Race Riots Birmingham UK

Jul 9, 2009
There is nothing particualr unusual about this but what is that it has been blacked out by the mainstream media, why. The riot occured 8th August 2009 yet there is no report of it on the mainstream news and even rags such as the Sun have had the story removed again why.

With the pictures I did see it appeared Asian men were attacking white protestors, is this why its being kept quite, one can understand why given the current circumstances but keeping it out of the news does not make the problem go away does it.

There is nothing particualr unusual about this but what is that it has been blacked out by the mainstream media, why. The riot occured 8th August 2009 yet there is no report of it on the mainstream news and even rags such as the Sun have had the story removed again why.

With the pictures I did see it appeared Asian men were attacking white protestors, is this why its being kept quite, one can understand why given the current circumstances but keeping it out of the news does not make the problem go away does it.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | West Midlands | Arrests at anti-Islamic protest

The article seems to use allot of ink to say very little. Not much out there at all. Weird.

Reads to me like the football thugs and some minority thugs decided to have a rumble. It sounded organized according to that report.

That's not what I think of when I think of a riot.

Reads to me like the football thugs and some minority thugs decided to have a rumble. It sounded organized according to that report.

That's not what I think of when I think of a riot.

Sounds like a small demonstration was ambushed by a larger one and no detail is given about the make up of the larger one. There is an avoidance here. A fear of spelling something out?

Yes its quite normal for an event to be aired quickly and never mentioned again. But irrespective of the group demonstrating and their reasons that does not give another group the right to go and attack them which is what happened. It would be interesting to see who the Police arrested and for what.

Someone fucked up. This was supposed to be hidden. Why am I reading about it?

POLICE UPDATE ON PROTESTS IN BIRMINGHAM CITY CENTRE

More Appeals

9 August 2009

This is an update from Chief Inspector Mark Payne, spokesperson for West Midlands Police, following yesterday's protests in Birmingham City Centre.

"To date there have been 35 arrests –the majority for disorder, but this figure may increase as investigations continue into the incident.

"So far there has been one report of criminal damage to a car and reports of three people being injured. However we are expecting further reports as we encourage people to come forward with any reports of criminal behaviour.

"Officers were deployed throughout the city centre to manage two separate protests which took place during the course of the afternoon. Isolated incidents of disorder occurred when small groups of protestors broke away and actively sought to engage in criminal behaviour.

"A post operation investigation is underway into any criminality that took place during yesterday afternoon.

"As part of this investigation, police will be studying photographs and video images and will be arresting and prosecuting anyone identified found to be engaged in acts of criminality.

"We will also look at applying for injunctions to prevent people travelling to the West Midlands who are intent on causing trouble.

"The events of yesterday are a very rare occurrence and normal city centre life resumed within a short space of time. I want to reassure all members of the community that the city centre is, and will continue to be a safe place to live, shop and visit.

"It is important to be aware that West Midlands Police have no powers to ban or stop peaceful protests and would not seek to do so, however if criminal acts or racially aggravated incidents are reported, then police will arrest and prosecute anyone found to be responsible.

"Officers are continuing today to engage with all communities across the West Midlands.

"Anyone who has information or anyone who was a victim of any crime during or after the incident yesterday should contact officers at Steelhouse Lane Police Station on 0845 113 5000."

http://www.west-midlands.police.uk/latest-news/appeal.asp?id=3170

Chief Inspector Payne obviously didn't get the "keep this quiet" memo :lol:

Forum List

Back