R U better off today than you were 4 years ago ??

R U better off today than you were 4 years ago ??

• yes

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • no

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • same

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters
i was promised hope and change and a transparent government, lower unemployment, a better economy, that guantanamo would be closed in a year. i see hypocrisy and fluff, fake it till you make it, and earn while you learn. when does the obama era start ? if things had gotten better real quick, would the economy still belong to former president bush ?

Unlike many leftists, dems, centerists, independents, pubs, righties, and extremists, my wife and I were responsible: maintained our credit score, paid our credit cards in full each month, tithed regularly, maintained regular savings, carefully monitored investments, drove cars that were paid for, and lived within our means.

We made some mistakes, of course, but they were very minor in the course of events.

The family has done the same with our businesses.

How many who voted "no" failed to live prudently?

Yeah, everybody suffering brought it on themselves, right.

lol

JimBowie makes a point that is not evident from my post.

The question was, "How many who voted 'no' failed to live prudently?"

I think a more telling question would be to ask people are they better off now than they were two years ago. Let's face it...we had the normal bounce back from recession...the so called "bikini graph" thing...but then it leveled off and we've been essentially stalled just grinding along with about the same unemployment numbers and GDP growth for the last two years.

Yes, I see that too. Stagnation in the markets, the economy and people's lives because nobody knows what this idiot (Obama) is going to do to wreck our lives next.

It's a confidence gap. Everybody is waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Yup and just how far is that other shoe gonna drop?

Way to much uncertainty out there for the economy to improve faster than the snails pace its going at now.

I'm not better off. My HC benefits have gone up along with the price of everything else. Of course everyone else is in the same boat. Shit I payed $3.10 for gas on the last fill up and thought I won the fucking lotto.

The only winners in this economy are the entitlment crowd. They don't have to worry about paying the bills. Someone else is doing that for em.

Actually few can vote yes. Sure you may be making more money and have better "stuff" but you are in much more debt whether you know it or not.

While no doubt many are doing as well or better, record numbers of Americans are unemployed and have been for record lengths of time. Clearly from most surveys I've read, Americans are not happy with the path we're on.

Discussions of Bain capital and Romney's dog and tax returns really aren't resonating with anybody but the terminally stupid.

Those saying "I am better off four years ago" are the minority. The question being asked is an economic one. If individuals have had a rough four years, Obama must convince them his plan will make them better off in the next 4 years. Blaming Bush, demonizibg the high income earners, and speaking in the ephemeral is not going to cut it.

Those saying "I am better off four years ago" are the minority. The question being asked is an economic one. If individuals have had a rough four years, Obama must convince them his plan will make them better off in the next 4 years. Blaming Bush, demonizibg the high income earners, and speaking in the ephemeral is not going to cut it.

It is a stupid question

Of course you are better off than four years ago. Four years ago we were in economic collapse,stock market in freefall, losing 700,000 jobs a month, the banks were ready to fold, so were the auto companies

Anyone who says that period in our history is better than today is either lying or a moron

It is a stupid question

Of course you are better off than four years ago. Four years ago we were in economic collapse,stock market in freefall, losing 700,000 jobs a month, the banks were ready to fold, so were the auto companies

Anyone who says that period in our history is better than today is either lying or a moron

We're still posting numbers far worse than those posted under most of the GWB years.

It is a stupid question

We're still posting numbers far worse than those posted under most of the GWB years.

"most" of the Bush years?

Thats like saying I was ahead in the poker game until I lost all my money

I am sure many are better off with all free handouts and womb to the tomb entitlements,to bad the cost to the Country will destroy it.......illegals and deadbeats are better off, the responsible taxpayer is fucked as are your children's and grandchildren future............................

$avant_trailer_park.jpg

$5001-BUSINESS-US-ECONOMY-USA-POLL.jpg

$r.jpg

Forum List

Back