Rachel Corrie death trial, day 1

i am always amazed by the milk of human kindness shown by followers of this god you claim is so great and forgiving.....

personally anyone mocking someone's death is simply an uncaring asshole.....

A British witness told a court today about how he had watched an Israeli military bulldozer run over and kill the American activist Rachel Corrie while she was trying to stop Palestinians' homes being demolished in Gaza.

Richard Purssell, who was also a volunteer activist in Rafah at the time, seven years ago, described the "shocking and dramatic event" in an Israeli court in Haifa on the first day of a civil suit brought by Corrie's family against the Israeli state.
British activist saw Rachel Corrie die under Israeli bulldozer, court hears | World news | guardian.co.uk

The lesson to be drawn from Rachel Corrie is this:

Don't stand in front of and challenge moving bulldozers and you will not be run over.

What a dumbass.....a definite Darwin award winner she was.

Especially when it is driven by an idiot.

i am always amazed by the milk of human kindness shown by followers of this god you claim is so great and forgiving.....

personally anyone mocking someone's death is simply an uncaring asshole.....

I'm sure that ghook will let you know that this, of course, makes you an antisemite.

Take a good, long look at the responses in this thread from our local zionists. Their reaction to Corey's death is exactly how so many Germans reacted to the idea of putting jews in camps. Wanna take a guess on how their responses differ depending on who is being killed off?

Do you think in a different language?

She moved, then FELL UNDER THE BULLDOZER.

Doesn't sound intentional to me at all.

But then, one of the first things my parents taught me was STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM MOVING MACHINERY.
She was 20 meters in front of the dozer wearing a fluorescent orange jacket. How could the driver claim to have not seen her? Why did the driver continue to move towards her?

Bulldozer was armored. the cab was enclosed. We are not talking plate glass.
And she was all around the thing. She didn't stand just in one place.

You look at the picture, the dozer was backing up too.

rachelcorrie2.jpg

It was a rainy day too, from the pictures.

So she was being a jackass in a war zone helping out some very bad guys and she did some seriously stupid stuff and got Darwin Awarded.

As you note, there were lots of pictures of the event by the other folks there. Take a look at the cab in one of the pictures. she would have been easy to miss. Especially with all the running around she was doing.

Do you think in a different language?

She moved, then FELL UNDER THE BULLDOZER.

Doesn't sound intentional to me at all.

But then, one of the first things my parents taught me was STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM MOVING MACHINERY.
She was 20 meters in front of the dozer wearing a fluorescent orange jacket. How could the driver claim to have not seen her? Why did the driver continue to move towards her?

Bulldozer was armored. the cab was enclosed. We are not talking plate glass.
And she was all around the thing. She didn't stand just in one place.

You look at the picture, the dozer was backing up too.

rachelcorrie2.jpg

It was a rainy day too, from the pictures.

So she was being a jackass in a war zone helping out some very bad guys and she did some seriously stupid stuff and got Darwin Awarded.

As you note, there were lots of pictures of the event by the other folks there. Take a look at the cab in one of the pictures. she would have been easy to miss. Especially with all the running around she was doing.

That war zone happens to be a neighborhood.

No, she can be as anti American as she wants. Preferably in Cuba or Vietnam or North Korea.

What made her special was she was out there protecting and assisting in acts of deliberate premeditated murder. And she knew it.

As Sorry as I am for Corrie's death, i cannot, help but wonder: She knew she was going into a warzone and putting her own life at risk. I'm sorry for what happened, but Corrie's death was her own doing and her parents have no one to blame for it than Rachel herself, though i don't blame them for what they're doing, i cannot even begin to grasp how one handles the death of one's own child.

Replace Rachel Corrie's name with Daniel Pearl.

No, she can be as anti American as she wants. Preferably in Cuba or Vietnam or North Korea.

What made her special was she was out there protecting and assisting in acts of deliberate premeditated murder. And she knew it.

Were those the murderers standing right behind her?

9666d1268337538-rachel-corrie-death-trial-day-1-rachael-corrie.jpg

As Sorry as I am for Corrie's death, i cannot, help but wonder: She knew she was going into a warzone and putting her own life at risk. I'm sorry for what happened, but Corrie's death was her own doing and her parents have no one to blame for it than Rachel herself, though i don't blame them for what they're doing, i cannot even begin to grasp how one handles the death of one's own child.

Replace Rachel Corrie's name with Daniel Pearl.

Ok, Daniel Pearl Foundation
The Daniel Pearl Foundation was formed in memory of journalist Daniel Pearl to further the ideals that inspired Daniel's life and work. The foundation's mission is to promote cross-cultural understanding through journalism, music, and innovative communications.
The Daniel Pearl Foundation is a tax exempt 501(c)(3) donor-funded organization.

