Rachel Maddow Rocked Meet the Press

Man, y'all are just making my point - I don't even need to post.

Never mind the fact that it was HER turn to speak, and he talked over, around and through her. That wasn't rude.

She should have known her place, right?

That, or "take an ass whuppin like a man."

These neanderthals are the gift that keeps giving

And you're not afraid to use your gender as a crutch ether it appears.

Bravo.

I'm not limping, sparky. YOU're the one "using" gender.

According to you, if a woman is to be taken seriously, she has to kick your ass. How is that not a cave man mentality at work? Buy a clue.

I've heard Racherl on the radio.

She's very articulate.

The GOP created this "war on woman: bludegeon that they're getting beaten with in the media.

They created it one stupid assed talking head, one crappy piece of legislation at a time.

The WAR on WOMEN is also a war on the average american family.

Perhaps some of you haven't noticed it yet, but women play a fairly signficant role in supporting American families.

So anything that screws them in the workplace, screws their families, too.

What I do find interesting is that when the GOP is conducting war on American workers in industries that have significant men in the ranks, nobody calls THAT a war on men.

But if you look at the stats, for the last 20 years, thanks to the GOP's war on the workers, men's salaries have been declining.

It isn't that the little movement woman have made has been so good, when comparing their salaries to men, its that men's salaries have been going down.

The war on women is a SUBSET of the GOP's war on human beings who have to work for a living

yes, Rachel is very articulate. i appreciate how the loons try to turn her into some shrieking ugly shrew like anne coulter. but she isn't. she's always well-spoken and her research is impeccable. on those occasions where she's been incorrect factually, she always corrects herself. one can disagree with her politics, but her intelligence has to be acknowledged.

as for your point. i believe that's correct, in part...

there is one distinction, however, between the GOP war on women and the GOP war on working people... and that is, the old white men of the GOP seem to want to control women's sexuality in ways that make them subservient to the will of their male 'keepers'...

no woman should have to ask the permission of an old man, whether her boss or a judge, for access to contraception, to reproductive choice, and to economic parity in the workplace.

She's very articulate.

The GOP created this "war on woman: bludegeon that they're getting beaten with in the media.

They created it one stupid assed talking head, one crappy piece of legislation at a time.

Perhaps some of you haven't noticed it yet, but women play a fairly signficant role in supporting American families.

What I do find interesting is that when the GOP is conducting war on American workers in industries that have significant men in the ranks, nobody calls THAT a war on men.

But if you look at the stats, for the last 20 years, thanks to the GOP's war on the workers, men's salaries have been declining.

It isn't that the little movement woman have made has been so good, when comparing their salaries to men, its that men's salaries have been going down.

The war on women is a SUBSET of the GOP's war on human beings who have to work for a living

You lost me after you said the GOP created this war on women.

We both know that is a lie.

Man, y'all are just making my point - I don't even need to post.

Never mind the fact that it was HER turn to speak, and he talked over, around and through her. That wasn't rude.

She should have known her place, right?

Bravo.

that's really funny.

don't you have another white male angst thread to do?

Bravo.

I'm not limping, sparky. YOU're the one "using" gender.

According to you, if a woman is to be taken seriously, she has to kick your ass. How is that not a cave man mentality at work? Buy a clue.

Nope. You're using it. I think we should treat Maddow the same as a man. That is what you want isn't it? If you want to act like one why not treat you like one.

I don't need someone to kick my ass in order to respect them. I respect women greatly.

Maddow simply loves shouting people down. She does know her talking-points, but her facts are horseshit and raising her voice and getting wild and crazy doesn't make her facts any more accurate.

Bravo.

that's really funny.

don't you have another white male angst thread to do?

So you want to use your gender as a crutch now?

Funny how women want equal pay but they want to be treated differently at the same time.

I remember years ago hearing some woman in the Army in my training unit bitching at me about how women are being mistreated in the military. She said she wanted everything to be the same between the sexes. I asked her what she thought about the hair-cut regulations. She said that's silly. I said no it's not. I said if you want total equality men should be allowed to grow their hair as long as women. I also pointed out the accepted differences in physical requirements. I said women should have to do the same number of pushups and situps. Women should have to do the same number of chinups to pass Air borne school because we're doing the same job for the same pay. I told her that she was using her gender as a crutch and the Army was actually showing favoritism to her if she took the time to think about it.

She's very articulate.

yes, Rachel is very articulate. i appreciate how the loons try to turn her into some shrieking ugly shrew like anne coulter. but she isn't. she's always well-spoken and her research is impeccable. on those occasions where she's been incorrect factually, she always corrects herself. one can disagree with her politics, but her intelligence has to be acknowledged.

there is one distinction, however, between the GOP war on women and the GOP war on working people... and that is, the old white men of the GOP seem to want to control women's sexuality in ways that make them subservient to the will of their male 'keepers'...

no woman should have to ask the permission of an old man, whether her boss or a judge, for access to contraception, to reproductive choice, and to economic parity in the workplace.

