Rachel Maddow takes idiocy to a new level.

I build movie props for a hobby. I take full advantage of the tax deduction for my hobby. I am not rich.

You were saying something about different rules???

Dumb ass.

Except the Romney's are getting the deduction AS a hobby are they, fuckface?

You seem to like the name calling so I'm nothing but accommodating...
If they are not getting the deduction as a hobby, then what are you bitching about by saying 'getting a tax write off for your hobby is kinda fucked up', dipshit???

Over a $77,000 loss and revenue of $211 is gaming the system. There's no intent to make a profit, its a scam to get the American people to subsidize his "hobby".

I would love to know in what universe does one need to be interested in a business or sport to invest in it?

Maddow is mocking Romney for owning a horse that is apparently partaking in the Olympics..

Apparently because Ann Romney likes horses and Mitt bought her a champion breed horse that means Mitt should allegedly love horses to boot...

Lots of successful people give gifts and lots of successful people make investments into ideas they could care less about - just as long as it's a lucrative investment that's all that matters. No that bitch sees something wrong with that....

I don't see Maddow the idiot giving Wayne Gretzky shit for buying the T206 Honus Wagner for a million bucks.. Then again Gretzky isn't Romney "the republican"....

Rachel Maddow Dredges Up Old 2002-era Anti-Romney Conspiracy Theory to Try and Claim Mitt Romney Lied | Video | TheBlaze.com

Oh then she goes on about Romney and his tax records..... Really?? All this while she defends Obamafucks cloaked past????????

1. Maddow isn't "mocking" Romney..she's asking some legitimate questions. The horse, according to Romney, is a hobby. Yet it is written off as an tax expense for business, to the tune of $77,000.

2. Gretsky isn't running for anything.

3. Obama released over a decade of tax returns. The precedent followed by most Presidential candidates.

You idiots prove you don't own any assets whatsoever....

Fucking pathetic....

Do you all seriously work at Burger King?

I'm not a CPA or an expert on taxes - however I did learn something growing up as the son of an accountant....

I'm not interested in writing dissertations or thesis' on depreciation....

The best i can say would be to say what if the government taxed you $5,000 on your $2,500 dollar Chevy work van that you use for your own business???

Now that is just a simple example tax accountants have to deal with...

Where I work..or what my asset sheet looks like isn't really germane to your thread.

Part of the rationale for having presidents release their tax returns was to give the voter a look into how a candidate conducts their personal affairs as it relates to their finances.

One of the arguments for the big tax cuts for the wealthy..was that it creates jobs, because the wealthy re-invest in the economy.

Romney offers a slice of how that theory plays out. Not only did he get tax cuts for income not derived from labor of any type..he continued to use accounting tricks to keep more money.

And it seems he wants to continue this policy.

It makes no sense in the time of debt and deficit.

1. Maddow isn't "mocking" Romney..she's asking some legitimate questions. The horse, according to Romney, is a hobby. Yet it is written off as an tax expense for business, to the tune of $77,000.

3. Obama released over a decade of tax returns. The precedent followed by most Presidential candidates.

Fucking pathetic....

I'm not a CPA or an expert on taxes - however I did learn something growing up as the son of an accountant....

The best i can say would be to say what if the government taxed you $5,000 on your $2,500 dollar Chevy work van that you use for your own business???

Where I work..or what my asset sheet looks like isn't really germane to your thread.

Part of the rationale for having presidents release their tax returns was to give the voter a look into how a candidate conducts their personal affairs as it relates to their finances.

One of the arguments for the big tax cuts for the wealthy..was that it creates jobs, because the wealthy re-invest in the economy.

Romney offers a slice of how that theory plays out. Not only did he get tax cuts for income not derived from labor of any type..he continued to use accounting tricks to keep more money.

Apparently you have no concept as to what an asset is....

Swallow - which one is a "plant asset" the delivery van or the pizzia oven?

Fucking pathetic....

that's bullshit and none of your business...what we care is how he will run OUR BUSINESS
and obama has been a miserable FAILURE in using, abusing and losing our MONIES

Fucking pathetic....

I count the apartment I own in Manhattan (Which I currently rent out to a tenant) as an asset.

What are your assets, Nick?

Progressives don't even know what a plant asset is - yet they bitch like they know something about taxes??

They don't know shit but they want free shit...

Fucking pathetic....

that's bullshit and none of your business...what we care is how he will run OUR BUSINESS
and obama has been a miserable FAILURE in using, abusing and losing our MONIES

Apparently Romney feels the same way. Which is why he will only release 2 years.

And that's it.

Obama..hasn't been a failure..and he's doing what he's been asked to do by voters within the guidelines of the Constitution to insure the financial health of this nation. Considering the terrible stewardship of the Conservative hero (and 'success' story), President George W. Bush..he's done quite a job.

Which is why I am supporting his reelection by contributing to his campaign and voting for him in November.

Again people, now you see who stirs up the hate

Maddcow going on over someone OWNING A HORSE for gawds sake

Owning the horse..was not the issue.

Using it as a huge tax deduction was..

Maddow is correct to question it.

It's nothing to do with "hate".

that is not any of your alls business...just because you CHOSE to reveal you have a apartment as a asset, it isn't our BUSINESS to know that...you people are shallow

How would you know? Did you watch the entire segment? It's on her site. The link was provided on this thread.

She made a compelling argument about how Mitt is gaming the tax system for a horse he bought for his wife, as a "gift". We only get to see one year of shenanigans like this. No wonder Mittens doesn't want to release his returns. A $77,000 write-off for an activity that only had revenues of $211 is a joke. It's a hobby for his wife, that asks us to help subsidize.

I thought Reagan got rid of these limited partnership tax scams. I know someone that had to give up his part ownership in a plane, that was really a toy for the partners, that they leased a few times to call it a business, due to the changes put in by Reagan put in in '88.

I count the apartment I own in Manhattan (Which I currently rent out to a tenant) as an asset.

What are your assets, Nick?

In what universe is that an asset?

The only potential way for that to be an asset would be to have at least 80% equity as an owner..

Me, I'm not going to get into me....

that is not any of your alls business...just because you CHOSE to reveal you have a apartment as a asset, it isn't our BUSINESS to know that...you people are shallow

Actually..it is.

Tax policy is the business of everyone in the country.

And it seems that government is failing to either keep expenses low enough so that revenue covers it.

Or that government is failing to keep revenue high enough to cover expenses.

Personally..I believe it to be a little of both. And understanding where the deficits are will go a long way to solving the problem.

Forum List

Back