R.I.P. McCain/Palin 2008

Great game tonight.

It was my first time being at a game in which we clinched a playoff series.

Good times.

As for war you dumb as a rock dipstick, the Congress had complete and total over sight. Unless you are one of those frothing at the mouth dumb shits that claims Bush magically lied to Congress.

In which case prove it. Explain how the ENTIRE world believed Saddam had weapons right up until we found he had none. Including all the major democratic leaders of Congress. Do what no one has managed in 6 years, prove it.

Ooohhh.... big words. Complete oversight? All the congress does is provide funding. They are kind of tagged along, and sold along the same rhetoric in that bubble we call Washington. It's a lose-lose situation for them. They don't vote for funding, they're now blamed for not supporting the troops or the war, and will be put to a vote again and again, until the rhetoric breaks them down. They do vote, and they're blamed for the war. For all the Bush administration was concerned, they didn't really NEED our approval to go to war. They did what they wanted ANYWAY. All they needed was the spin to save Bush's approval rating, to maintain his credibility, so they could keep the war going and maintain their rep without too much social upheaval or dissent. Once he's elected, he's in! He, apparently, didn't need our approval for anything anymore. He... they... SOLD that war to us. A pack of lies, and I ALWAYS KNEW IT! I saw their bullshit just from a mile away... who care who had what (WMD's)? We had gotten attacked by Bin Laden, and we go after Iraq? Who the hell do we think we are? The fucking world police, trying to make ourselves feel better by inserting a democracy to 'help' the world? Please, we have problems of our own, most notably, the existence of a terrorist who wants to bring us down, who exists elsewhere. Gosh, you really were sold easily, weren't you? Now, you're actually defending them, after the situation we are in now? I bet you call that Patriotism. I call that anything but...

As for how the entire WOLRD believed Hussein had WMD's? I don't know, because people are gullible? You don't start a war unless you KNOW!! The Bush adminstration WANTED to start that war, so made it happen. Made it seem certain. When a government of the most powerful country says something is true, they make it true, and people will believe it. It's that simple. People are afraid to 'not be patriotic.' To not believe their government. Go with the herd... whatever. I don't blame people. People need something to believe in. Something with which to identity. But now, we should all be out of that bubble of ignorance, and start thinking clearly again. But, people are still hanging on to that rhetoric, and I don't understand why. What's Worse, is that they want to perpetuate it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back