Look, I don't watch her very often. Most of the time I stay away from her little cable network. When I do watch it what I see offends me. When she starts going off on others it seems rude. She always has to have the last word it seems. She is articulate but her facts are wrong, so I'm not impressed.

I watch her almost every night. She covers this topic at length every night, people are going to turn her off. What is she actually doing other than talking about it?

Maddow wont change on this topic. Why should she? At a minimum, it draws the same few thousand k00ks in each night who salivate on this stuff. Nobody goes to that network except the hyperpartisans on the left.

The lefty dolts who think a Maddow appearance on "Meet the Depressed" is going to cause some incredible groundswell are naive assholes.:funnyface:

I watch her almost every night. She covers this topic at length every night, people are going to turn her off. What is she actually doing other than talking about it?

Maddow wont change on this topic. Why should she? At a minimum, it draws the same few thousand k00ks in each night who salivate on this stuff. Nobody goes to that network except the hyperpartisans on the left.

The lefty dolts who think a Maddow appearance on "Meet the Depressed" is going to cause some incredible groundswell are naive assholes.:funnyface:
Being a loud lefty bullshit artist appeals to some, but not to most. People want to watch fun stuff, not listen to a bunch of bickering. That's why Air America folded. The reason the 5, Bill O'Reilly, and Sean Hannity are so popular is because they balance things a bit more yet maintain a sense of reality. Watching Maddow, Mathews, and Schultz on MSNBC is pretty much an escape from reality. Even Bill Maher attempts to inject some sanity into his show even though I doubt he thinks that way judging from his jokes.

Rachel Maddow Makes History and Triumphs over the War On Women

That's what I've been talking about. THAT is what we're up against.

I'm not impressed with who is the loudest but with who makes sense.

She was shouting everyone down. She was acting like a bitch.

Shouting everyone down?! The asshole next to her did everything but pat her on the head and say "There, there, honey!" He was dismissive at best and condescending at worse.

What a prick.

There you go. Play the p-card.

She's very articulate.

Interesting how you make the issue entirely partisan.

I'm uncertain as to how anyone can blame any real or perceived lack of "progress" among females in the USA during the past to any party. Indeed, Wyoming, not known as a democratic stronghold by any means, allowed women to vote as early as 1869.

June 4, 1919, when the Senate approved the 19th amendment by 56 to 25 after four hours of debate, during which Democratic Senators opposed to the amendment filibustered to prevent a roll call until their absent Senators could be protected by pairs. The Ayes included 36 (82%) Republicans and 20 (54%) Democrats.

It is interesting how the democrats have since claimed to be the proponents of women's "rights," mainly on the basis that they champion abortion, and quite naturally, this is often for better or worse, the women's choice. The republicans have drawn a constituancy which rejects this rather obvious fact, and as a result are perpetually on the defensive: If they ever return to sanity, then democrats won't have a chance.

Last edited:
I'm not impressed with who is the loudest but with who makes sense.

She was shouting everyone down. She was acting like a bitch.

Shouting everyone down?! The asshole next to her did everything but pat her on the head and say "There, there, honey!" He was dismissive at best and condescending at worse.

What a prick.

There you go. Play the p-card.

Another reason to limit boardtime to one day every month: Perpetually worthless poo-throwing postage.

Anybody that matters talking about Maddow's appearance on MM this morning? Didn't think so.

She's very articulate.

Interesting how you make the issue entirely partisan.

I'm uncertain as to how anyone can blame any real or perceived lack of "progress" among females in the USA during the past to any party. Indeed, Wyoming, not known as a democratic stronghold by any means, allowed women to vote as early as 1869.

June 4, 1919, when the Senate approved the 19th amendment by 56 to 25 after four hours of debate, during which Democratic Senators opposed to the amendment filibustered to prevent a roll call until their absent Senators could be protected by pairs. The Ayes included 36 (82%) Republicans and 20 (54%) Democrats.

It is interesting how the democrats have since claimed to be the proponents of women's "rights," mainly on the basis that they champion abortion, and quite naturally, this is often for better or worse, the women's choice. The republicans have drawn a constituancy which rejects this rather obvious fact, and as a result are perpetually on the defensive: If they ever return to sanity, then democrats won't have a chance.

in case you didn't notice, the issue is, in fact, partisan.

i don't think 'partisan' is a dirty word. there isn't a single one of us who isn't 'partisan', meaning has a particular set of beliefs.

16 trillion in debt, real unemployment rate 15%, gas prices close to $4 a gal, Iran on the verge of a nuclear weapon & this is what liberals are focused on? This is what we call the dumbing down of our society..Sad.

Forum List

Back