R U better off today than you were 4 years ago ??

R U better off today than you were 4 years ago ??

• yes

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • no

Votes: 23 48.9%
  • same

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters

washamericom

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2010
i was promised hope and change and a transparent government, lower unemployment, a better economy, that guantanamo would be closed in a year.

i see hypocrisy and fluff, fake it till you make it, and earn while you learn.

when does the obama era start ? if things had gotten better real quick, would the economy still belong to former president bush ?

6e4d597a7714e7f96632215f363e9ef8.png

Last edited:
the answer is no, the country itself is not even looking good and anyone who says is just putting in perspective that they are and possibly not look at the future as a whole and saying wow, 1.4 trillion gone, wow all teh bush rhetoric and most of his policies are still in place because all his ideas were soooo bad and they are so enamoured with such a failing president they just dont want to accept a bad choice.

I had to pick "yes" because it is true. The reason I'm better off is because of my good planning, my self-control, and my wise choices in education and in life in general. It had absolutely nothing to do with obama.

I had to pick "yes" because it is true. The reason I'm better off is because of my good planning, my self-control, and my wise choices in education and in life in general. It had absolutely nothing to do with obama.

I'm sure there are many like you. Sadly I had to start using paid advertising again just to stay above board. Hadn't used it in nearly a decade. Now that monthly cost eats into my profit but at least its keeping us competitive with the big companies. Others like myself may not be that lucky.

I think a more telling question would be to ask people are they better off now than they were two years ago. Let's face it...we had the normal bounce back from recession...the so called "bikini graph" thing...but then it leveled off and we've been essentially stalled just grinding along with about the same unemployment numbers and GDP growth for the last two years.

Barely keeping my investments afloat. It's been a bad disappointing 4 years and I'm ready to see some results. I predict, if Romney gets the nod the market will jump 1000 pts in one week, hell maybe in one Day.

I think a more telling question would be to ask people are they better off now than they were two years ago. Let's face it...we had the normal bounce back from recession...the so called "bikini graph" thing...but then it leveled off and we've been essentially stalled just grinding along with about the same unemployment numbers and GDP growth for the last two years.

Yes, I see that too. Stagnation in the markets, the economy and people's lives because nobody knows what this idiot (Obama) is going to do to wreck our lives next.

It's a confidence gap. Everybody is waiting for the other shoe to drop.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
I am reviewing my budget because my taxes are going up. Trying to increase my money surplus for those unhappy surprises of home ownership. Not getting better at all.

i was promised hope and change and a transparent government, lower unemployment, a better economy, that guantanamo would be closed in a year.

i see hypocrisy and fluff, fake it till you make it, and earn while you learn.

when does the obama era start ? if things had gotten better real quick, would the economy still belong to former president bush ?

Ask the record number 64 million people on food stamps or the high number of people who have went off of unemployment without finding a job or the family who just lost their home. Ask them if they are doing better now than they were doing 4 years ago.

I am a lot better off than I was four years ago.

I am not asking this as a poke.... so please don't take the question as that...

Are you better off today due to entitlements?

Yes and no. I did receive help when I needed it, and did receive help when I was going to school.. But I actually got training for what I do through my job. Of course the place I worked for receives tax credits and funding for the training they give employees.
Having said that, I believe in helping people When they are down.. But now that I have worked hard to make my life better, it annoys me When people take advantage of the system and make people like me look bad.
I also have to say, I did receive help, now I do not receive anything. My son is in a program that is funded through the school district, and is now on my insurance plan.

Forum List

Back