R.I.P. Old Girl

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
We said good-bye to our old girl Lauren this morning. :( Although we're sad about it, she had 12 wonderful years. For all her size, she was the best house dog I've ever had. She'll spend her first night outside since I got her when she was 5 weeks old. Rest in peace white dog.

Lauren3.jpg

Last edited:
The memory of losing my little buddy of twenty years is still pretty fresh in my mind too, so I know exactly how you're feeling... it's tough.

So sorry to hear of your lose.

Condolences, sweetie. It's hard to say good bye to a beloved pet.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
My sympathies for you I know how hard it is when you lose them.
I lost my large dog about 3 years ago. She was the best of best, but I know yours and mine are in doggie heaven having a wonderful time. :)

• Thanks
She must have been an outstanding lover, Vel (from what I can gather from a photo).

PS: I used to sleep with Pepita, my beloved late female dog when I was a teen (centuries ago) and I jokingly referred to her as my "lover" :D

• Thanks
There is nothing like outside of a dog for the inside of a man.

They are just the best hairy people there are.

Sorry for your loss.

• Thanks
Dogs' lives are short, too short, but you know that going in. You know the pain is coming, you're going to lose a dog, and there's going to be great anguish, so you live fully in the moment with her, never fail to share her joy, or delight in her innocence, because you can't support the illusion that a dog can be your lifelong companion. There's such beauty in the hard honesty of that, in accepting and giving love while always aware it comes with an unbearable price. Maybe loving dogs is the way we do penance for all the other illusions we allow ourselves and for the mistakes we make because of those illusions.

Dean Koontz

Deepest sympathies for your loss. I know just how you feel.

I laid my 14 year old BBF Andy to rest last year at this time. I've shared my life with some great dogs and Andy was one of em. He is missed every day.

My Border Collie Jake is 13 this year so I don't know how much longer he will be here.
Its very sad but its the price we pay for loving and sharing our lives with animals.

• Thanks
We said good-bye to our old girl Lauren this morning. :( Although we're sad about it, she had 12 wonderful years. For all her size, she was the best house dog I've ever had. She'll spend her first night outside since I got her when she was 5 weeks old. Rest in peace white dog.

Lauren3.jpg

Ahh, what a beaut she was. I am very sorry for your loss, Vel. It is the hardest thing in the world to lose a good and loyal friend whom you were loved by....(((V)))

• Thanks
Thanks everyone for the kind words. She was a great dog. Never an aggressive bone in her. We buried her in the wooded area in the front yard that she loved, next to her old friend, our beloved collie. I wonder tho, is it wrong of me to rejoice in the fact that my beautiful dogs received better burials than Osama Bin Laden? Nah.. and if it is, well .... Thanks again everyone.

Sorry you lost your friend:( It's hard when they go. We lost one of our cats a few months ago and we still find ourselves looking for him to come up and snuggle.

So sorry Vel. It has been several years now since we had our wonderful companion, the last in a long line, put down as it would have been cruel to keep him alive. We aren't over it yet, but the great years we had with him were worth it all. Somehow his spirit is still here. Sending you a virtual hug for wonderful memories and healing.

Lauren3.jpg
U can has mai kondolanses. :(

Dis teh bes' ai gots to komfurt u.

e0e44b86-4201-4ea0-bbee-70656a349276.jpg

Forum List

Back