Rachel Maddow - Excellent Point

Well, not everyone is ready to wait:
"But one Democratic communications hand sent advice to a slew of other Democratic operatives in the wake of the announcement hammering on the need to make sure Obama comes out on top.

“In your day jobs, do not let Republicans turn this into continuing the Bush legacy. This has to be about Obama’s decisive leadership,” the guidance said. “He is the one who oversaw bringing bin Laden to justice, much like how Bush failed to do so at Tora Bora and then claimed Osama wasn’t a priority.”

For Democrats, the argument is critical because they don’t want to let credibility on national security issues slip back into their post-Vietnam home in the Republican Party. And they need to fight the insinuation, fed by recent NATO action in Libya that one official characterized as “leading from behind,” that Obama is a weak leader."

Read more: The next front: Claiming credit for Osama bin Laden's death - Kasie Hunt and Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

I just happened to catch this last night. RM is spot on in her take on this 'evolving story' and maybe it would do everyone well to take a step or two back. Just sayin'.

Rachel Maddow Show

ZB, hon, I just cannot watch it, rep. or I'll wash your dog if you'll boil it down for me...:eusa_pray:

she points out the disparity in the details in the story so far.

it's actually very well done. i watched it and i didn't melt

"But one Democratic communications hand sent advice to a slew of other Democratic operatives in the wake of the announcement hammering on the need to make sure Obama comes out on top.

“In your day jobs, do not let Republicans turn this into continuing the Bush legacy. This has to be about Obama’s decisive leadership,” the guidance said. “He is the one who oversaw bringing bin Laden to justice, much like how Bush failed to do so at Tora Bora and then claimed Osama wasn’t a priority.”

For Democrats, the argument is critical because they don’t want to let credibility on national security issues slip back into their post-Vietnam home in the Republican Party. And they need to fight the insinuation, fed by recent NATO action in Libya that one official characterized as “leading from behind,” that Obama is a weak leader."

Read more: The next front: Claiming credit for Osama bin Laden's death - Kasie Hunt and Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

Obama is a weak leader, imo. But not on this. He showed leadership with the decision he made. Maybe it's the start of a trend? Ok, I won't hold my breath.

A "Chin" ook?

It's a "SHA" nook.

But, what do you expect from someone who's only been a fan of the military for a day or two.

I just happened to catch this last night. RM is spot on in her take on this 'evolving story' and maybe it would do everyone well to take a step or two back. Just sayin'.

Rachel Maddow Show

ZB, hon, I just cannot watch it, rep. or I'll wash your dog if you'll boil it down for me...:eusa_pray:

One more reason to watch the RM Show. Still the most informed, thorough and entertaining news show on cable.
It is unfortunate yet understandable why the willfully ignorant choose to attack her and demean her; congitive dissonance hurts.

well del..now what?

:rolleyes:

:lol:

It's funny to hear Rachel Maddow warn against using political posturing tied to "expired detailed reporting" because you might look foolish. Can somebody get her a mirror? (She is a "she," right?)

A "Chin" ook?

It's a "SHA" nook.

But, what do you expect from someone who's only been a fan of the military for a day or two.

way to see the big picture :thup:

:rofl:

What big picture?

She's attempting to discuss a military operation and one-minute into it, mispronounces the name of the helicopter?

Her credibility is shit to me.

She also appears to be a bull dyke.

One more reason to watch the RM Show. Still the most informed, thorough and entertaining news show on cable.
It is unfortunate yet understandable why the willfully ignorant choose to attack her and demean her; congitive dissonance hurts.

she's like most of the other talking heads on both sides.

not quite as shrill most of the time, but every bit as opinionated and prone to telling only one side of the story.

*shrug*

A "Chin" ook?

It's a "SHA" nook.

way to see the big picture :thup:

:rofl:

What big picture?

She's attempting to discuss a military operation and one-minute into it, mispronounces the name of the helicopter?

Her credibility is shit to me.

She also appears to be a bull dyke.

I guess you have never seen a real "bull dyke".

Rachel Maddow Show

Key take away;

"if you have a conscience about looking foolish..."
:lol:

just kidding , you're right, that was well said and shes dead on. thx

Thx ZB..;)

I must now go and make offerings, 5:57= 1 young bull, 2 old bulls and 3 chickens..

I find her the easiest host on MSNBC to watch, listen to.

Maddow is smart, rather odd that some find her unbearable, says more about them than her.

These pieces were very good.

"WASHINGTON — For years, the agonizing search for Osama bin Laden kept coming up empty. Then last July, Pakistanis working for the Central Intelligence Agency drove up behind a white Suzuki navigating the bustling streets near Peshawar, Pakistan, and wrote down the car’s license plate."

(...)

"Prisoners in American custody told stories of a trusted courier. When the Americans ran the man’s pseudonym past two top-level detainees — the chief planner of the Sept. 11 attacks, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed; and Al Qaeda’s operational chief, Abu Faraj al-Libi — the men claimed never to have heard his name. That raised suspicions among interrogators that the two detainees were lying and that the courier probably was an important figure." Clues Gradually Led to the Location of Osama bin Laden - NYTimes.com

"Mr. Zubaydah was subjected to repeated waterboarding. Senior Federal Bureau of Investigation officials thought such methods unnecessary and unwise. Their agents got Mr. Zubaydah talking without using force and he revealed the central role of Mr. Mohammed in the 9/11 plot. They correctly predicted that harsh methods would darken the nation's reputation and complicate future prosecutions. Many C.I.A. officials also voiced doubts, and the agency used contract employees with military experience for much of the work." C.I.A. Interrogations News - The New York Times

Senate Intel Chair: Torture Did Not Lead To Bin Laden In Any Way | TPMDC

Obama is a weak leader, imo. But not on this. He showed leadership with the decision he made. Maybe it's the start of a trend? Ok, I won't hold my breath.

Your correct, talk is cheap. Why is Obama a weak leader? Maybe you might offer a definition of leadership first, and examples of why you are so sure he lacks said qualities (have you ever lead?).

Forum List

Back