racism alive and well in the north

o the uproar that would go on if this had happened in the south..what do you smug self rightous fucking yankees have to say about this?

That it isn't any different than when I took my white red-headed kid to the municipal pool in the City where I work, and 10 black kids gathered around and said "Watcha doin' here, whitey?"

"There was concern that a lot of kids would change the complexion … and the atmosphere of the club," John Duesler, President of The Valley Swim Club said in a statement.[/I]

That is pretty funny.

You know you can "catch" black, dontcha? :rolleyes:

Gets weirder, many links at site:

JustOneMinute: Ride The High Horse

July 11, 2009

Ride The High Horse

News: A mostly white pool club in a Philadelphia suburb kicks out 65 black day-campers, fearing that they will "change the complexion" of the club. Or, maybe there was a legitimate safety issue. The Valley Club story has been picked up by the NY Times, the LA Times, the WaPo, USA Today, the AP, CNN, ABC News, and many more. Left unreported in all major news outlets - club chairman John Duesler is an Obama supporter and determined progressive....

Sounds like de facto racism to me.

I read the private club's response and it doesn't wash.

I think it's bullshit from the facts posted.

Asking "what are all those black kids doing here" isn't racist either, btw. Just using black as a descriptive word.

I'm scared they might do something to my child is clearly racist.

It is a membership only pool. If the kids (parents) were members and they had membership cards then there is a issue. If not the NAACP (or other interested parties) needs to take legal action against the club for discrimination in their membership requirements.

Forum List

Back