Race is a self-designation / is not fully correct

Discussion in 'Race Relations/Racism' started by Mortimer, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Mortimer

Mortimer Evil Genius Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +445
    well it is not fully wrong but also not fully correct. i think it is a self - Designation but it Needs to add up i.e make sense.

look at this woman, she is half White and she identifies as White but it doesnt make any sense, she is identified as black by everyone else
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RiGdY_-j0M]Black Woman Wants To Join The KKK - YouTube[/ame]

but if Obama self-designates himself as black despite being half White i think it makes sense and we can leave it at that.

if a 1/16 native american identifies as White, i think it is ok because his european ancestry is visible and his native american probably not despite being technically mixed race or bi-racial.

so my final conclusion, your ancestry you identify with Needs to be visible, otherwise it makes no sense to identify with this ancestry

2. Aristotle

Aristotle Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +125
    I think you missed the point using a poor example with the video. There is a difference in ethnically aligning yourself to a culture for social, psychological, and ethnic reasons apart from aligning yourself with a hate group like the klu klux klan.

The woman in the video is obviously suffering from issues of her identity.

3. Mortimer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +445
    She is not aligning herself with the KKK. Did you watched the Video? She is a bi-racial who Claims her White Side. The title is to put her down.

4. Unkotare

Unkotare Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,890
    The false notion of 'race' is a bullshit fabrication.

5. Mortimer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +445
    ok call it world populations or whatever. im certainly not racist and i wished there were no differences, but i think in reality we will be always judged by our race. if White, black, asian, american native or whatever. when they see us they already have preconceived view about us disdain or symphaty. they already judged us based on our race. even if you say it doesnt exist, but People will always see that someone is either black or White etc.

6. Aristotle

Aristotle Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +125
    Ok.....Let me rephrase it.

The klu klux klan is a white supremist hate group that emphasise separation of the "races" and of white purity. Regardless if she accepts her white side, her phenotypical features will prevent her from being accepted. She has obvious kinky hair, full lips, etc. The klan has a history of terrorizing both mono-racial, and bi-racial African-Americans.

Due to the dominant black genes and the recessive white genes her pronounced traits will prevent her from being accepted because she looks "black."

As far as the issue of race is concerned there is no such thing because its a construction based on racist European ideology. This is why I saif the girl in the video is a poor example because her pronounced phenotype for face value makes her black. It doesn't matter how she accepts herself, she to others, will look black.

Edit: FYI I've seen this tyra episode before....Notice how the crowd laughed when she said "I'm half black and white but I claim the white side" because the crowd knows for face value her dominant black genes makes her look like a person of color.

White supremist groups emphasize racial purity as in having a European ancestry (basically means to look white).

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  7. Mortimer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +445
    Who said she wants to join the KKK? And they laughed because she identifies as White but Looks black. So it is not a self-designation, which proves my Point. Why do you Play ignorant?

You are dumb as fuck and full of contradictions. I think you are a Retard (sorry). You say in same breath very contradictory things. "Race doesnt exist it is a construct" "Recessive/Dominant Genes make her look black". "She is a Person of colour" etc.

8. squeeze berry

squeeze berry Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,459
    he isn't playing.

and congratulations for figuring him out within a couple posts

PS

Tyra could have hired this person to say those things. I don't take daytime talk shows seriously

9. Mortimer

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +445
    Im certainly not racist (i dont know exact Definition of racism) but im not bigoted hater. i also dont think race determines our value for Society or as individuals or even Groups or that we should be preconceived based on our race. but that race doesnt exist, is nonsense to me. race does exist and determines at least some of our inherent characteristics (Skin colour, morphology etc.) or ability to run (blacks are better at running)

10. Lonestar_logic

Lonestar_logic Republic of Texas

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    He doesn't play.