Rachel Maddow is an embarrassment

txlonghorn

Mar 9, 2009
Oh the Madcow has done it again...she just spent 5 minutes highlighting Fox News and the hiring of Sarah Palin. Why do the underdog news networks keep pointing focus at the one cable news powerhouse that keeps kicking their ass?

She's just hideous. No wonder MSNBC's numbers are at a subzero level.

But it was alright for Fox to talk about it all day?
And didn't Fox News do this so people would be talking about it?

You seem to miss the point. FOX is expected to talk about themselves. They have NOTHING to lose...and it's self promotion...But in media, where I spent 20 years in the industry, it's almost always a taboo to constantly draw attention to a competing station, network, channel, etc. You might as well be saying, change the channel to FOX...because they have THIS going on. When that happens, they lose even more viewers. It's the dumbest thing you can do when your already losing the ratings war with them.

You seem to miss the point. FOX is expected to talk about themselves. They have NOTHING to lose...and it's self promotion...But in media, where I spent 20 years in the industry, it's almost always a taboo to constantly draw attention to a competing station, network, channel, etc. You might as well be saying, change the channel to FOX...because they have THIS going on. When that happens, they lose even more viewers. It's the dumbest thing you can do when your already losing the ratings war with them.

And FOX never talks about other cable news stations. No siree! No way! No how!

From what I've seen, they're not obsessive about it.

F'rinstance, nobody at Fakes News regularly and prominently features members of competing outfits as "worst persons in the world" on a daily basis.

Bill O'Reilly loves to talk shit about NBC and MSNBC but I agree that FOX is the news station most talked about by others.

F'rinstance, nobody at Fakes News regularly and prominently features members of competing outfits as "worst persons in the world" on a daily basis.

And Hannity never talks about Olberman?

I would also add if we go by Longhorn's point of view, Hasselbeck sure likes to advertise for Olberman on the view. :D

Bill O'Reilly loves to talk shit about NBC and MSNBC but I agree that FOX is the news station most talked about by others.
I'll have to take your word for it....O'Reilly makes me want to throw the teevee out a window.

Sigh....they are NOT losing the ratings war...come on people...pay attention... or read the entire post before you respond.

I'll have to take your word for it....O'Reilly makes me want to throw the teevee out a window.

So...you DO watch Fox!

Don't know...Hannity is even dopier and less watchable than O'Reilly.

That said, he still doesn't have a nightly segment that features running competing hosts into the ground.

I would also add if we go by Longhorn's point of view, Hasselbeck sure likes to advertise for Olberman on the view. :D
Didn't know that either she or The View were on Fox. :confused:

So...you DO watch Fox!
I check in from time to time, like I do with the other "news" channels.

I was in Denver when O'Reilly was still local "talent"....He's as insufferable today as ever.

My point of view is practical across the board. Hannity can talk about anybody he wants...because he works for the leader of the pack. People don't leave the front runner to go to a channel that they passed on already.

Of course Faux Noise isn't losing the ratings war!! That is impossible!!

God loves stupid people!! He made tons of them and they all watch Faux Noise!!

Case closed!!

Why on earth would you thiink otherwise?? Are you stupid??

More Republicans watch Fox because they need their talking points. Democrats watch MSNBC because they like the smart hosts. There are more Republicans that need talking points than people who appreciate really intelligent broadcasting.

The end.​

Also, MSNBC is rocking the morning shows with Morning Joe and Savanna Guthrie/Chuck Todd. Maybe the ratings landscape will change for them.

Case closed!!

Well, apparently you are. You are unable to end a sentence with anything other than a "!" or two, and somewhat excessive "?"s. So the question really should be "are you stupid??" With punctuation, one ! or ? is sufficient!!!!!!!

Case closed!!

God must really love you then.

Forum List

Back