Race Card!

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Annie, Jul 14, 2004.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Kerry playing the race card:

http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=546079&section=news

But he lies:

http://www.usefulwork.com/shark/archives/002309.html

2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,152
    Interesting how he expects to get the black vote after essentially telling them they are garbage...sad that he probably will get alot of it.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    I hope that the black community is getting much more savvy than the dems give them credit for. Those I know certainly are and don't take kindly to this kind of condescension.

4. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    as more and more black Americans gain wealth, the left will start losing them to the GOP. You are already starting to see that. Furthermore, the more left the Democratic party gets in regards to social issues, the more they will lose the black vote. The Democrats seem to forget that a lot of black Americans are big time "Bible thumpers".

5. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Being in DuPage County, we're already seeing it. I had the 'honor' of being at the rally where Jack Ryan announced he would not fight the opening of his divorce proceedings. There had to be 50 blacks out of 300 guests. They were as raucus as the rest, for the same results. In this county, one of the most Republican and wealthiest, the blacks are as much conservative as the rest. They need to protect their future.

They will back Bill Cosby take, be it Dem or Rep. it's the message of success and enablement.

6. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I am not making any apologies for Kerry, but it seems there is some data that backs up his claims.

For starters, the Justice Policy Institute released a study in 2002 that mirrors exactly what Kerry was saying:

article

Or maybe Kerry read the following article from the ASA from May of this year which stated that

Being jailed in federal or state prisons has become so common for African Americans today that more young black men in the United States have done time than have served in the military or earned a college degree

article

Kerry may have mispoken based on this data. I think it is evident from these reports anyway, that the problem does exist and is an issue.

Doesn't look like what Kerry said was that big of deal.

7. phadras

phadras Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17
    is due to Republicans? I don't get the connection....
    Or maybe Carrie oops Kerry is just blaming society in general...

8. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    It didn't seem he was blaming the GOP for the problem itself, but stacking it up against the tax cuts for the wealthy. I think he is blaming the GOP for inaction and deference to the upper class. I also think Kerry is trying to capitalize on Bush deciding not to attend any NAACP meetings since he was elected.

I may have interpreted it wrong, but that's what he seems to be saying based on that Reuter's report.

9. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Not that hard to get the correct data. I know if I was black and middle/upper class I'd be damned mad to have someone running for government sending my kids the message that he/she has a better chance to be in prison than college, when it's not true at all.

10. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    More blacks are in prison than college because blacks are inherently less intelligent and prone to impulsiveness and violence. Much more testosterone courses through them than whites. This is a fact. It is a result of evolution. No policy or wishful thinking will change it, whether it comes from liberals or conservatives.

Blacks will not change. Whites will not change. The two will never get along. That only happens on TV and in the movies, so the dummies in the Midwest all believe it. I'd like to toss some of these jokers into East New York for a month and see what they think. Maybe then they'd be jolted from the warm and fuzzy propaganda.