"On the day of her death, 16 March 2003, Corrie was with seven other activists, including Purssell, in Rafah, close to the Israeli-guarded border with Egypt. They saw an Israeli military armoured Caterpillar D9 bulldozer approaching the house of a Palestinian doctor.Purssell described how the bulldozer approached at a fast walking pace, its blade down and gathering a pile of soil in its path. When the bulldozer was 20 metres from the house Corrie, who like the others was wearing an orange fluorescent jacket, climbed on to the soil in front of it and stood "looking into the cab of the bulldozer".
"The bulldozer continued to move forward," Purssell said. "Rachel turned to come back down the slope. The earth is still moving and as she nears the bottom of the pile something happened which causes her to fall forward. The bulldozer continued to move forward and Rachel disappeared from view under the moving earth."
The bulldozer continued forward four metres as the activists began to run forward and shout at the driver.
"It passed the point where Rachel fell, it stopped and reversed back along the track it first made. Rachel was lying on the earth," Purssell said. "She was still breathing." Corrie was severely injured and died shortly afterwards.
The Israeli military says it bears no responsibility for Corrie's death. A month after her death the military said an investigation had determined its troops were not to blame; the driver of the bulldozer had not seen her and had not intentionally run her over. It accused Corrie and the ISM of behaviour that was "illegal, irresponsible and dangerous".
Hussein will argue at the Haifa district court that witness evidence shows that the soldiers did see Corrie at the scene, with other activists well before the incident, and that they could have arrested her or removed her from the area before there was any risk of injury."

If it happened as this witness describes it, it seems to me that the bulldozer operator intentionally ran her over, or at the very least was not properly trained and didn't know he need to stop even though she was retreating.
The lawyer is right, they should have had her arrested and removed from danger as soon as she came between the dozer and the home she was trying to protect.

I have ran a dozer the size of a D-8. If it was fully shielded I know I would not have been able to see that well. I do think this was a tragedy and I am not sure how anyone that believes in peace could think otherwise.

To me it is heart breaking to see so much tragedy.

Was the doctor who house was being dozed guilty of murder?

How in the world can anyone claim that someone protesting for peace can be considered an assistant to murder?

"On the day of her death, 16 March 2003, Corrie was with seven other activists, including Purssell, in Rafah, close to the Israeli-guarded border with Egypt. They saw an Israeli military armoured Caterpillar D9 bulldozer approaching the house of a Palestinian doctor.Purssell described how the bulldozer approached at a fast walking pace, its blade down and gathering a pile of soil in its path. When the bulldozer was 20 metres from the house Corrie, who like the others was wearing an orange fluorescent jacket, climbed on to the soil in front of it and stood "looking into the cab of the bulldozer".
"The bulldozer continued to move forward," Purssell said. "Rachel turned to come back down the slope. The earth is still moving and as she nears the bottom of the pile something happened which causes her to fall forward. The bulldozer continued to move forward and Rachel disappeared from view under the moving earth."
The bulldozer continued forward four metres as the activists began to run forward and shout at the driver.
"It passed the point where Rachel fell, it stopped and reversed back along the track it first made. Rachel was lying on the earth," Purssell said. "She was still breathing." Corrie was severely injured and died shortly afterwards.
The Israeli military says it bears no responsibility for Corrie's death. A month after her death the military said an investigation had determined its troops were not to blame; the driver of the bulldozer had not seen her and had not intentionally run her over. It accused Corrie and the ISM of behaviour that was "illegal, irresponsible and dangerous".
Hussein will argue at the Haifa district court that witness evidence shows that the soldiers did see Corrie at the scene, with other activists well before the incident, and that they could have arrested her or removed her from the area before there was any risk of injury."

If it happened as this witness describes it, it seems to me that the bulldozer operator intentionally ran her over, or at the very least was not properly trained and didn't know he need to stop even though she was retreating.
The lawyer is right, they should have had her arrested and removed from danger as soon as she came between the dozer and the home she was trying to protect.

I have ran a dozer the size of a D-8. If it was fully shielded I know I would not have been able to see that well. I do think this was a tragedy and I am not sure how anyone that believes in peace could think otherwise.

How in the world can anyone claim that someone protesting for peace can be considered an assistant to murder?

The death of a terrorist sympathizer is a thing of joy.

She was an idiot who died because of her own idiocy.

Don't stand in front of a bulldozer thats moving.

Or, if you do stand in front of one for political reasons, be sure your side has the courage of their convictions to not act surprised our outraged when you do get accidentally flattened.

Last edited:

What an over-zealous fuck-up you are :eusa_eh:

Huh?

She was trying to prevent the bulldozing of a Palestinian home.

The home belonged to Dr. Samir Nasrallah, a Gaza pharmacist. He was no murderer; he had committed no crime. He simply owned a home in Rafah near the Egyptian border.

See this is why you cannot always have nice things. I believe that she saw them as people too. Even if there are some misguided among hate mongers they still bleed like you would also. There are those even among those you may despise that are worth saving because they also have hearts. Jesus was a terrorist sympathizer if you get right down to it. He wanted to save people that seem to think that they hated Him. Will you try to say there are no innocent children or mothers and fathers who care for their children in Gaza? Think about it is your hate any better than their hate? If so why? Even the Lord said He takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked. Are you better than Him?

Huh?

She was trying to prevent the bulldozing of a Palestinian home.

The home belonged to Dr. Samir Nasrallah, a Gaza pharmacist. He was no murderer; he had committed no crime. He simply owned a home in Rafah near the Egyptian border.

Under that home was a tunnel bringing in parts explosives for those human bombs that made riding a bus so risky in Israel back then.

And Hamas didn't target soldiers. They targeted weddings, schools, discos. The Israelis found the tunnel, the house was to come down. She was not there to protect the house of a doctor. She was there to protect the murder tunnel.

The man may have been a doctor. So was Mengele

Forum List

Back