Race Differences In Tipping: Questions And Answers For The Restaurant Industry

I waited tables/tended bar or many years. It's how I paid for college and I can tell you that yes, the majority of Black people are terrible tippers. And the Sunday Church crowd are also pretty poor tippers. It's the nature of the beast.

I used to live with a girl that was a waitress and the majority of white people are poor tippers as well.

It could be the clientele of that particular restaurant. I would say 8 time out of 10 I would make less then 5% off of tables where the guests were black. I am no slouch either, I was a damn good server. I had regulars fill my section every single day. I hope by saying this people don't think I am a racist or anything, this was just my experiences as a server for 15 years.

Blacks like to run white waitresses ragged and then stiff them. Happens all the fucking time especially at chain places like Red Lobster, Applebees, etc.

Leave it to Pussywuss to frequent low-end restaurant chains and try to look down his nose at everyone else there. :lmao:

It must be quite troubling to a gourmand like Pussywuss to see the atrocious eating habits of his fellow fine-diners at chez-McDonald's.

:lmao:

I know this from my college aged niece who works part time to help cover her tuition. ...

Oh yeah, change the story now to make it seem like you never frequent such places - of course! :rolleyes: :lmao:

I don't, but so what if I did?

You have issues that even the best psychiatrist in world would have trouble mending.

Blacks like to run white waitresses ragged and then stiff them. Happens all the fucking time especially at chain places like Red Lobster, Applebees, etc.

Leave it to Pussywuss to frequent low-end restaurant chains and try to look down his nose at everyone else there. :lmao:

It must be quite troubling to a gourmand like Pussywuss to see the atrocious eating habits of his fellow fine-diners at chez-McDonald's.

I know this from my college aged niece who works part time to help cover her tuition. ...

Oh yeah, change the story now to make it seem like you never frequent such places - of course! :rolleyes: :lmao:

I don't, but so what if I did?.

Of course you don't, dear.... :rolleyes:

Couldn't afford to wash your 'good' overalls more than once a month, right?

I waited tables/tended bar or many years. It's how I paid for college and I can tell you that yes, the majority of Black people are terrible tippers. And the Sunday Church crowd are also pretty poor tippers. It's the nature of the beast.
I hear this over and over. The Sunday white-hairs too, but at least they don't treat the staff like slaves as the blacks do. It's payback, and the restaurant managers never support staff being stiffed. Never.

Most people would never wait tables voluntarily. Crappy work used as a means to an end.

Some guests just like to run you around. Race wasn't the deciding factor either. Folks that lacked good manners had a knack for making you run. It's all apart of the good and bad of the industry. A small part of me misses it...a very small part.

It could be the clientele of that particular restaurant. I would say 8 time out of 10 I would make less then 5% off of tables where the guests were black. I am no slouch either, I was a damn good server. I had regulars fill my section every single day. I hope by saying this people don't think I am a racist or anything, this was just my experiences as a server for 15 years.

I doubt anyone will consider you a racist for simply stating what you have observed over 15 year. You are simply confirming what the article states

Sigmund Freud weeps.

Go focus on your homoerotic Asian scat fetishes. May as well enjoy what little you can in life.

I know this from my college aged niece who works part time to help cover her tuition. It's a running nightmare among her and the people she works with- who gets stuck with the group of blacks that just crawled through the door.

Go suck some more Asian boy-juice, you drunkard.

It also could be a self fulfilling prophesy. You think you are going to get stiffed and you have a crappy attitude. That could explain what I sensed as a reluctance to serve Black people. I thought they were just racist but maybe they were just gullible an believed the hype. Therefore they got no tip.

I know this from my college aged niece who works part time to help cover her tuition. It's a running nightmare among her and the people she works with- who gets stuck with the group of blacks that just crawled through the door.

It also could be a self fulfilling prophesy. You think you are going to get stiffed and you have a crappy attitude. That could explain what I sensed as a reluctance to serve Black people. I thought they were just racist but maybe they were just gullible an believed the hype. Therefore they got no tip.

So I take it you missed the line in the report that stated:
Blacks tip less than Whites even when the server is Black;

I take it you think that matters in regards to my point? If a Black waiter/waitress has a crappy attitude because they believe the hype about Black people being bad tippers they wont get a tip either. You dont seem to be very smart.

Sigmund Freud weeps..

Wud'yu say, Jed?

I take it you think that matters in regards to my point? If a Black waiter/waitress has a crappy attitude because they believe the hype about Black people being bad tippers they wont get a tip either. You dont seem to be very smart.

Yes as a matter of fact it does. You are showing your racism with the remark "It also could be a self fulfilling prophesy. You think you are going to get stiffed and you have a crappy attitude." So you are saying even black servers don't like serving blacks?

Yes as a matter of fact it does. You are showing your racism with the remark "It also could be a self fulfilling prophesy. You think you are going to get stiffed and you have a crappy attitude." So you are saying even black servers don't like serving blacks?

No one likes serving them. I don't know if it's a cultural thing or what, but the truth is, they are by and large difficult customers according to numerous first-hand accounts I have heard. And the larger the group, the worse they are. My niece got stiffed on bills far exceeding $100 on numerous occasions and her manager couldn't care less, because the food was paid for.

hmmm, if it's true that blacks don't waste money on tips, does that mean they're smarter than whites?
So you feel that tipping your servers at a restaurant is a waste of money? That tells me more than I want to know about you.

Probably a reflection of racism in the US. Why would I tip someone that gives me inferior service? I'm not one of those Black people that tip to make up for other Black people not tipping or tipping low amounts. If you do a good job you get a good tip. If you do a poor job you get little to no tip at all.

It's safe to say you're in the "bad tipper" category. No surprise there!

Its safe to say you are dumb if you think I should pay for someone giving me poor service in addition to helping the establishment keep stiffing their workers. If they paid the help what they were worth then this would be a pointless issue.
Is this the nonsense you tell yourself to excuse being cheap? Black people are awful tippers, and I know this from working in bars. Most wont leave any tip whatsoever, let alone a small tip. This is yet another clear indicator of the inferiority of black culture. You guys are really shameful. Please start fixing your problems, we would all appreciate it. Thanks.

I used to live with a girl that was a waitress and the majority of white people are poor tippers as well.
You made that up and no one believes you. No one believes any of your lies, but its amusing to watch you make a fool of yourself, so keep it up!

I know you are slow but yes. if Black servers have the same attitude they wont get a tip. What exactly was it that threw you for a loop?

Forum List

Back