Race is a self-designation / is not fully correct

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Speedy Gonzales
well it is not fully wrong but also not fully correct. i think it is a self - Designation but it Needs to add up i.e make sense.

look at this woman, she is half White and she identifies as White but it doesnt make any sense, she is identified as black by everyone else
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RiGdY_-j0M]Black Woman Wants To Join The KKK - YouTube[/ame]

but if Obama self-designates himself as black despite being half White i think it makes sense and we can leave it at that.

if a 1/16 native american identifies as White, i think it is ok because his european ancestry is visible and his native american probably not despite being technically mixed race or bi-racial.

so my final conclusion, your ancestry you identify with Needs to be visible, otherwise it makes no sense to identify with this ancestry

I think you missed the point using a poor example with the video. There is a difference in ethnically aligning yourself to a culture for social, psychological, and ethnic reasons apart from aligning yourself with a hate group like the klu klux klan.

The woman in the video is obviously suffering from issues of her identity.

I think you missed the point using a poor example with the video. There is a difference in ethnically aligning yourself to a culture for social, psychological, and ethnic reasons apart from aligning yourself with a hate group like the klu klux klan.

She is not aligning herself with the KKK. Did you watched the Video? She is a bi-racial who Claims her White Side. The title is to put her down.

The false notion of 'race' is a bullshit fabrication.

ok call it world populations or whatever. im certainly not racist and i wished there were no differences, but i think in reality we will be always judged by our race. if White, black, asian, american native or whatever. when they see us they already have preconceived view about us disdain or symphaty. they already judged us based on our race. even if you say it doesnt exist, but People will always see that someone is either black or White etc.

She is not aligning herself with the KKK. Did you watched the Video? She is a bi-racial who Claims her White Side. The title is to put her down.

Ok.....Let me rephrase it.

The klu klux klan is a white supremist hate group that emphasise separation of the "races" and of white purity. Regardless if she accepts her white side, her phenotypical features will prevent her from being accepted. She has obvious kinky hair, full lips, etc. The klan has a history of terrorizing both mono-racial, and bi-racial African-Americans.

Due to the dominant black genes and the recessive white genes her pronounced traits will prevent her from being accepted because she looks "black."

As far as the issue of race is concerned there is no such thing because its a construction based on racist European ideology. This is why I saif the girl in the video is a poor example because her pronounced phenotype for face value makes her black. It doesn't matter how she accepts herself, she to others, will look black.

Edit: FYI I've seen this tyra episode before....Notice how the crowd laughed when she said "I'm half black and white but I claim the white side" because the crowd knows for face value her dominant black genes makes her look like a person of color.

White supremist groups emphasize racial purity as in having a European ancestry (basically means to look white).

Last edited:

The klu klux klan is a white supremist hate group that emphasise separation of the "races" and of white purity. Regardless if she accepts her white side, her phenotypical features will prevent her from being accepted. She has obvious kinky hair, full lips, etc. The klan has a history of terrorizing both mono-racial, and bi-racial African-Americans.

Due to the dominant black genes and the recessive white genes her pronounced traits will prevent her from being accepted because she looks "black."

As far as the issue of race is concerned there is no such thing because its a construction based on racist European ideology. This is why I saif the girl in the video is a poor example because her pronounced phenotype for face value makes her black. It doesn't matter how she accepts herself, she to others, will look black.

Edit: FYI I've seen this tyra episode before....Notice how the crowd laughed when she said "I'm half black and white but I claim the white side" because the crowd knows for face value her dominant black genes makes her look like a person of color.

White supremist groups emphasize racial purity as in having a European ancestry (basically means to look white).

Who said she wants to join the KKK? And they laughed because she identifies as White but Looks black. So it is not a self-designation, which proves my Point. Why do you Play ignorant?

You are dumb as fuck and full of contradictions. I think you are a Retard (sorry). You say in same breath very contradictory things. "Race doesnt exist it is a construct" "Recessive/Dominant Genes make her look black". "She is a Person of colour" etc.

Last edited:

Who said she wants to join the KKK? And they laughed because she identifies as White but Looks black. So it is not a self-designation, which proves my Point. Why do you Play ignorant?

You are dumb as fuck and full of contradictions. I think you are a Retard (sorry). You say in same breath very contradictory things. "Race doesnt exist it is a construct" "Recessive/Dominant Genes make her look black". "She is a Person of colour" etc.

he isn't playing.

and congratulations for figuring him out within a couple posts

PS

Tyra could have hired this person to say those things. I don't take daytime talk shows seriously

Last edited:

he isn't playing.

and congratulations for figuring him out within a couple posts

PS

Tyra could have hired this person to say those things. I don't take daytime talk shows seriously

Im certainly not racist (i dont know exact Definition of racism) but im not bigoted hater. i also dont think race determines our value for Society or as individuals or even Groups or that we should be preconceived based on our race. but that race doesnt exist, is nonsense to me. race does exist and determines at least some of our inherent characteristics (Skin colour, morphology etc.) or ability to run (blacks are better at running)

He doesn't play.

Um, you are saying the same thing I am saying....

You said "who says she wants to join the KKK.....?"

The video link you provided.

I told you and even Tyra said it in the video because she has pronounced black features it doesn't matter what she considers herself. For face value she looks like an African-American so I don't know what I am contradicting.

