vijay Prashad Vijay Prashad: Racist Grammar

"MYTH: Affirmative action is reverse discrimination, it gives preferential treatment to people of color and women.

FACT: Racism is power plus discrimination. The parameters of discrimination based on race are distinguished by the power dynamics. Reverse racism is not, therefore a reality if people of color are not in positions of power and perpetrating the discrimination. An Urban Institute study shows that less that 100 of 3000 cases could be considered reverse discrimination. Less that six of those cases were deemed by the court to be substantiated." Talking About Affirmative Action

Oddball, aka Dude, always good to hear from a long time fan, I enjoyed our last discussion but your education is preceding too slowly. Have you read any of the books I suggested? If mom isn't available there are dictionaries online to help you. Ask again if you still need help. Your buddy, mc5

Oddball said:

Comment:

Regards,
Oddball

Patrick, your threads are way too moronically narrow minded for comment, but keep trying. If you need advice or help understanding a a concept or a big word let me know I can help.

Patrick2 said:

Comment:
name calling

Regards,
Patrick2

This tread may be my highest ever rep count thread. You know you are on to something with this much attention. I thank my supporters and readers.

"Many have asked why did Johnson take civil rights so seriously and what was his motivation? Lyndon Johnson was motivated by memories of his own poverty ridden childhood and also his strong belief that helping minorities would be of spiritual and economic benefit to all Americans. Johnson also believed that racial discrimination was ironically damaging the economy of his beloved South and that the area would have to abandon its racist attitudes to gain economic prosperity. Despite Johnson’s ambitions he was also a caring and compassionate man." Lyndon Johnson

A bit of the complexity of racism today, check it and others out. Tim Wise | Red Room Writer Profile | Red Room

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXPyOMIRh5A]‪GRITtv: Tim Wise: Race and the Social Safety Net‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

What part of "You're a race-baiting douche-bag" don't you understand???:eusa_angel:

Just because you post a few articles and a video... that makes you onto something.

I'd say you are More like ON SOMETHING.

Just because you post a few articles and a video... that makes you onto something.

I'd say you are More like ON SOMETHING.

Yes, but it also may mean I am on to something. Would you like more, or are you comfortable in your cave?

"In the year since I issued a prepared statement regarding President Obama speaking to the Nation's school children, I have learned a great deal about the party I so deeply loved and served. Unfortunately, I found that many within the GOP have racist views and I apologize to the President for my opposition to his speech last year and my efforts to placate the extremists who dominate our Party today. My children and I look forward to the President's speech." Jim Greer Disgraced Party Chair Apologizes for GOP Racism | Talking Points Memo

"The October newsletter by the Chaffey Community Republican Women, Federated says if Obama is elected his image will appear on food stamps -- instead of dollar bills like other presidents. The statement is followed by an illustration of "Obama Bucks" -- a phony $10 bill featuring Obama's face on a donkey's body, labeled "United States Food Stamps." The Washington Monthly

The Progressive Puppy: More GOP Racism, this time from "Young" Republicans

Oddball said:

Comment:

Regards,
Oddball

Patrick2 said:

Comment:
name calling

Regards,
Patrick2

There are none so blind...

This is an example of the frequent bald-faced lying by the leftwing.

From wiki re the 25 year re-up of the act in 2006:

The bill to renew the Act was passed by the U.S. House of Representatives on July 13 by a vote of 390-33, with support from Republican House leadership, led by Judiciary Committee Chairman F. James Sensenbrenner, Jr.. The U.S. Senate passed the bill 98–0 on July 20.[6] President George W. Bush signed the bill in a morning ceremony on the South Lawn of the White House on July 27, 2006, one year in advance of the 2007 expiration date.[6]

It is curious that if an opponent uses Wikipedia it suddenly is not a source of factual information, but if a wingnut uses it, it becomes the bible. Republican opposition to voting rights has existed at least since FDR and after LBJ's great work it increased greatly. Why do wingnuts on the right deny racism, they are the first to criticize political correctness but somehow the reality of racists and the republican party eludes them? They have to hide their racists, and as the quote above in the OP shows, code words change, they have to change. There are so many instances of racist tactics in the republican party it is not worth posting them all, but here are a few good ones. Today the republicans even want to control the youth vote as the young are more tolerant than the old, and tolerance is not a republican virtue. The People the GOP Would Rather Not Have Vote - Politics - The Atlantic Wire Shoot the messenger, shoot the source, history still remains true.

"...Today, just as the vote to renew the Voting Rights Act was about to take place, some members of the Republican Party met behind closed doors and decided to stall the vote. Their reason? That some of the requirements of the act were no longer relevant to key southern states that historically have tried to prevent African Americans from voting. Two Congressmen from Georgia, Lynn Westmoreland and Jack Kingston, led the movement to delay the vote, and they were joined by 78 other Republicans." Group of Republicans stalls renewal of Voting Rights Act | Mother Jones

"In addition to presidential campaigns, Democratic charges of racism have been made about subsequent Republican campaigns for the House of Representatives and Senate in the South. The Willie Horton commercials used by supporters of George H. W. Bush against Michael Dukakis in the election of 1988 were considered by many Democrats, including Jesse Jackson, Lloyd Bentsen, and many newspaper editors, to be racist. The 1990 re-election campaign of Jesse Helms attacked his opponent's alleged support of "racial quotas," most notably through an ad in which a white person's hands are seen crumpling a letter indicating that he was denied a job because of the color of his skin." see youtube below #1

"...Goldwater made the decision to oppose the Civil Rights Act of 1964. His stance was based on his view that the act was an intrusion of the federal government into the affairs of states and, second, that the Act interfered with the rights of private persons to do business, or not, with whomever they chose." Donaldson, Liberalism's last hurrah: the presidential campaign of 1964 (2003) pp 152–79

#1 [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIyewCdXMzk]‪Jesse Helms "Hands" ad‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT8ukEUuSGE]‪Racist RNC AD‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

"Democratic President Lyndon B. Johnson disavowed the defense of states’ rights, which had characterized the ideology and platform of his own party for one and a half century, and made a point of righting ancient southern wrongs through such federal legislation as the 1964 Civil Rights Act and the 1965 Voting Rights Act. On the other hand, the Republican Party, which had advocated African Americans’ claims since its establishment in the mid 19th century, tried to become the champion of the opponents of racial integration as its 1964 standard-bearer for the White House, Barry Goldwater, had been among the Senators who had opposed the Civil Rights Act and was against the resort to busing as a means for reducing racial unbalance in public schools. Such a stand certainly let Goldwater carry five Deep South states – Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Georgia, and South Carolina – besides his home state of Arizona."

Forum List

Back