"RACE CARD" the phrase ONLY racists use

I've just found out it was first used in Britain. A conservative was accused of "playing the race card" so that would have to mean that a person other than a conservative invented the phrase.

So the OP makes no sense at all.

Play the race card
Meaning
To attempt to gain advantage in an election by pandering to the electorate's racism. Also, more recently, to attempt (by a black person) to gain advantage by accusing another (usually a white person) of racism.

Origin
This term is now more often used in the USA than in other countries, but was coined in England in the 1960s. It alludes to the playing of a trump card in card games like whist.

Following an influx of immigrants into the UK in the 1950/60s there was known to be a degree of racist discontent amongst the (largely white) indigenous population.

Reputable politicians avoided acknowledging this openly and there was an informal gentlemen's agreement not to benefit electorally by pandering to this racist element. Peter Griffiths, the Conservative candidate in an election for the parliamentary seat of Smethwick, was accused of using the slogan 'If you want a ****** neighbour - vote Labour', in an attempt to capitalize on the electorate's fears of being 'swamped' by immigrants. He was said to have 'played the race card'.

The more recent meaning, which refers to someone attempting to gain advantage by drawing attention to their race, became commonplace in the USA around the time of O. J. Simpson's trial for the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Goldman.

Several US newspapers used the phrase to describe the tactics of Simpson's defense lawyers. For example, this piece by Roger Simon in The Daily Herald, October 1995:

"Why was playing the race card necessary in order for O. J. Simpson to go free? Because it was the only way for the defense to deal with the massive physical evidence against him."

The American usage is what we're mainly interested here and without a doubt it's used almost exclusively by conservatives, whenever race is an issue. Used so often, as a matter of fact, that I often believe it's a tactic to use words that skirt the line so that one can yell "race card", if someone complains. As a phrase it really serves no purpose except to further polarize our society.

hey dumbass. if you don't want conservatives yelling "race card" then stop yelling "racist" all the time cause every damn time you do it we're gonna tell you you izzzzz playing the race card..

Soooooo..., you're willing to lie to make your point? GOTCHA!!! :doubt:

The American usage is what we're mainly interested here and without a doubt it's used almost exclusively by conservatives, whenever race is an issue. Used so often, as a matter of fact, that I often believe it's a tactic to use words that skirt the line so that one can yell "race card", if someone complains. As a phrase it really serves no purpose except to further polarize our society.

hey dumbass. if you don't want conservatives yelling "race card" then stop yelling "racist" all the time cause every damn time you do it we're gonna tell you you izzzzz playing the race card..

point out the lie asswipe.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RND2K4YrPNs]The race card meets its match - YouTube[/ame]

point out the lie asswipe.

That the basis for making the Race-card claim isn't racist. I've lived my whole life in America. You can't fool me. Remember, I was still in the room when the black guy left and heard what "you" said!!!

Herman Cain is an idiot
thatsracist.gif

He is one man and I called that one man an idiot.

He is one.

That is not racism.

You cant even figure out what real racism is can you?

So true. That sort of thing is only racist if the one man being called an idiot is Obama. :thup:

He is one.

That is not racism.

So true. That sort of thing is only racist if the one man being called an idiot is Obama. :thup:

But that is not what the right does is it.

Willow called every member of the black comngressional congress idiots and she doesnt even know their names or records.

90 % of people of color do not EVER vote for republicans.

90 % of people of color think your party is racist.

You are the party of racism and refuse every attempts of black America to tell you how to fix your racism by creamimng "RACE CARD".

It is a racist response to a refusual to correct the very things that make your party so very unattractive to people of color.

Only Racists use the Race Card phrase to deflect ha ing to answer to the real claims.

He is one.

That is not racism.

Willow called every member of the black comngressional congress idiots and she doesnt even know their names or records.

You are the party of racism and refuse every attempts of black America to tell you how to fix your racism by creamimng "RACE CARD".

It is a racist response to a refusual to correct the very things that make your party so very unattractive to people of color.

Only Racists use the Race Card phrase to deflect ha ing to answer to the real claims.

:lmao:

:lmao:

and she calls Republicans racist? oh the fucking irony.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFVDmjzaLmI]STUPID LIBERAL TRYING TO PLAY RACE CARD AGAINST A BLACK MAN - LIBERALS = RACIST - YouTube[/ame]

It was invented by a racist and only racists use this phrase.

Your little golden card of free racists action only outs you as a racist.

If the yoyo's in your party would stop playing the race card, you'd hear the term a lot less. Instead, in your typical fashion, you want to keep playing the race card and silence the opposition that correctly calls you out on it. You moonbats need to find a new angle, seriously....

The democrat party has a long, long history of racism from Lincoln to segregation. I bet if you polled the KKK as to it's political affiliation you would find they were all registered democrats. Many political icons in the democrat party were racists. Al Gore's father, senator Gore was a segregationist. Democrats thought it was cute when aging former KKK member senator Robert Byrd of W.V. blurted out the "N" word from time to time. Now the radicals want to play the Alinsky game and accuse everyone else of racism. It ain't working.

racist_democrat_poster.jpg

Keep trying guys.

It is about to be as dead as your violnece talk.

Neither one will work anymore.

Its "PLAYED" out.

no more "get out of jail free" cards for you to play when it comes to acting in a racist manner.

I don't say that to be racist. Because I'm not.
But what do I do when someone says "It's because I'm black" or calls me racist when I do something, trying to make me look like the bad guy.

I don't believe in racism. I believe in attitude.
Everyone can choose to have a good attitude.

There are flase claims of racism.

Using the race card phrase is racism.

If you run acrossed a false claim you can point out how it is false and if it is false that will be obvious to anyone listening.

Everytime black people point out racism now there is a racist standing there to scream "race card" not matter how warrented the claims are.

If you are not a racist you will respect your black brothers and sisters enough NOT to use this racism nullifing phrase.

What do you think the black community hears when that phrase is tosseed at them EVERY TIME they make a claim of racism?

They hear a silly black made up phrase of hate.

Those of you who continue to use this phrase have shown you do not care what any black person hears when you utter it.

That means you are a racists by mere fact you are willing to continue using the racists phrase.

Note how many right wing people are here panicing because they LOVE the phease so much.
You on the left who lack the intelligence to defend Obama's actions (and that's many of you) took to calling any and all opposition to Obama's policies "racism" in an attempt to silence the opposition.

That's intellectually dishonest and morally bankrupt.

In other words, your stupidity does not make me racist. No matter how much you stamp your feet and pout.

I expect that the volume of the Racism charges will increase greatly. Given Obama's appalling economic record, hyping Racism is the only card left for the Moonbats to play.

Wow, liberal logic at its finest.

Some lefty clown or clowns accuse Tea Party folks of being racists or not liking Obama just because he's got black skin, or some such nonsense. A Tea Party member admonishes the clown(s) to knock off playing the race card. And that makes the member a racist!

Let's vote. Truthmatters is stupid? Truthmatters is simply disingenuous?

TruthMattersNotAtAll speaks for liberals, poster girl for liberals, and the centerfold for liberals, and she plays the race card too.

What is it you think black people hear when you use this phrase willow?

do you care what they think?
You don't -- at least the ones who have stepped foot off the Democrat plantation.

I think it's hilarious when white liberals appoint themselves as spokesmen for black America. Of course, it's because you don't think they can speak for themselves. You don't think they can succeed without the help of white liberals.

I'd ask you to honestly examine your motives, but that would be a waste of keystrokes.

New Topics

Forum List

Back