As far your comment on dominant and recessive genes let me explain....

Race as it was used with European travelers was a categorization based on Eurocentric belief that those of a specific "race" had particular traits (both genetic and social) thay align themselves to the people of thay specific country. However as history have shown the focus was more social than biological. European travelers who were "technologically advanced" encountered civilizations who were less technologically advanced and therefore attributed that charcteristic as part of a "racial trait" and this later lead into the construction of the term race and even going further in asserting that individuals of different ethnic backgrounds were "not human, or less human."

So when I am mentioning race I am referring to the old Eurocentric context how European travellers looked at various cultures.

Now when I am talking about dominant and recessive genes if you studied biology I am reffering to certain physical traits that are typical of a certain group of a certain region. Most people from Africa have kinky hair so if they mate with someone from Prague, the traits of the African will be more pronounced such as hair, lips, cheek. I am no geneticist soI am not sure why the so-called "black gene" is strong.

The same if you have an African and Asian from Japan mate. Because the Japanese gene is strong you will see pronounced features such as eyes and cheekbones while the African features of kinky hair and lips (maybe hips and others) would be more pronounced.

So while you are claiming that I am contradicting myself I think you again failed to realize that I was explaining that despite what she considers herself she appears "black." I also went on to say the term race is an illogical construct, but because society has been used to using the term, we use it in our everyday lives. So before you call someone a retard it would behoove you to read carefully.

I told you and even Tyra said it in the video because she has pronounced black features it doesn't matter what she considers herself. For face value she looks like an African-American so I don't know what I am contradicting.

Race as it was used with European travelers was a categorization based on Eurocentric belief that those of a specific "race" had particular traits (both genetic and social) thay align themselves to the people of thay specific country. However as history have shown the focus was more social than biological. European travelers who were "technologically advanced" encountered civilizations who were less technologically advanced and therefore attributed that charcteristic as part of a "racial trait" and this later lead into the construction of the term race and even going further in asserting that individuals of different ethnic backgrounds were "not human, or less human."

So when I am mentioning race I am referring to the old Eurocentric context how European travellers looked at various cultures.

Now when I am talking about dominant and recessive genes if you studied biology I am reffering to certain physical traits that are typical of a certain group of a certain region. Most people from Africa have kinky hair so if they mate with someone from Prague, the traits of the African will be more pronounced such as hair, lips, cheek. I am no geneticist soI am not sure why the so-called "black gene" is strong.

The same if you have an African and Asian from Japan mate. Because the Japanese gene is strong you will see pronounced features such as eyes and cheekbones while the African features of kinky hair and lips (maybe hips and others) would be more pronounced.

So while you are claiming that I am contradicting myself I think you again failed to realize that I was explaining that despite what she considers herself she appears "black." I also went on to say the term race is an illogical construct, but because society has been used to using the term, we use it in our everyday lives. So before you call someone a retard it would behoove you to read carefully.

Well I missed that she said she wants to join the KKK. She said she has a confederate Flag but that not everyone with that Flag is Racist. And she said she visits Rodeos. I missed she said she wants to join the KKK.

And I think we say the same basically. That it doesnt matter sometimes how you view yourself because if it doesnt make sense it is ridicolous to Claim it. So it is not fully correct that it is only self-identification solely.

Last edited:

Well I missed that she said she wants to join the KKK. She said she has a confederate Flag but that not everyone with that Flag is Racist. And she said she visits Rodeos. I missed she said she wants to join the KKK.

And I think we say the same basically. That it doesnt matter sometimes how you view yourself because if it doesnt make sense it is ridicolous to Claim it. So it is not fully correct that it is only self-identification solely.

I am glad you actually see my point....

BTW the girl in the video says she doesnt want to join the KKK she said it was a joke....Although I dont believe its a joke...When I said your link said she wants to, I was referring to the title of the video....Scroll up and see the title.

BTW the girl in the video says she doesnt want to join the KKK she said it was a joke....Although I dont believe its a joke...When I said your link said she wants to, I was referring to the title of the video....Scroll up and see the title.

The title says it but it is to make fun of her. you should listen what she said not what others say about her. I think she just identifies overtly with her White side. I dont think she is racist.

The title says it but it is to make fun of her. you should listen what she said not what others say about her. I think she just identifies overtly with her White side. I dont think she is racist.

Who says she was racist? I didn't. Tyra didn't. The crowd didn't.

I think she is silly. Not only did ahe make harsh judgments upon all African-Americans but she wishes to bleach her skin to be white. In my opinion she has psychological issues within herself. I know bi-racial females who are proud of both heritages which is fine, but when you wish to not be the other part of you then it becomes a red flag.

Who says she was racist? I didn't. Tyra didn't. The crowd didn't.

I think she is silly. Not only did ahe make harsh judgments upon all African-Americans but she wishes to bleach her skin to be white. In my opinion she has psychological issues within herself. I know bi-racial females who are proud of both heritages which is fine, but when you wish to not be the other part of you then it becomes a red flag.

I think so too but if she would Claim that she is proud to be black and Claims only her black side that she is bi-racial would be a non-issue. it depends on how you viewed by the Society as equally as how you view yourself or maybe even more

Forum List

Back