Race Appropriation?

Where will this stupidity end???

'A style that links so heavily with identity is not taken seriously until it is seen on a white woman'

Along with hair scrunchies, ripped jeans and body glitter, hoop earrings are, to many people, simply a current fashion trend.

To others, however, they carry a lot more meaning, and one woman has now called out hoop earrings as a form of cultural appropriation.

Ruby Pivet is a Latina writer who has suggested that hoop earrings should be seen in the same light as bindis, braids and Native American headdresses. ...

“In the grand scheme of things, hoop earrings may seem insignificant,” Pivet says. “But seeing white women wearing them is unnerving. White girls did not start the ‘trend’ of over-sized hoop earrings and yet they’re the ones being praised for donning the ‘edgy’ style.

“Because it’s cute and aesthetic when they wear hoop earrings, but it’s ghetto and hard for us to be taken seriously when black and brown bodies wear them,” one of the students responsible for the writing, Alegria Martinez, wrote on her Instagram account.

“White girls, take off your hoops, stop calling yourself mami and start respecting our existence.”

People are now saying hoop earrings are cultural appropriation

Hoop earrings date back at least as far as ancient Egypt.
Idiots!

If+There+Is+Nothing.jpg

If all men are equal, as it states in the Constitution, why were slaves considered three fifths of a person?

"All man are created equal" is in the Declaration of Independence and referred to a repudiation of class/title distinctions that were part of British society.

Slaves were not considered three fifths of a person, they were counted as three fifths of a "person" for the purposes of Congressional representation.

According to the Dred Scott decision, slaves weren't even citizens...

Orange is the new black?
Lets refine that. Stupid is the new smart/
Reparations? How can blacks pay back all the lives of whites that died to free them? This is over 150 years ago. Reparations for ex slaves 150 years hence? Well, on the other hand, how much do former slaves owe the union for freeing them? I am not an economist. But Frank Regan would say, we are even Steven.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights...
Until this lie is overturned, we are not even Steven.
Until such time as ALL are equal, we are not even Steven.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk
Well, taptalker, it isn't a lie. How many people died that inevitably ended slavery? Numbers vary, 350 thousand Union dead. That is inarguable. Get past that. It redeems us. Now, what blacks DO WITH THAT is rather sad, but this up to THEM. And this cottage industry blacks indulge in of perennial racism, well, it's about done. Like the Dodo.

Orange is the new black?
Reparations? How can blacks pay back all the lives of whites that died to free them? This is over 150 years ago. Reparations for ex slaves 150 years hence? Well, on the other hand, how much do former slaves owe the union for freeing them? I am not an economist. But Frank Regan would say, we are even Steven.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights...

Well, taptalker, it isn't a lie. How many people died that inevitably ended slavery? Numbers vary, 350 thousand Union dead. That is inarguable. Get past that. It redeems us. Now, what blacks DO WITH THAT is rather sad, but this up to THEM. And this cottage industry blacks indulge in of perennial racism, well, it's about done. Like the Dodo.
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

not a lie
If all men are equal, as it states in the Constitution, why were slaves considered three fifths of a person?

Three-Fifths Compromise - Wikipedia

They didn't consider them men. That is until they were forced to accept that they are. Except the wimmins of coursw.

Orange is the new black?

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

One can always count on Billy coming back with something profound!

Millions of white women want our genetics .

It's probably an oversight, but you forgot to include the word "fat" in that statement.

Speaking of cultural appropriation, though, you do realize the interwebs was created by white people, don't you? Please stop appropriating it, k?

Forum List

Back